Prices are on the rise......

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
Don't say that around here. There are guys that want to believe that only their car is going up in value, while other are just overinflated. lol
1629143070770.gif

Cheers to you. You just don’t give up. You’re the bellwether. Always pushing that narrative.
Sponsored

rush0024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R in Iconic Silver
The white 2017 R with 6k miles sold on BAT for $67,350 ($70,717 after fees).

And a black 2017 non-R with 9k miles sold for $51,000 ($53,550 after fees).

I suppose it could be the higher mileage, or that they were a couple years older, but I wonder if things are leveling off overall...

And now another 2019 is up, with 2,700 miles:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2019-ford-mustang-gt350r-4/
The white 2017 final price was surprising, but it also had a wrap which might have deterred alot of buyers.

It's only one car. Now if two or three more sell for 70k then I would say things are changing.

brokenblinker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2012 Leaf daily
The white 2017 final price was surprising, but it also had a wrap which might have deterred alot of buyers.

It's only one car. Now if two or three more sell for 70k then I would say things are changing.
Was it? Recent 2017 R with 20k sold near me for 62k. 8k price difference.for the difference in miles seems reasonable.

lunatect

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Prices on drivers, no matter the miles, seem to have leveled off from what I'm seeing online

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Prices on drivers, no matter the miles, seem to have leveled off from what I'm seeing online
Don't disagree with your comments but curious as to what is your definition of a driver?

Sponsored

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
Don’t buy anything now! Prices are insane!
this, times eleventy.

cars, boats, houses and airplanes are ridonkulous right now…I have a client looking for a Challenger 300 corporate jet (that sold for 6.5M last year) and are closer to 10M today 🤨

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
I bought a 2019 recently. I fully expect it to lose 5-10k in the next year, but I just wanted to start having fun with it already.
but to quote a slightly infamous talk show host “do you care” (Tom Leykis if you wanna google him)

…and none of the rest of this is strictly aimed at you, but

I have never in my 50 years, met a car group that is so worried about the resale value of something on 4 wheels!

if you like it, buy it and drive it…it’s always gonna be worth something when youre done with it 😎

Sponsored

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
but to quote a slightly infamous talk show host “do you care” (Tom Leykis if you wanna google him)

I have never in my 50 years, met a car group that is so worried about the resale value of something on 4 wheels!

if you like it, buy it and drive it…it’s always gonna be worth something when youre done with it 😎
who the hell buys a car for resale value? If I’m buying it, I’m going to enjoy it. I don’t need a garage queen.

oh. Shit. I forgot I drive a GT. I’ll go back to my hole! :)

rush0024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R in Iconic Silver

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars

I agree but I think I can explain it. Mustangs are usually made in such high numbers that they are worthless in a decade or 15 years. A ‘99 Mustang GT for instance, they were so numerous that you can’t give one away. So with these new cars people are worried that the same trend will follow; however, these are very different cars—very different Mustangs. These are world renown vehicles that have been lauded in the media and car world for the past 5 years, something that we have not seen since the original Competition models debuted in 1965. So it’s not going to follow the same trend. Still, buy it and enjoy it. The rest is out of your control.