Sponsored

Prices are on the rise......

rush0024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R | 2023 Ram TRX
Still feel that the hammer price at Mecum in Tulsa tomorrow for the 2016 Base R model with just 92 miles on it will be ~$75,000 which will end up with a final OTD price of $82,500?

It will be interesting to see if this R model sells tomorrow or if the consignor ends taking it back home because the reserve was not met but whatever the case I plan to be on the auction block to witness all of the action.

:sunglasses:
I mean I hope it sells for 95k or higher lol but I think 82.5k is a little more realistic. Not many base cars come up for sale so I'm looking forward to seeing it cross.
Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I mean I hope it sells for 95k or higher lol but I think 82.5k is a little more realistic. Not many base cars come up for sale so I'm looking forward to seeing it cross.
Agreed and appreciate your comments and feedback.

I will closely watch the staging lanes for any possible interest on this car but suggest that if it sells it may not come from a bidder in the room but may come from either a telephone bidder or internet bidder.

Good luck to the consignor as it should hit the auction block about 1:00 PM today!

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
Still feel that the hammer price at Mecum in Tulsa tomorrow for the 2016 Base R model with just 92 miles on it will be ~$75,000 which will end up with a final OTD price of $82,500?

It will be interesting to see if this R model sells tomorrow or if the consignor ends taking it back home because the reserve was not met but whatever the case I plan to be on the auction block to witness all of the action.

Only 10K off. Went for 85K.

Stevdug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350, 2015 Z06, 1986 SVO, 1990 ZR-1
Vehicle Showcase
I believe it hammered at 88k

Sponsored

rush0024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R | 2023 Ram TRX
Good showing today boys. I was off by 11k but in this instance I'm happy I was wrong.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Yes! To the moooooon!!

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Again, so what? It's a hobby - buying and selling is part of it. Usually losing our asses on most cars has always been the price of admission. The possibility that we are in a time where we might NOT lose and even could gain does indeed have me slightly enamored. I'm even more enamored with how you spell enamored while trying to give life advice ;)
Are you really?

verb
past tense: enamoured; past participle: enamoured

enamoured
US enamored

/ (ɪnˈæməd) /

See synonyms for enamoured on Thesaurus.com
adjective
in love; captivated; charmed

Sponsored

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Just so I understand correctly are you suggesting that if someone sells their GT350/R for $20,000 more than they paid for it are you suggesting that they would have no way of getting around after that point?

Based on the group of car buddies/enthusiasts that I hang with I can tell you that our GT350/R's are certainly not relied on for daily transportation but are considered adult toys that provide us with a great deal of fun and entertainment away from our everyday work lives.

At the end of the day I would suggest that our GT350/R's (or any other HP vehicle for that matter) are just a high priced toy that helps support our automotive hobby therefore to suggest that us enthusiasts should not take the opportunity to make some money on a present HP vehicle if one chooses to do so is hard for me to comprehend.

Not everyone has a 7 figure investment portfolio that can make a quick $20,000 within a very short period of time.

If you have a high priced "toy", shouldn't you have a high priced investment portfolio? Or is investing in depreciating assets a life hack i'm not aware of?

And if you could read, you'd notice i said "sell your car and you won't have YOUR car". I didn't say you wouldn't have A car.

Go ahead. Sell your car. Apparently $20k is life changing.

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Or lose it just as fast...
Just as fast with a used car as well. This market isn't about our gt350's. My father in law just traded in his 6 cyl F150 and the dealer gave him more than he paid for it when he bought it 2 years ago. There is a chip shortage and inventory is drying up.

In the stock market, there's always a buyer and trading is my hobby. I like my car so i wouldn't sell it to make extra money. I have no attachment to stock shares, so i trade them on the daily.

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Oh my... c’mon guys. Sheesh. With all the crap happening in America, why does it have to continue here?
It's crap when someone replies to you, but not when you reply to others? lol c'mon, you sound like a liberal.

72&18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
72 Mach 1, 72 F250 2wd, 18 GT350, 22 Bronco 2 Door
Just as fast with a used car as well. This market isn't about our gt350's. My father in law just traded in his 6 cyl F150 and the dealer gave him more than he paid for it when he bought it 2 years ago. There is a chip shortage and inventory is drying up.

In the stock market, there's always a buyer and trading is my hobby. I like my car so i wouldn't sell it to make extra money. I have no attachment to stock shares, so i trade them on the daily.
What is driving the truck demand so much??? I am not a truck guy, so have no clue for that market.
Sponsored