Prices are on the rise......

65straight6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
09 Ram 6.7l 3500 4x4, 55 Studebaker P/U, ‘19 GT350
For all you doomsayers of the ICE; just look forward to the day when you’ll be able to blast the greatest band ever, playing the best song ever while driving past all those EV’s and flying cars.🧐

According to the All Truthful wikipedia: Peart's lyrics for "Red Barchetta" were inspired by the short story "A Nice Morning Drive" by Richard S. Foster, originally written in the November 1973 edition of the American car magazine Road & Track.[6] Lee described the tale as "Orwellian in nature" which deals with an individual taking their Barchetta on a fast ride despite the banning of high speeds and is chased after by hovering patrol cars for breaking the law.[3] Instead of an MGB roadster as featured in the original story, Peart reported the Ferrari 166 MM Barchetta was the car that inspired the song's title.
Sponsored

rush0024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R | 2023 Ram TRX

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp

Sponsored

tobaccokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
For me personally this is irrelevant. Taxes, fees, prices etc. change constantly and I have no control over it. My income taxes went up tens of thousands of dollars when the SALT deduction was capped. My property tax goes up every year. I have no control over this and I just pay what they tell me to pay and don't think about it. Makes little difference in the end. If someone wants me to pay an additional tax to drive my GT350 in the future then I will pay it. It is basically a 60k toy anyway. Do I think carbon taxes and the like are stupid? Yes. But I don't have the time or the energy to worry about this stuff because in the end my frustration is completely impotent and a waste of time.
Acquiescence is what tyrants hope for, and most always achieve. They know the weaknesses and fallacies of the human condition.

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Acquiescence is what tyrants hope for, and most always achieve. They know the weaknesses and fallacies of the human condition.
Yeah dude. I'm just trying to live my life and raise my kid. I really do not care what the politicians are doing with regards to my taxes and carbon fees and electrification, etc. This is not tyranny.

I was born under an actual tyrannical regime. My parents spent years living under martial law, standing in line for food for hours and fearing the night when the government hit squad would knock down their door. My grandparents too had to endure a succession of tyrannical regimes. My great-grand parents? Ditto.

I always cringe when I see people casually throwing around these words when the biggest concern they face in the country they are lucky enough to live in is the price of gasoline and the fact they cannot find the latest iPhone in stock.

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
Many of us got screwed when the SALT got capped at 10k. But we know who signed that bill.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Many of us got screwed when the SALT got capped at 10k. But we know who signed that bill.
Trump fixed a racially unfair tax policy. Now dems want to bring it back... Lol.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Trump fixed a racially unfair tax policy. Now dems want to bring it back... Lol.
Just a reminder, politics is a no-no on this forum. It would be in everyone’s best interest if you delete these posts.

Not judging, just stating a fact.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
Yeah dude. I'm just trying to live my life and raise my kid. I really do not care what the politicians are doing with regards to my taxes and carbon fees and electrification, etc. This is not tyranny.

I was born under an actual tyrannical regime. My parents spent years living under martial law, standing in line for food for hours and fearing the night when the government hit squad would knock down their door. My grandparents too had to endure a succession of tyrannical regimes. My great-grand parents? Ditto.

I always cringe when I see people casually throwing around these words when the biggest concern they face in the country they are lucky enough to live in is the price of gasoline and the fact they cannot find the latest iPhone in stock.
I absolutely get where you are coming from. Cannot imagine the horrors your family experienced and don’t want to experience them first hand.
Those of us born, raised and have lived here in the US for decades look at this very differently.
Accepting the government reaching into your pocket and controlling you in a way that your family were accustomed, doesn’t change the freedoms we’ve grown accustomed and we‘ll fight to keep.
There is a reason you are here, it’s not because you liked where you came from. Let things like this slide, over time this country will be like the one you fled.
Based on where you live and your attitude towards not minding reaching into your pocket has labeled you as a very successful person financially. Good on you and what you’ve built. Don’t feel guilty if you want to keep what you’ve worked so hard to earn.

tobaccokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs

Don't trash me specifically when you know nothing about me. I am intimately familiar with Berlin under the Nazi's in the 1930's - so don't judge someone when you know nothing about them.
What do you have to say now ?

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Don't trash me specifically when you know nothing about me. I am intimately familiar with Berlin under the Nazi's in the 1930's - so don't judge someone when you know nothing about them.
What do you have to say now ?
Dude! Trashing you specifically? I replied to your post. That's how this thing works...

And I didn't judge you. I judged your comment, which made me cringe. That's all.

You expressed your opinion. I expressed mine. We're all big boys here.

If I offended you I apologize.
Sponsored