Sponsored

Prices are on the rise......

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
I'm struggling. It seems like I could make some money on my current R but....what the hell would I replace it with?
Thought about this myself. The only replacement that comes to my mind is the C8 Z06 at MSRP. I could cash out on the R and play the waiting saving game for 2023. LOL
Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Thought about this myself. The only replacement that comes to my mind is the C8 Z06 at MSRP. I could cash out on the R and play the waiting saving game for 2023. LOL
I've had grey hair since my 20s and I'm 47 now... I refuse to play into the stigma, so no Corvettes for me :)

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
I've had grey hair since my 20s and I'm 47 now... I refuse to play into the stigma, so no Corvettes for me :)
Do you have any Jean shorts and some long white socks?

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Do you have any Jean shorts and some long white socks?
I do - but they were once normal jeans until I cut the legs off. They are....short.

brokenblinker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2012 Leaf daily
Finally got a test drive this coming Saturday (not via dealer who denied me, but through a Turo reservation I have the whole day).

I'm scared I'll fall in love, but I feel like I need to wait a bit until this recent price hike falls back down. Ahh, so frustrating.
pricingOverTime.png

Sponsored

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
I'm struggling. It seems like I could make some money on my current R but....what the hell would I replace it with?
I’ve been where you are. If I lost my R, I wouldn’t really know where to go next. Thought about 500 Carbon, but although it’s a great car, it doesn’t give me the feeling of a GT350R with its unique sound and GT3 feel. It’s not an easy question to answer.

Last edited:

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
Finally got a test drive this coming Saturday (not via dealer who denied me, but through a Turo reservation I have the whole day).

I'm scared I'll fall in love, but I feel like I need to wait a bit until this recent price hike falls back down. Ahh, so frustrating.
pricingOverTime.png
don’t wait too long, for these cars it may not be a normal car rise in prices. Especially since the car is discontinued.

Last edited:

RichGT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP
I’m feeling your pain.. I couldn’t do it, I really was lucky in finding my HEP “R”, I was offered 20k over what I paid for it a Charity Car Show on Memorial Day.. I can’t and won’t let it go. The decision is yours be it a hard one! Best of Luck and Best Regards..

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Some people are so enamoured with the thought of making money off a used car that it's mind boggling. Sell your car for $20k more than you paid? Good job. But guess what? You don't have your car anymore.

There are other places you can make $20k much faster and you still get to keep your car. ;)

1623371899209.png

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350

pricingOverTime.png
Here's something to consider while deciding. Based on your chart, are you looking at a 2016/2017? Either way, the longer you wait, the more mileage the cars will have on them. Which could also mean more abuse by someone who didn't care how they beat the car.
Now, if you find a more recent model year, something still under original warranty, even if it means paying more than you want right now, you'll be able to purchase an extended warranty up to 8 years. That could more than make up for the added cost, should something go wrong with an older car no longer under any warranty.
Of course, if you can find a 2016/2017 which had an extended warranty purchased for it, that may be the ticket too.

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Some people are so enamoured with the thought of making money off a used car that it's mind boggling. Sell your car for $20k more than you paid? Good job. But guess what? You don't have your car anymore.

There are other places you can make $20k much faster and you still get to keep your car. ;)

1623371899209.png
Again, so what? It's a hobby - buying and selling is part of it. Usually losing our asses on most cars has always been the price of admission. The possibility that we are in a time where we might NOT lose and even could gain does indeed have me slightly enamored. I'm even more enamored with how you spell enamored while trying to give life advice ;)

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302

1623371899209.png
Or lose it just as fast...

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Just so I understand correctly are you suggesting that if someone sells their GT350/R for $20,000 more than they paid for it are you suggesting that they would have no way of getting around after that point?

Based on the group of car buddies/enthusiasts that I hang with I can tell you that our GT350/R's are certainly not relied on for daily transportation but are considered adult toys that provide us with a great deal of fun and entertainment away from our everyday work lives.

At the end of the day I would suggest that our GT350/R's (or any other HP vehicle for that matter) are just a high priced toy that helps support our automotive hobby therefore to suggest that us enthusiasts should not take the opportunity to make some money on a present HP vehicle if one chooses to do so is hard for me to comprehend.

Not everyone has a 7 figure investment portfolio that can make a quick $20,000 within a very short period of time.

:sunglasses:

Last edited:

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
I have not really looked at the prices because I have not been interested in selling. My local Ford has been after Sashsa, I guess because the know how I upkeep my vehicles and every car/truck I have sold to them sold within weeks.

When I take my GT350 out it still makes me smile. The GT500 is nice for sure, but after I drove one, and went over it, (GT500 track event) I said man, I really like my GT350. I like rowing gears. So I'll hold on to my 17. I need to drive it more for sure. I finally broke 8k.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Cannot believe how many GT350's and Bullitts are now for sale.
Sponsored