Prices are on the rise......

GT4EVR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 K2498; 2014 M-B SLK350; 2010 Maxima SV;
I’ve been talked into keeping the stripes from the Mrs. ok, ok they grew on me as well.
Exactly the same with me as well!:crackup: Only in my case, black stripes w/ magnetic pinstriping.

Shelby Front.jpg
Sponsored

IainD90

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Iain
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R #KR666, 2023 Bronco Sasquatch
I see you have an R. Could that be part of your bias? I do too, and I am not as optimistic. I think that anyone who may sell anytime in the future should do so now while the market is hot.
If we were talking about the stock market I would 10,000% agree with you, but I simply could not take the risk in taking this advice and selling my car, and risking the premium I'd have to pay to buy one back if you're wrong :(

That said.. If the market does cool off I'll be doing my best to trade mine in for an R

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
If we were talking about the stock market I would 10,000% agree with you, but I simply could not take the risk in taking this advice and selling my car, and risking the premium I'd have to pay to buy one back if you're wrong :(

That said.. If the market does cool off I'll be doing my best to trade mine in for an R
Newsflash, its a mustang, not a ferrari.

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Newsflash, its a mustang, not a ferrari.
I was of the same mindset...and maybe it's my bias, as you say - but I'm try8ing to be positive and open about the possibilities here. It's out of production and it's still getting a ton of coverage and accolades. When there isn't anything much like it available at that price point, there's good motivation for that price point to move up. This isn't a family car that someone is looking for to commute to work in - no one that buys one of these NEEDS one. I'm just going to go with the flow and the thinking that these are worth more than their MSRP now. $150k?...not likely... but $90-100k, easy, IMO.

Wasn't there a Ferrari in this bunch? ;)
https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a27194/road-track-2016-performance-car-of-the-year/

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I was of the same mindset...and maybe it's my bias, as you say - but I'm try8ing to be positive and open about the possibilities here. It's out of production and it's still getting a ton of coverage and accolades. When there isn't anything much like it available at that price point, there's good motivation for that price point to move up. This isn't a family car that someone is looking for to commute to work in - no one that buys one of these NEEDS one. I'm just going to go with the flow and the thinking that these are worth more than their MSRP now. $150k?...not likely... but $90-100k, easy, IMO.

Wasn't there a Ferrari in this bunch? ;)
https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a27194/road-track-2016-performance-car-of-the-year/
Yes, its a great car. I also do believe that there is a lot of bias here. It is my opinion that current prices are driven by this skewed market. It was not that long ago where prices were in a major slump. This chip shortage hit and bam now we are all seeing a drastic change in the market.

It would be nice if you are all correct. If anyone wants to give me $150k for each of my Rs, you all know where to find me.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Yes, its a great car. I also do believe that there is a lot of bias here. It is my opinion that current prices are driven by this skewed market. It was not that long ago where prices were in a major slump. This chip shortage hit and bam now we are all seeing a drastic change in the market.

It would be nice if you are all correct. If anyone wants to give me $150k for each of my Rs, you all know where to find me.
I cant argue that it is certainly part of it....but if enough sellers would rather keep their cars than sell them at a lower pricepoint, it will potenitally push it up.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I cant argue that it is certainly part of it....but if enough sellers would rather keep their cars than sell them at a lower pricepoint, it will potenitally push it up.
I agree with that statement.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Will Ford build another car in the future that people on this section of the forum think is better than the recent GT350/R? I believe that Ford will try.

So I think the transition to electric will depend on sales. If people love EVs and start buying lots of them, then ICE cars will go away. If sales of EVs stay mostly in the crapper, legislation will come in that will allow automakers to build things that people want to buy.

Frankly I dislike EVs. But if Ford builds an EV that I can recharge in 2 minutes (full recharge) and that is 3,000 lbs, makes more than 500 hp, has good 250+ mile range and handles great - I'd be interested.

Back to reality. That's not going to happen anytime soon. I really hope Ford builds a better GT350 and R during the next generation of Mustang. I would consider buying that. Otherwise my days of buying new vehicles might be over. I'll eventually own another GT350, I hope. I'm certainly not a buyer at the current prices.

Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Will Ford build another car in the future that people on this section of the forum think is better than the recent GT350/R? I believe that Ford will try.

So I think the transition to electric will depend on sales. If people love EVs and start buying lots of them, then ICE cars will go away. If sales of EVs stay mostly in the crapper, legislation will come in that will allow automakers to build things that people want to buy.

Frankly I dislike EVs. But if Ford builds an EV that I can recharge in 2 minutes (full recharge) and that is 3,000 lbs, makes more than 500 hp, has good 250+ mile range and handles great - I'd be interested.

Back to reality. That's not going to happen anytime soon. I really hope Ford builds a better GT350 and R during the next generation of Mustang. I would consider buying that. Otherwise my days of buying new vehicles might be over. I'll eventually own another GT350, I hope. I'm certainly not a buyer at the current prices.
There’s no way to get all the safety crap and batteries packaged in a 4-seat car based on an Explorer chassis under 4K pounds, unless Ford somehow is partnering with the UFOs circling our Navy warships.

Let’s face it...
Coyote + Electrification = weight
Total Electrification = weight
V6TT + Electrification = weight

There’s no way to avoid it... a Taycan Turbo S is 2370kg. A Tesla Model 3 is 4031 pounds. Anything will be heavier than a GT350, and thus will have increased consumables. The. You have to worry about trackability after that.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)

We all like big V8s. We all know they are going bye bye. The transition will be a hybrid platform with electric to satisfy government imposed regulations, but will also allow the use of the petrol fueled engine for performance.

The Europeans have been using this technique for years now. Its viable and a bridge until full electrification becomes feasible. Total electric systems, as they are right now, are not practical for all applications.

The big V8 may be on the way out, but if you incorporate a lighter S650 chassis and hybrid technology, it will most likely kick the crap out of what the GT350R can do and probably the GT500 as well.

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid

https://apple.news/AzqRaL-BZPFujjiWLEPKLxA

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Thanks for posting this link but for this author to mention the Thunderbird model and a C8 Corvette in the same sentence is a stretch at the very least. :facepalm:

The only time that a 2 seat Thunderbird and Corvette were even close to being competitors/rivals was with the launch of the 1st generation Thunderbird which debuted in 1955 and ended in 1957.

Never say never when it comes to the Blue Oval Brand but I suggest that the author of this article is looking for something that is not there.

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
Thanks for posting this link but for this author to mention the Thunderbird model and a C8 Corvette in the same sentence is a stretch at the very least. :facepalm:

The only time that a 2 seat Thunderbird and Corvette were even close to being competitors/rivals was with the launch of the 1st generation Thunderbird which debuted in 1955 and ended in 1957.

Never say never when it comes to the Blue Oval Brand but I suggest that the author of this article is looking for something that is not there.
It could happen especially with Farley at the helm, a real car guy, I could see them investigating the idea of bringing the Thunderbird back and making it the corvette competitor that the gen 1 was.

I’m curious Harry, what were your thoughts on the Hagerty piece? As a journalist there were some errors in it when laying out the general information about the cars—19R upgrades for instance, the article made the argument that 2020 R car got “the chassis upgrades” that the 19 base cars received which isn’t accurate as it had different upgrades that were R related and the 19R did receive a ABS calibration and new upgrades servos and electronics vs 15-18Rs—blame the fact that this is relatively unknown to Ford marketing bungled that one favoring your keep the focus on the revamped 2019 base upgrades; the article assumed the final number of the fleet which currently we still do not have the final numbers—we can approximate but we don’t know the final. I also found it interesting that they counted the production number as a combined total number of 350/350R production to say the fleet was larger than a previous generation GT500, which is odd because all GT500s were all the same car—GT350/GT350R vehicles are separated by enough variance that insurance agencies count them differently and even in Hagerty’s own data they showed that they did have two categories R & Non-R.

I did think it was good to see a snapshot of one agencies data of the vehicles which is valuable in where their internal data is showing a trends in collectability. It wasn’t a perfect article based on the facts of the vehicle, in my opinion, but that breakdown of data was extremely important to prove that a trend exists and it validate things like this thread, in that even agencies are seeing this car as an instant classic.
Sponsored