Prices are on the rise......

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
I hope i.c.e performance vehicles are still a big part of the hobby, for a long long time.
But the owner age of these vehicles, and the fact that a very small part of the younger generations see, American performance cars as something to lust after. And lets face it, no matter what the person with an auction paddle in their hand plans on doing with the vehicle after they own it (drive it, pack it away in moth balls ) they buy because they have had a longing for such a model for a long time.
THe gt500 is a limited production car persay, but in the future the number of people that are part of the younger generations that those that own them now, are a small group that be standing with a paddle or on the phone with an auction staffer bidding. I think other vehicles will be the ones those people lust after, like they do now. For a lot of the under 40 crowd the pony cars are not even on their radar, so who know if it will be in 10-20 years when they are older. I know what vehicles/cars my kids and their friends like and wish they could have, and sad to say only a few have any passing interest in mustangs/camaro's even though they have a strong interest in performance cars/trucks.
Like I stated above I hope the hobby had a long life with i.c.e. powered vehicles. I know one thing I , know one knows what the future holds.
I still think you’re banking on a generalization of who drive these vehicles or at least who drives mustangs. I’m in the under 40 crowd that you are describing and there are other people on these 350 forum younger than me—and in the real word, there are many. I am by no way a rarity, I’m a constant.

I get paid to go to a lot of Ford shows to cover events for Ford Performance and other outlets and there are lots of people under 40 at those events who own Mustangs. The mustang is by no means an older persons car if it was we would see AARP tents at events and we don’t. So yes will some young people crave a fast and furious type car of course, but there will always be people who want the mustang, the Camaro, the Dodge which we see that all over the place for people under 40. The future is in good hands.

As for younger people wanting the 500 that they can’t afford at the moment all I have to do is point you to the many—many body kits that are available that allow people to make their Ford mustang GT look like a GT500. Hell in my area of SoCal, almost 20:1 when I think I see a 500, it’s actually a GT with the 500 style body kit—it’s very convincing when driving head-on towards them. I would say that body kit, if the trend continues will be almost as popular as what Saleen kits were in the early 2000s.

Some of those people will be able to eventually obtain a real GT500 and they’ll jump on it like somebody screamed fumble.

1631552145132.gif

Your kids tastes are your kids tastes. If they’re not into muscle cars then that’s them but that doesn’t equal that they are representative of everyone under 40. It’s a generalization that you can’t do because it’s a super super super small sample size.

Some people are into Porsches, other Nissans, some Subaru, others it must have an LS, and others still love Dodge, and so on and so on. We all like what we like, but I don’t see the enthusiasm dying in the under 40 crowd even as we switch to EV.

Car people are car people, it doesn’t matter what age. We all love cars and we’re passionate about them.
Sponsored

Last edited:

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Porsche has the panty dropping effect when out and about, for a night on the town.
So, sure younger GUYS will own those.
So are they owning the car because they like the CAR or what it can GET them. If it is because they truly love driving them, awesome. Having been a young guy at one time and knowing what happens to Females when a guy drives vehicles with that badge. The more things change,,, as they say.
I'll try to say this nicely. You're painting a picture to match your beliefs and biases or maybe your own desires. The fact is, these are all enthusiasts - all modifying, restoring, tracking and enjoying their cars.

I could go down the list of cars that have a youthful following...RX...old mazdas, hondas and toyotas.. Does the next generation have some obstacles ahead of them, sure - but to label a generation as not liking cars is to label yourself as being too old to understand what people like. Just like every generation is exposed to and might enjoy a different genre of music, only the very institutionalized will say "all new music is horrible".

Lastly, you contradict yourself by suggesting that the younger crowd doesn't care much about cars but then go on to say that young girls care more then young men? In my entire life experience, cars only get women in movies and in the minds of men who were never going to get a woman in the first place.

Last edited:

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
1966 gto 389/4 speed
1970 charger 383 car
1970 chevelle ls5 4 speed
1968 442
1970.5 t/a 400/4spd
1974 S/D t/a
1968 cougar
1967 Firechicken
1981 turbo t/a, this one might be a stretch calling it a muscle car.
1962 409 impala, not original engine.
1992 firehawk
1971 challanger.
1966 tempest originally a 326 car, 455/ 4 speed.
I've had a few.
Nice selection of cars but unfortunately not a Ford amongst them. :wink:

Aside from your previous ownership of some very cool cars my thoughts are much different than yours with respect to the future of our GT350/R's and other outstanding ICE equipped vehicles. :)

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe

Aside from your previous ownership of some very cool cars my thoughts are much different than yours with respect to the future of our GT350/R's and other outstanding ICE equipped vehicles. :)
I spy with my little eye - a very cool "ford" Cougar - love those.

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
With states passing laws against I.C.E., that just makes these cars more desirable. NY Governor just signed a law prohibiting the sale of new I.C.E. cars beginning 2035. When something is prohibitted, people want it more.

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I spy with my little eye - a very cool "ford" Cougar - love those.
Agreed as my very first car once leaving high school and starting out in the work world was a 1967 "Mercury" Cougar.

Once smitten by my '67 Cougar Pony car way back in the day there was no going back with the Blue Oval Brand and remember trading my '67 Cougar in on a brand new 1974 Mustang II Mach 1.

When ordering that car I checked off the Mach 1 option, White exterior along with Tan interior and then looked for a V8 engine option but there was none to be had.

In the Fall of 1973 I had to take delivery of my brand new '74 Mustang II Mach 1 with a 2.8L V6 engine and a whooping 105 HP! :crying:

Long story short, 1974 was the only Mustang model year that a V8 engine option was not available over the entire history of this outstanding Pony Car!

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.

Was not a fan of Ford muscle cars, or the flexy flier aka the 64-73 mustangs.
This 2020 mustang is the first Ford performance based car, most of my Fords were trucks.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
With states passing laws against I.C.E., that just makes these cars more desirable. NY Governor just signed a law prohibiting the sale of new I.C.E. cars beginning 2035. When something is prohibitted, people want it more.
It'll never happen, he is just pandering for votes.

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP
Watching the market and this thread has me thinking about selling my 350R to pay for my GT500 CFTP but Im quite internally conflicted. I love the 350R but it would make it a lot easier paying it against the 500.

Local dealers have given me a rough 58-60K trade in for my LB 17R with 2300 miles. Seems decent but im sure I could get a little more on the private market

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Watching the market and this thread has me thinking about selling my 350R to pay for my GT500 CFTP but Im quite internally conflicted. I love the 350R but it would make it a lot easier paying it against the 500.

Local dealers have given me a rough 58-60K trade in for my LB 17R with 2300 miles. Seems decent but im sure I could get a little more on the private market
Maybe it is just me but getting $58 to $60K check for a low mileage and very late build 2017 R seems to be on the low side to me.

No question in my mind that the private market would be a much better way for you to go in order to receive a great deal more compensation.

I assume this is an Electronics Package equipped R and comes with OTT stripes along with a Shelby car cover?

Sponsored

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP
Maybe it is just me but getting $58 to $60K check for a low mileage and very late build 2017 R seems to be on the low side to me.

No question in my mind that the private market would be a much better way for you to go in order to receive a great deal more compensation.

I assume this is an Electronics Package equipped R and comes with OTT stripes along with a Shelby car cover?
Correct. Lightning Blue w/ Black OTT stripes. I felt it was low too. The sales tax savings would be nice, but I can probably get more on the private market that would overcome sales tax savings.

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.

Oh no, don't do that deal. '17 base models are going for more than that at this moment in time.

ccrook

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Correct. Lightning Blue w/ Black OTT stripes. I felt it was low too. The sales tax savings would be nice, but I can probably get more on the private market that would overcome sales tax savings.
Picked up my 17R at the beginning of August from another forum member for 63k, but it has 17k miles. Only 10k on the gen 2 engine which was a pro for me, but I'm sure you could get closer to 70k with that amount of miles. With the current market I would have reached out to you if it had been listed for 70k, no doubt.

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
Picked up my 17R at the beginning of August from another forum member for 63k, but it has 17k miles. Only 10k on the gen 2 engine which was a pro for me, but I'm sure you could get closer to 70k with that amount of miles. With the current market I would have reached out to you if it had been listed for 70k, no doubt.
gorgeous avatar picture minus the black over the plate.

ccrook

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
gorgeous avatar picture minus the black over the plate.

Thanks man, Utah has some incredible landscapes and I look forward to getting more shots with the DSLR. In this picture it had the previous owners plate, so I felt it was best to black it out. I have a custom UT plate on the way
Sponsored

Last edited: