Sponsored

Prices are on the rise......

rush0024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R | 2023 Ram TRX
Not judging people, just expressing my opinion. After all, to each they own. But, some purchased this car to keep and not use as intended. In my group of 50 GT350 owners only 5 tracking and driving as intended. IMO, paying price of the car, insurance, maintenance and in some cases extended warranties and wait 30-40 years for value to incline is defeat the purpose of having the car. Not to mentioned many GT350 owners are close or at the retirement age. Recently I find out that one owner of GT350 HE keep window sticker and all the plastics attached after a year of purchasing the car :facepalm: . So, who they saving this car for, they children? That being said, I like to stare at my car in the garage after I detailed her too. But I like to drive/track this car the most, which is wat this car design and build for. Not doing so is like robin your self of enjoinment.
Hows the view from up there?
Sponsored

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
"Use as intended". I don't what this little phrase is supposed to mean really. I own many items that are used as intended imo. As in how I...as the owner of these items...intend to use them. Am I misusing my AR rifle when I only punch paper with it at the range or hunt just coyotes and hogs in TX? I probably shouldn't have bought that high end optic for it because I'm not really squeezing every yard I could out of it either I suppose. I got an AK that can be dragged thru the mud and still function flawlessly but I'm not going to use it like that. Am I misusing my Diesel 4x4 truck if I only used 4x4 twice since owning it? It can pull 30k but I only pull 15k with it. Am I misusing it? Does anybody with a Raptor actually baja with it 6 ft in the air?

If I only drive my R spirited on the weekends...because that's how I want to use it...who is to tell me that I'm robbing myself of enjoyment because I don't want to tear it up balls to the wall on a track? One's enjoyment of their property is subjective.
Amen. I hear that junk all the time. Until they start paying my car note, they can go pound sand.

THX 138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack, 2002 Porsche Boxster S 3.8L
Recently I find out that one owner of GT350 HE keep window sticker and all the plastics attached after a year of purchasing the car :facepalm: . So, who they saving this car for, they children?
...and if they are, why is that a bad thing? God knows my teenage son, who did his first track day with me on Father's Day last year, will never be able to buy a car like this new, because no one will ever build a car like this again.

If I had the space, I'd love to buy a new GT350 and just put it in storage for him, to give it to him as a gift on some special occasion in the future, such as his college graduation or when he buys his first house and has some place to put it.

STFUdonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 AG
Who cares what others do with their cars? Same as others money. Don’t care what you do with yours and you don’t care what I do with mine.

I absolutely love tracking the R. It’s incredible to see what it can do and how it has so much character when driven hard. That makes me happy and I cherish what the R means to me. If other owners don’t find enjoyment in doing such things with their car, so be it as long as they are happy with what they are doing with it. And if they aren’t happy, please sell so others can get their shot at owning an incredible car!

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
WOW. I think I touched some peoples sensitive gland. Do whatever you want with your things, I just share my opinion.

Sponsored

Carbide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red w/white stripes Shelby GT350
I will likely run my GT350 on track one of these days. If I don't I don't.
I do a ton of motorcycle track days. That scratches that itch pretty well.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Not judging people, just expressing my opinion. After all, to each they own. But, some purchased this car to keep and not use as intended. In my group of 50 GT350 owners only 5 tracking and driving as intended. IMO, paying price of the car, insurance, maintenance and in some cases extended warranties and wait 30-40 years for value to incline is defeat the purpose of having the car. Not to mentioned many GT350 owners are close or at the retirement age. Recently I find out that one owner of GT350 HE keep window sticker and all the plastics attached after a year of purchasing the car :facepalm: . So, who they saving this car for, they children? That being said, I like to stare at my car in the garage after I detailed her too. But I like to drive/track this car the most, which is wat this car design and build for. Not doing so is like robin your self of enjoinment.
So I am one of those many GT350/R owners that is nearing retirement as I am retiring at the end of this month.

In your opinion are you suggesting that at age 70 that I am obligated to track one or all of my GT350/R's based solely on what you think is right for me and/or my family?

Not sure what age category that you are in but I suggest that I was tracking and racing the Blue Oval brand before you were even born?

My first encounter at a race track was back in 1969 with my '67 A code Mercury Cougar and kept on both drag racing and autocrossing the Blue Oval brand for the next 25 years but had to quit racing due in the mid '90s to an inner ear issue that severely affected me after just a few hot laps on the course.

Even though I could not race any longer I still maintained a huge obsession when it comes to all things Mustang which obviously includes these 2nd generation GT350/R's and continue to enjoy them as much as my personal time presently allows.

As far as "your group of 50 GT350 owners" with 45 of those 50 owners not tracking their cars like they should in your opinion, have you expressed your same opinion to them about how they are going about it all wrong and would like to know their responses to your opinions?

Bottom line is I appreciate and commend you for taking your GT350 to the track and enjoying it immensely but also suggest that you appreciate and understand why the majority of the 2nd generation ~25,000 GT350/R's owners may enjoy their cars in a totally different environment.

:sunglasses:

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
So I am one of those many GT350/R owners that is nearing retirement as I am retiring at the end of this month.

In your opinion are you suggesting that at age 70 that I am obligated to track one or all of my GT350/R's based solely on what you think is right for me and/or my family?

Not sure what age category that you are in but I suggest that I was tracking and racing the Blue Oval brand before you were even born?

My first encounter at a race track was back in 1969 with my '67 A code Mercury Cougar and kept on both drag racing and autocrossing the Blue Oval brand for the next 25 years but had to quit racing due in the mid '90s to an inner ear issue that severely affected me after just a few hot laps on the course.

Even though I could not race any longer I still maintained a huge obsession when it comes to all things Mustang which obviously includes these 2nd generation GT350/R's and continue to enjoy them as much as my personal time presently allows.

As far as "your group of 50 GT350 owners" with 45 of those 50 owners not tracking their cars like they should in your opinion, have you expressed your same opinion to them about how they are going about it all wrong and would like to know their responses to your opinions?

Bottom line is I appreciate and commend you for taking your GT350 to the track and enjoying it immensely but also suggest that you appreciate and understand why the majority of the 2nd generation ~25,000 GT350/R's owners may enjoy their cars in a totally different environment.

:sunglasses:
I'm not suggesting or telling peoples what to do. I'm expressing my own opinion, not sure why is it hard to comprehend. Congratulation on your near retirement, I'm sure it's well deserved. BTW, I'm 61 and not that far from my retirement as well. Enjoy your cars the way you like it.

Carbide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red w/white stripes Shelby GT350
Isn't there a track specific thread somewhere? 🥱

Meateater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I've noticed lately that the prices of R's have gone up a ton and GT350 prices are rising too. Might want to get one soon before they become crazy priced!

Mine will likely be a high mileage, much track time car when my son inherits it! Good luck on your next project,

Sponsored

tobaccokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
When the government prints currency by the container ship full it is to be expected.
Not so much in this case. Might be the case with Craig Jackson’s 1965 GT350 very late number car.

Other than our cars the only other car that will ever have a flat plane crank, with its fantastic sound, will be the future C8 Corvette Z06. Plus, the steam is picking up rapidly for the end of combustion engines. Therefore it doesn’t pay for an auto manufacturer to continue future engine R & D. Norway has banned new combustion engines cars in 4 years, and the UK have moved up their date banning them to 2030, and on and on.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Not so much in this case. Might be the case with Craig Jackson’s 1965 GT350 very late number car.

Other than our cars the only other car that will ever have a flat plane crank, with its fantastic sound, will be the future C8 Corvette Z06.
From preliminary soundtracks of the C8 Z06, it appears to sound more European than the Voodoo... but, I am anxiously awaiting it.

mjhpadi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT-350 Heritage Edition
Have to agree with most of the opinions expressed here. My car isn't an R, I really wanted the lounge chair seats.
But after waiting 41 years to own another Shelby, I plan on treating it with TLC FOREVER! Or until I become senile....
But love to see everyone do whatever makes them smile with their cars.

tobaccokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
From preliminary soundtracks of the C8 Z06, it appears to sound more European than the Voodoo... but, I am anxiously awaiting it.
Maybe, don’t forget the C8 will have a much shorter exhaust system due to it being mid-engine. That would be key factor in the sound.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Maybe, don’t forget the C8 will have a much shorter exhaust system due to it being mid-engine. That would be key factor in the sound.
Well, it’s not just the exhaust. I’m sure Chevy will likely use a dual-intake system and a likely different firing order. I’m almost positive that it will have a true header as well. The Z06 is considerably louder than the current C8. What will be interesting to see is how they handle the balance and flywheel issues the Voodoo had to deal with.
Sponsored