Prices are on the rise......

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
It’s very unclear if you 1-get what I’m saying and 2-what or if you’re agreeing to something lol.
Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
It’s very unclear if you 1-get what I’m saying and 2-what or if you’re agreeing to something lol.
Look, man, it’s this simple... you’re ok with letting your 2020 IS GT350R, sans stripes and black roof, go for what you have in it, and that’s just fine.

From what I’ve read here, not many of us R owners are in the same seat as you and value our cars above that. Even the market appears to agree with us, but you do for you what works, which doesn’t really affect the market.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
You're so funny. Where is your "market" information coming from? Hopefully not from "us" R owners and a couple BaT or BJ auctions. Perhaps you should poll where normal people buy R models...Autotrader, eBay, Facebook Marketplace (sadly). I'm hopeful for some appreciation or even a very slow depreciation, as well but I could easily parrot your dumb and dumber clip back to you for your overly optimistic (for now) opinions on this. Sure, there might be some that sell for more than expected and YOU might value yours highly enough to not sell at current market prices but that doesn't automatically raise every other car up...when there are plenty of others selling for less than your value your own.

We're all in different places for sure. I value the 20R as likely the best drivers car I'll own but I ALSO like to experience different things....that said, this is the second R I've purchased, so I think that says something....perhaps FOMO also played a small roll. Either way, I will enjoy it while I have it and given a fair deal, I'd try to leave emotion out of the equation and move on to something different - it's a good life!

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I should add for clarification, before you get all pissy.

I'm hoping for the same thing and I do agree it's impossible to find a car that delivers to the senses like this one does, for this kind of money. There's nothing I'd like more than to finally not lose my ass on a car purchase in my lifetime, lol. The only thing I'm saying is that the jury is currently out in the subject - people seem to twist the data into what they want it to be... I just don't think we can say with the information currently available. We can say the ingredients are there but...the cookies are still in the oven - I crack myself up. ;)

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ahhhh, you suspect I’d get pissy because?.... c’mon man, this is a simple discussion. You have your points... I have mine. I don’t care what you do with your car, but the value of my car is $Not4Sale.

For this value of currency (not money, as money is metal, not paper), and the fact that Ford will not likely produce the FPC crank in a manual package any longer, is worth the FOMO for me and enough, given the current climate wishing to extinguish IBC autos, to cling to my R for a very, very long time.

Again, your points are relevant to you and possibly some others, but they don’t appear to be the majority, and there’s no problem with that as long as you are happy with whatever deal you do.

Sponsored

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Where? I’m game! Oh you mean highly marketed cars at busy auctions? Never mind.
Best indicator for the Base 350 is places like Cars.com. And they show an increase. The R models are two far in between to use Cars.com as a reliable source. KBB Is almost worthless. Im an enthusiast to but if I were ever to decide to sell I want a fair value. If values are up, I want up, values are down, suck it up. Being an enthusiast means nothing when selling

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Best indicator for the Base 350 is places like Cars.com. And they show an increase. The R models are two far in between to use Cars.com as a reliable source. KBB Is almost worthless. Im an enthusiast to but if I were ever to decide to sell I want a fair value. If values are up, I want up, values are down, suck it up. Being an enthusiast means nothing when selling
I agree on most points but one... enthusiasm influences emotions when selling, or buying.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
I agree on most points but one... enthusiasm influences emotions when selling, or buying.
Agreed. My point was that my status as an entusiast does not affect value eith up or down. I still want the maximum dollar when selling. Buying, want best value for my dollar

STFUdonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 AG
This whole mania on R’s has me curious about listing my car to see if prices truly are on the rise. I’ve had mine now for 4 months and I really love the car, but I’m also the kind of enthusiast that likes to try out all sorts of different high performance cars. With that said, I bought my 2018 R for $64k back in January, 3500 miles, CPO with a massive warranty, rear seat, PPF and ceramic. If offered in the ball park of $72k in the next few months, I personally would have a hard time saying no. That doesn’t mean I wouldn’t miss the car more than any other I’ve owned in the past. But the notion of making money on a car that I have driven hard for half a year sounds good to me.

Last edited:

72&18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
72 Mach 1, 72 F250 2wd, 18 GT350, 22 Bronco 2 Door
This whole mania on R’s has me curious about listing my car to see if prices truly are on the rise. I’ve had mine now for 4 months and I really love the car, but I’m also the kind of enthusiast that likes to try out all sorts of different high performance cars. With that said, I bought my 2018 R for $64k back in January, 3500 miles, CPO with a massive warranty, rear seat, PPF and ceramic. If offered in the ball park of $72k in the next few months, I personally would have a hard time saying no. That doesn’t mean I wouldn’t miss the car more than any other I’ve owned in the past. But the notion of making money on a car that I have driven hard for half a year sounds good to me.
Most of us would take a 19% return for a six month investment. Plus the 'fun factor' you have had during that six months can't really be quantified.

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Tim, very well said with respect to fair market values at the time of consignment.

Having said that, anyone that suggests that "Present" fair market values are not up for the GT350 and especially the GT350R models either have no idea of the present GT350/R market place or they are just in denial for whatever reason.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Tim, very well said with respect to fair market values at the time of consignment.

Having said that, anyone that suggests that "Present" fair market values are not up for the GT350 and especially the GT350R models either have no idea of the present GT350/R market place or they are just in denial for whatever reason.
Yes they are - but so are almost all used cars. Hoping the trend outlasts the general craziness out there.

Same here. I don't really want to sell but with a long history of me losing money on cars, I just wouldn't know how to act if I could actually post a gain lol. I was mainly saying above that "this" situation where some people love their cars but would still sell for a profit actually slows any potential appreciation and the Mustang market....well... they gonna sell. ;)

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
No doubt that most used cars have had an increase in value in recent months but not even close in percentage wise to the extent of the GT350/R's that we have seen over the last while.

How many car makes and models can boast selling prices that in many cases far exceed their original MSRP listing prices?

I suggest that once the present high demand for used cars slows down and becomes somewhat normal as in past years I really believe that the continued and increased demand for the 2nd generation FPC Shelby GT350/R cars will continue to stay high and beyond the norm for quite some time.

Lumping all used cars into the same category as the Shelby GT350/R's does not make any sense based on the long term desirability for these very cool and rare cars.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
No doubt that most used cars have had an increase in value in recent months but not even close in percentage wise to the extent of the GT350/R's that we have seen over the last while.

How many car makes and models can boast selling prices that in many cases far exceed their original MSRP listing prices?

I suggest that once the present high demand for used cars slows down and becomes somewhat normal as in past years I really believe that the continued and increased demand for the 2nd generation FPC Shelby GT350/R cars will continue to stay high and beyond the norm for quite some time.

Lumping all used cars into the same category as the Shelby GT350/R's does not make any sense based on the long term desirability for these very cool and rare cars.
The last of the V8 interceptors....

rush0024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R | 2023 Ram TRX