Prices are on the rise......

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
but to quote a slightly infamous talk show host “do you care” (Tom Leykis if you wanna google him)

…and none of the rest of this is strictly aimed at you, but

I have never in my 50 years, met a car group that is so worried about the resale value of something on 4 wheels!

if you like it, buy it and drive it…it’s always gonna be worth something when youre done with it 😎
You've never known anyone with a Porsche, I guess.
Sponsored

ecoboost321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R ; 2018 Tesla Model 3
Ford Performance Blue is a very desirable color. Only 21 built in 2019 with no stripe.

98k final.
I agree. I remember when the GT350R debut in 2015 at the Detroit auto show in that color, and then was not put into production until years later 😞

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I picked up an extra set of CF wheels and if they weren't perfect paint already, I'd be tempted to paint them like that car. I think the darker grey on iconic silver would be cool....hmm, I have an extra R wing too........

Rev Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R, 2023 BMW X3
I agree. I remember when the GT350R debut in 2015 at the Detroit auto show in that color, and then was not put into production until years later 😞

That color is actually Liquid Blue, which they have never offered on a production car.

As reported by Road & Track, Ford is using Liquid Blue to designate vehicles from the recently-established global “Ford Performance” division. But the color is a complicated, multi-layer paint that is not viable for production. To note, certain show-car colors have trickled down to production in the past but as of this writing, Ford has no intention of making Liquid Blue a production color.

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
touché sir…touché 😂
I think it also has to do with the price point. When you start talking $80k for any car, people buying them usually have some money and frequently, they are also interested in selling and trying different cars in the future. Well people with any kind of money are usually pretty good at keeping it - and the resale value talk is likely related to that. Personally, I can buy an $80k car but I'm not positioned to practically buy 2 of them and store them - I have other things to do...but I do want to stay flexible and most unique sports cars at this level do carry a higher residual value, so that's something to stay up to speed on. Not that everyone cares - maybe someone is certain this is the last sports car they will ever want and that person will care nothing about resale...also someone with a huge fleet of sports cars - it just doesn't matter as much.

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
Prices on drivers, no matter the miles, seem to have leveled off from what I'm seeing online
My Mach should be delivered in December, I'm holding out hope that prices on a <15k mile 2019 can get down to $55k before then, in which case I'd jump on the later.

-RAC-

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
I have never in my 50 years, met a car group that is so worried about the resale value of something on 4 wheels!

if you like it, buy it and drive it…it’s always gonna be worth something when youre done with it 😎

Have you ever been around Ferrari owners? I was once at a club event and knew several owners who did not drive their Ferrari's to the event because it was a 100 mile around trip for them. All I could think was, how could you not drive it?

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I agree but I think I can explain it. Mustangs are usually made in such high numbers that they are worthless in a decade or 15 years. A ‘99 Mustang GT for instance, they were so numerous that you can’t give one away. So with these new cars people are worried that the same trend will follow; however, these are very different cars—very different Mustangs. These are world renown vehicles that have been lauded in the media and car world for the past 5 years, something that we have not seen since the original Competition models debuted in 1965. So it’s not going to follow the same trend. Still, buy it and enjoy it. The rest is out of your control.
You can't give one away / worthless - meaning about $7,000 asking for the couple on Craigslist near me. Mustangs are generally worth more than other used cars.

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
You can't give one away / worthless - meaning about $7,000 asking for the couple on Craigslist near me. Mustangs are generally worth more than other used cars.
I have one. You’re welcome to it if you want.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I have one. You’re welcome to it if you want.
Ha ha. Yeah right.

If in fact you really want to give me a fully functional 1999 Mustang GT, I'll fly out and pick it up. And if the only problems are smog related, I'll still take it. We don't have those tests here.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
Ha ha. Yeah right.

If in fact you really want to give me a fully functional 1999 Mustang GT, I'll fly out and pick it up. And if the only problems are smog related, I'll still take it. We don't have those tests here.
I really should’ve said “damn their prices are up too”

missed opportunity 😂