Sponsored

Prices are on the rise......

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Like many of our members I followed the launch of the second generation GT350/R's back in July 2015 and recall many fellow Mustang enthusiasts even back then suggesting that not only would the 2015 GT350/R 50th Anniversary cars would drop in value over the next couple of years but so would all subsequent model years and yet here we are some 6 calendar/model years later and we still continue to hear the same old story about declining values for our Shelby's.

I understand that supply and demand is always a important factor when it comes to establishing pricing but to suggest that is the only reason that the price of our GT350/R's continue on a different trajectory from other Pony Cars is difficult for me to understand.

If supply and demand was all there is to it why does the other Pony Car brands not follow the same pricing trends as our GT350/R's?

As you mentioned one of the main reasons that our GT350/R's continue to hold their values and in many cases continue to rise is because these FPC, NA and manual transmission Shelby's are no longer in production and suggest that it is finally sinking in with many enthusiasts as to just how outstanding these vehicles are therefore they are in big demand and even more so when it comes to the 2 seat R model.

One of the other reasons for the increased demand for our GT350/R's is the fact that Ford has not provided us Mustang enthusiasts with a comparable or better replacement for the 2021 model year therefore many enthusiasts are looking to purchase one of the 6 model year GT350/R's for their stable and in my opinion that certainly make great sense.

I suggest that we can expect to see the values of our GT350/R's to continue to do well for quite some time and especially those vehicles that have been maintained in outstanding condition, reasonable mileage, available with all provenance, ordered with cool color/stripe combinations and rare options.

Bottom line is that new and used pricing over the last 6 years for our GT350/R's pretty much speak for themselves therefore do not expect prices for them to fall anytime soon.

:clap:
To your point, even though itā€™s a different genre of collecting/appreciating, Kobe Bryant played ball, retired, then died.

Michael Jordan played ball, retired (twice), yet is still alive.

Unfortunately, we canā€™t get Kobe back, but thereā€™s a lesson in this... in the car world, the GT500 is like Michael Jordan... it occasionally goes in/out of production. The GT500ā€™s value is subject to these in/out of production events.

The GT350R is like Kobe. Itā€™s gone. Itā€™s even trivial to consider that Ford would even care to bring it back given the worldā€™s dynamics now, seeing how electrification is becoming more desirable to the masses and political agendas.

The 350R has no other way to go but up, and up by menā€™s of a Tesla rocket up... that is until we start getting fuel-shamed by leftists and Hollywood.

Iā€™ll just leave the following pic for emphasis.
E938CAAC-3C0D-4FF4-B29B-AD1B5E5107E9.jpeg
Sponsored

rush0024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R | 2023 Ram TRX
I see you have an R. Could that be part of your bias? I do too, and I am not as optimistic. I think that anyone who may sell anytime in the future should do so now while the market is hot.
No bias. Over a year ago I came to the realization that these cars were very special and that they were going to start appreciating in value in the near future. There are a lot of reasons. @PP0001 has highlighted some of them above. Things most owners already realize and don't have to be reminded. But for some reason you do, so take a look. After my realization I went all in, started working two jobs and saved to be able to buy one in the spring of 2021.

These cars are outpacing the used market trends by a large margin with recent models going for 20 - 30k OVER MSRP. A lot of used cars and trucks will cool off once you can buy new again. Once supply goes back up, demand for used cars goes down. GT350's are out of production with ZERO cars out there that are like it. Grouping these special cars into the regular used car market pool is just really dumb.

Since you clearly think that these cars have peaked in value all because of the covid used car market, and that you don't really seem to buy in as to why these cars are special, I don't understand why you haven't sold your car yet.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
No bias. Over a year ago I came to the realization that these cars were very special and that they were going to start appreciating in value in the near future. There are a lot of reasons. @PP0001 has highlighted some of them above. Things most owners already realize and don't have to be reminded. But for some reason you do, so take a look. After my realization I went all in, started working two jobs and saved to be able to buy one in the spring of 2021.

These cars are outpacing the used market trends by a large margin with recent models going for 20 - 30k OVER MSRP. A lot of used cars and trucks will cool off once you can buy new again. Once supply goes back up, demand for used cars goes down. GT350's are out of production with ZERO cars out there that are like it. Grouping these special cars into the regular used car market pool is just really dumb.

Since you clearly think that these cars have peaked in value all because of the covid used car market, and that you don't really seem to buy in as to why these cars are special, I don't understand why you haven't sold your car yet.
Cars, as in plueral. I too believe they are special. I do beoieve that their current value is over priced.

Hey, it doesn't matter, if you don't care about the market (like me), then it doesn't matter.

I know Harry. He's a good guy, a true R enthusiast. My only point was that anyone who isn't in it for the long haul really ought to consider the time sensitive advantage.

nmp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Raptor 2020 GT350R 2022 GT500
The advent of electric cars is coming faster then most people expected and the aspects of the GT350 are not long for extinction. V8, Naturally aspirated, FPC, Manual trans, the features that a car enthusiast loves. I think its unlikely Ford will ever do a FPC again and I won't be surprised if this is the last manual transmission Shelby ever.

People always want what they can't have and I think that paired with the endless praise from all the big names in the car community means the GT350's value will endure very well as time goes on despite the ups and downs of the car market.

Sponsored

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
Hey, it doesn't matter, if you don't care about the market (like me), then it doesn't matter.
I donā€™t always agree with @Tomster but this...times eleventy šŸ˜

I put it in the same basket as the yahooā€™s that use their house as an ATM machine...who cares if the value rises or drops tomorrow, if you are gonna keep it long term.

Last edited:

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I don't agree. The values will fall once the industry gets back on track. It is true that the Rs will have more desirability than the standard 350s, but the only reason we are seeing this surge in pricing is because the rest of the industry is doing the same.
Halfway agree. There should be some pullback across the board as things normalize. I just donā€™t think we know how much. IMO, there are other factors that are helping boost values and I think when the dust settles, there will still be some meat left on the bone :)

UnhandledException

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
You all are missing one key point. Business. And what are business for? Making money, full stop.

Same thing happened with Porsche in 2011 when they stopped producing ā€œthe last GT3 with stick shiftā€. And where are we now in year 2021? We have a yet another new model of GT3, second time now in a row, with a stick shift, with a 4.0 liter naturally aspirated engine. It still revs to 9.0k, it still has all the aspects of the previous car.

I cannot tell you for how long I have seen similar statements for that car. And porsche listened, and they adapted. You know why? Because they are in the business of making money. Ford will do the same.

Do you understand that used cars going 30-40k over MSRP has absolutely 0 contribution to Fordā€™s revenue? Do you think they care or be happy that their car appreciates in value? In fact, they feel even more compelled to make more of this car as quickly as possible because every day that there isnt a new GT350 that can provide them profit, there is a used one that is being sold that steals that profit.

They will absolutely come out with another one.

My honest concern is can they keep the dimensions/weight of the car where it is and not do what Corvette did with C8, gaining some insane amount of 400 lbs of weight.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
You all are missing one key point. Business. And what are business for? Making money, full stop.

Same thing happened with Porsche in 2011 when they stopped producing ā€œthe last GT3 with stick shiftā€. And where are we now in year 2021? We have a yet another new model of GT3, second time now in a row, with a stick shift, with a 4.0 liter naturally aspirated engine. It still revs to 9.0k, it still has all the aspects of the previous car.

I cannot tell you for how long I have seen similar statements for that car. And porsche listened, and they adapted. You know why? Because they are in the business of making money. Ford will do the same.

Do you understand that used cars going 30-40k over MSRP has absolutely 0 contribution to Fordā€™s revenue? Do you think they care or be happy that their car appreciates in value? In fact, they feel even more compelled to make more of this car as quickly as possible because every day that there isnt a new GT350 that can provide them profit, there is a used one that is being sold that steals that profit.

They will absolutely come out with another one.

My honest concern is can they keep the dimensions/weight of the car where it is and not do what Corvette did with C8, gaining some insane amount of 400 lbs of weight.
Just to be clear are you suggesting that The Ford Motor Company will launch a 3rd generation GT350/R and that it will come with a Naturally Aspirated/Flat Plane Crank Engine, Manual Transmission, Carbon Fiber Wheels/Wing, 2 and 4 Seat Configuration?

I certainly like your suggestion and optimism but there is not a hope that Ford will reintroduce a 3rd generation GT350/R that will replicate all of the cool aspects of our 2015 to 2020 cars.

Unfortunately it is time for all of us to face reality that HP vehicles coming equipped with a Internal Combustion Engine will soon be a dinosaur and that Electrified Vehicles will be the new norm much sooner than we think.:frown:

For those of you that presently own one of these outstanding and very cool 2nd generation GT350/R's and are thinking of selling your Pony Car, I suggest that you think long and hard about your decision before letting your car go.

In my humble opinion I suggest that the 2nd generation GT350/R's are a once in a lifetime opportunity for us automotive enthusiasts to own a vehicle that is very unique in nature and is total sum of engineering excellence that we will never see again but most importantly is a beautiful looking vehicle that performs even better than it looks.

:like::like:

svassh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R Performance Blue Metallic
Just to be clear are you suggesting that The Ford Motor Company will launch a 3rd generation GT350/R and that it will come with a Naturally Aspirated/Flat Plane Crank Engine, Manual Transmission, Carbon Fiber Wheels/Wing, 2 and 4 Seat Configuration?

I certainly like your suggestion and optimism but there is not a hope that Ford will reintroduce a 3rd generation GT350/R that will replicate all of the cool aspects of our 2015 to 2020 cars.

Unfortunately it is time for all of us to face reality that HP vehicles coming equipped with a Internal Combustion Engine will soon be a dinosaur and that Electrified Vehicles will be the new norm much sooner than we think.:frown:

For those of you that presently own one of these outstanding and very cool 2nd generation GT350/R's and are thinking of selling your Pony Car, I suggest that you think long and hard about your decision before letting your car go.

In my humble opinion I suggest that the 2nd generation GT350/R's are a once in a lifetime opportunity for us automotive enthusiasts to own a vehicle that is very unique in nature and is total sum of engineering excellence that we will never see again but most importantly is a beautiful looking vehicle that performs even better than it looks.

Unfortunately only until the Z06 with FPC comes out next year and spoils this party....

Sponsored

UnhandledException

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350

Of course they will. As Porsche has with 991.1 GT3, and then 991.2 GT3, and then RS for both, and now 992 GT3 (and RS next). Same with GT4 (both models). Same with Mclaren or BMW or Mercedes.

No one has killed off the combustion engine of their line up, they keep coming up with more and more iterations of the same engine(s) because it makes money. You are fooling yourself if you think they will continue making Mustangs but only have GT or Mach 1. Why would they?

Electric cars cant be sports cars. There is no way. There are certain limitations in electric cars (charge time) where it makes them impossible to utilize in a race track. How do you charge an electric car after it runs out juice, pull over and wait 1 hour?

STFUdonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 AG
Unfortunately only until the Z06 with FPC comes out next year and spoils this party....
Whatā€™s the price tag going to be on that thing that is now delayed until 2023? $120-$140k? One of those massive Corvette dealerships already has a waiting list of 500 plus deep. Anyone who is not already high on a wait List is probably looking at 2024 at the earliest to get behind the wheel of the new Z06. Iā€™m not too concerned about the Z wreaking havoc on R values anytime soon.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Understood but we are talking Mustang and the direction that the FMC is taking going forward.

Over the years like many of us I have had opportunities to purchase a newer generation Corvette but have absolutely no desire to own or drive a Corvette and especially a C8.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
So we cant have this conversation without admitting our biases, right? I HOPE the values go up, of course, I own one. I think these are 100-120k cars, all day long - at least that's the arena they play in. One could argue a GT4 has much better fit and finish...and it does sound good but not like this...

I think the only thing that can really hurt the values has nothing to do with the industry catching up - it's the next Mustang. And while that's not likely going to be a "Shelby" - I think they have plenty of time to design and put out an ultimate performance Mustang as a send off to the ICE Mustang...that's at least a few years away. If you think Ford is going to miss out on that opportunity, I think you're nuts. So @PP0001 - I agree they probably aren't doing to do another Shelby but I think they will do SOMETHING. and @UnhandledException I agree they will come out with something just as or more amazing.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Of course they will. As Porsche has with 991.1 GT3, and then 991.2 GT3, and then RS for both, and now 992 GT3 (and RS next). Same with GT4 (both models). Same with Mclaren or BMW or Mercedes.

No one has killed off the combustion engine of their line up, they keep coming up with more and more iterations of the same engine(s) because it makes money. You are fooling yourself if you think they will continue making Mustangs but only have GT or Mach 1. Why would they?

Electric cars cant be sports cars. There is no way. There are certain limitations in electric cars (charge time) where it makes them impossible to utilize in a race track. How do you charge an electric car after it runs out juice, pull over and wait 1 hour?
Not sure what various future models of Mustang has to do with ICE equipped vehicles versus Electrified Vehicles going forward?

As far as electric vehicles that can't be sports cars, I suggest that you start being open to that scenario as it is just a matter of time whether you or I like it or not.

Since we are not even close to being on the same page on a couple of scenarios I suggest that we agree to disagree with respect to what Ford's plans are for future Mustang models and what their plans are for powering Ford's Pony Car in the near future.

šŸ™
Sponsored