Prices are on the rise......

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I'm inclined to go with 75K as this will go to a collector who probably won't plan to drive it either. It will be kept as a time capsule ala "Red Barchetta".
R's have been going for slightly over MSRP on BaT. Considering this one is a rare spec with the black roof and is brand new, I think it may actually go into the high 70's or even 80.

This is the closest comp we have https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0121-455512/2016-ford-shelby-gt350r/

It sold for $73,700 in January and it did not have the black roof.
Maybe...but I'm not sure we are there yet. The white car was a 19 and with only 2k miles, went for $72500, below MSRP(I take that back, pretty close to MSRP, ignoring fees..because that's just emotion money for BaT, IMO). This is a few years older, edge of warranty but with no real miles....but not exactly "never titled delivery miles"...so unless that collector/buyer you guys are talking about is found, I say it still takes a depreciation hit. Like everything...if the right buyer is involved (or pair of buyers), you never know....but these cars aren't exactly unobtainium, either and people with money to spend didn't usually come by that money by not knowing what things are worth, so we will see! I stay with my guess ;)
Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2015-ford-shelby-gt350-4/

Will have to keep an eye on this one as well. 2015 GT350 #76 of 100.
Very interesting and sometimes a small world out there with respect to these 2015 cars.

I was fortunate to be allocated the very next car namely "F0077" and owned that car for ~5 years and kept it on the MSO all that time.

As a side note any of the 2015 owners who were allocated one of the 137 cars had to sign a release from Mark Fields confirming that they would not sell their car for the first 36 months of ownership.

Because I had numerous other cars to drive #77 was kept in the wrapper and sold at it Mecum Indy last July but then decided to purchase another 2015 GT350 as one of my daily drivers namely #80 car as I always loved the very unique color combination and what my grandchildren call "Spiderman".

A while back I put a brand new set of Cup 2's on #80 along with a new front chin spoiler as this car was originally sent to the Fomoco Test/Evaluation Center in Allen Park back in early August 2015 and then released on September 10th, 2015 to a Ford Exec who then put on ~12,500 miles on this car over the next year.

I absolutely love driving this car and it is in outstanding condition aside from needing a new set of tires and a new front chin spoiler due to some driving issues in Dearborn.

Also interesting that a very close friend of mine owns car #79 which is a TY and Black roof GT350 and looks absolutely terrific in that color combination.

It will be interesting to see where #76 ends up and thanks for posting!

:sunglasses:

3049503F-84DD-4620-B4A0-85A4B42E76D4.jpeg

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
The grey looks incredibly mean in that picture. no wonder we all love these cars. Driving experience and sexy to boot. At risk of being a broken record... the drive, the look, the sound...only a few cars that tick all these boxes.
I think we could start an entire thread regarding the looks of this car. I almost pulled the trigger on Lead Foot Gray, but my wife was apposed and I conceded on that point. I just took mine into my detailer to have some touch up work on the ceramic coating. I have been looking at it today under garage led lighting, followed by overcast skies outside this morning and then again in the detailers bay. I can't get over how incredible this car looks. The Ford Performance Blue paint is stunning with the black accents. Oh yeah,.....and then there's the driving experience and sound.....
Great to see someone driving a 2015 and enjoying it as well..
:sunglasses::like:

Last edited:

Sponsored

rush0024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R | 2023 Ram TRX
Maybe...but I'm not sure we are there yet. The white car was a 19 and with only 2k miles, went for $72500, below MSRP(I take that back, pretty close to MSRP, ignoring fees..because that's just emotion money for BaT, IMO). This is a few years older, edge of warranty but with no real miles....but not exactly "never titled delivery miles"...so unless that collector/buyer you guys are talking about is found, I say it still takes a depreciation hit. Like everything...if the right buyer is involved (or pair of buyers), you never know....but these cars aren't exactly unobtainium, either and people with money to spend didn't usually come by that money by not knowing what things are worth, so we will see! I stay with my guess ;)
It's already at 67k with 5 days left. Might want to re-evaluate your 60k prediction lol.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2016-ford-shelby-gt350r-4/

Last edited:

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
It's already at 67k with 5 days left. Might want to re-evaluate your 60k prediction lol.

Obviously we don't know where the sellers reserve is set and whether the consignor will lower it or lifttheir reserve but some potential new owner has already committed to paying over $70,000 for this outstanding looking R model with just 23 miles on it.

I would suggest that this 2016 R will sell with the price somewhere in the mid to high 70's but have been wrong many times before.

Good luck to both the seller and the subsequent purchaser!! :fingerscrossed:

Scoobs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MG GT350 sold, 2019 MG GT350R KR569
Bill, thanks for keeping us all in the loop with respect to what is happening to GT350/R pricing up in the Great White North.

When converting over the price for the 2018 R model in LFG shown above based on today's exchange rate the price for this car comes in at ~$103,500 USF.

Is that a realistic price based on the present market place up in the GTA or are these guys out to lunch and just doing some fishing and looking for an easy catch?

I like the color a great deal but with this 2018 R already having ~2000 miles on it the price of $103,500 seems to be on the high side to me.

Hope that you already have your R model out and still enjoying it a great deal!!:fingerscrossed:
Harry, I think they are fishing for an easy catch.
I put the liability insurance back on the R just before Easter weekend and have had it out several times. It never gets old :like:

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Harry, I think they are fishing for an easy catch.
I put the liability insurance back on the R just before Easter weekend and have had it out several times. It never gets old :like:
Oustanding Bill as far as getting your R out already!:clap:

With the way that prices are heading up in the GTA and for the rest of Canada for that matter I believe that you did very well on the purchase of your beautiful 2019 R and suggest that it has not gone down in value much at all if any?

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe

PS - its a tough call either way...BaT can be easily manipulated and one tactic would be to set a reserve and have a friend bid it under the reserve just to set a high watermark. Not saying that is this, but...if it ends up not going much higher and never hits reserve, I'll be suspicious.

oldbmwfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
PS - its a tough call either way...BaT can be easily manipulated and one tactic would be to set a reserve and have a friend bid it under the reserve just to set a high watermark. Not saying that is this, but...if it ends up not going much higher and never hits reserve, I'll be suspicious.
BaT decides the reserve for each car, though. I mean, as a seller you can tell them what you want the reserve to be, but if they think it's too high they won't take the listing. They don't want sellers using the site as a "feeler." (I have sold a car on BaT)

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
He did find that nutty collector that I wish I could afford to be. The high bidder has also won a sub 200 mile viper and subb300 mile 93 Cobra. Iā€™ll be surprised if anyone tips his bid.

If Iā€™m going to be wrong, Iā€™m going to ride it till the end lol.
Sponsored