Prices are on the rise......

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Dedou…. Is out. I laughed when I saw that nonsense. Talk about completely clueless. They can not supply enough electrical power to implement there changes. I’m not even shocked any more how absolutely stupid these people are.

Oh, it’s coming alright. This law will go into effect in NYC in December 2023, and it is just the start. Expect other cities to follow suit.

In a landmark moment for the effort to combat climate change, the New York City Council voted overwhelmingly on Wednesday to ban gas hookups in new buildings. The new law, which New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio will sign, bans new gas stoves, boilers and heaters in new buildings and buildings that undergo gut renovations.
Sponsored

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
It's all about who's agenda the people vote for. We were all told once we that America could not drill our way out of the problem. That was a bald faced lie. We have more oil than the kingdom of saudi arabia. We were pretty much energy independent very recently. And now have reverted back to a dependent. When the good times are gone in few years, it's because we as country voted for it.
Can you explain what is the difference for the end users, meaning people that pay for gas at the pump, between being energy dependent or not since, being a commodity, there is no price difference………

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Can you explain what is the difference for the end users, meaning people that pay for gas at the pump, between being energy dependent or not since, being a commodity, there is no price difference………
I'm not sure of the correlation between being energy independent and fuel prices. What comes out the of the supply being dialed back definitely does. As we close of public lands to exploration, close pipelines and in general are hostile towards the petroleum industry, along with pent up demand we limit the supply. And supply has a definite effect on prices at the pump. If your agenda is to obsolete the ICE what better way to do so?

I will say I'd rather not rely on the middle east for our life blood. We went through that already

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
LOL. You're paying more because supply has been constrained due to lower US production and more reliance on foreign oil under the biden admin.

Gas prices are the highest they've been in 7years. Going back to the obama admin...

"Pain at the pump"...its always been exclusively a democrat issue.

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
I'm not sure of the correlation between being energy independent and fuel prices. What comes out the of the supply being dialed back definitely does. As we close of public lands to exploration, close pipelines and in general are hostile towards the petroleum industry, along with pent up demand we limit the supply. And supply has a definite effect on prices at the pump. If your agenda is to obsolete the ICE what better way to do so?

I will say I'd rather not rely on the middle east for our life blood. We went through that already
Don’t know about that, since fossil fuels is a limited resource, why not using their oil before our?
Think about it…. Why depleting our reserves when they are more than willing to deplete their own stock to supply us…. Especially since there is not much of a financial advantage to use our own oil

Sponsored

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
LOL. You're paying more because supply has been constrained due to lower US production and more reliance on foreign oil under the biden admin.

Gas prices are the highest they've been in 7years. Going back to the obama admin...

"Pain at the pump"...its always been exclusively a democrat issue.
Your answer is very simplistic and not correct
Adjusted for inflation, barrel of oil was $99 in 2014
…. More than today
Look at the link below.. very informative
https://inflationdata.com/articles/inflation-adjusted-prices/historical-oil-prices-chart/
And your answer assume that they can’t increase production to replace what we don’t produce
OPEC has a lot of excess capacity but, as you correctly pointed out, price is market driven and therefore even if we were producing more, good chance that they will reduce production to keep price high
The reason gas was so cheap for a couple of years was due to covid with a huge drop in demand

Last edited:

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
You can stick your head in the sand all you want and turn a blind eye. People don’t care about the trickery in statistics, they care what there dollar buys today as opposed to yesterday. You can‘t spin it, fuel is up 50-75% depending on where you are. Everything is up across the board exponentially. It is what it is. And for the record they’ve tried to use the use there’s not ours for decades to justify the powers that be being in the pockets of opec. Being independent of any country pulling the strings of the US where the supply chain is concerned is a good thing. And the reason you interjected inflation in there was because without it your argument falls apart.

Don’t know about that, since fossil fuels is a limited resource, why not using their oil before our?
Think about it…. Why depleting our reserves when they are more than willing to deplete their own stock to supply us…. Especially since there is not much of a financial advantage to use our own oil
…. More than today
https://inflationdata.com/articles/inflation-adjusted-prices/historical-oil-prices-chart/
And your answer assume that they can’t increase production to replace what we don’t produce
OPEC has a lot of excess capacity but, as you correctly pointed out, price is market driven and therefore even if we were producing more, good chance that they will reduce production to keep price high
The reason gas was so cheap for a couple of years was due to covid with a huge drop in demand

Last edited:

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Am I the only one who pulls up to the pump, puts in my credit card, pumps the gas, and then drives away without even looking at the bill?

None of this matters in the end. Its impossible to accurately predict what will happen even 6 months from now. Just drive the GT350 and enjoy.

I don't know how you guys have the energy to pontificate about all of this.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
I do the same, but do pay attention. My fuel bills for vehicles is 2-250$ a week.

Am I the only one who pulls up to the pump, puts in my credit card, pumps the gas, and then drives away without even looking at the bill?

None of this matters in the end. Its impossible to accurately predict what will happen even 6 months from now. Just drive the GT350 and enjoy.

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
You can stick your head in the sand all you want and turn a blind eye. People don’t care about the trickery in statistics, they care what there dollar buys today as opposed to yesterday. You can‘t spin it, fuel is up 50-75% depending on where you are. Everything is up across the board exponentially. It is what it is. And for the record they’ve tried to use the use there’s not ours for decades to justify the powers that be being in the pockets of opec. Being independent of any country pulling the strings of the US where the supply chain is concerned is a good thing. And the reason you interjected inflation in there was because without it your argument falls apart.
What have you been smoking!!!!
Seriously????
Adjusting for inflation is the only way to compare prices from different periods
Not much I can do if you can’t understand this basic mathematical and economic principle
https://www.investopedia.com/terms/c/constantdollar.asp

Sponsored

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
Isn’t this thread about car prices on the rise not gas?

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
I can’t help you if you don’t understand all the components of supply side economics. Especially production costs. Pull up the Hobbs Basin, that’s one half of my family background. I’m betting you’ve never set one foot around a well or a refinery in your life.

What have you been smoking!!!!
Seriously????
Adjusting for inflation is the only way to compare prices from different periods
Not much I can do if you can’t understand this basic mathematical and economic principle
https://www.investopedia.com/terms/c/constantdollar.asp

Last edited:

Voodoo GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP, 2019 GT350 & 2023 Ford Raptor

I understand and at this point in my life it isn't a real concern. Regardless, I worry about young families and individuals early in their careers. I was talking to a young man about this exact thing and asked him how much more he's spending a week in gas? He said $300 more! Thats making $17 and hour or after taxes that's about 3 of his 20 working days a month just paying for a gas increase (that's assuming he's working full time)! Very sad how this affects people that are at a lower income level. I was there as a young father, so I feel their pain!

passwords

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350R & ‘19 ZL1 1LE
…. More than today
Please don’t waste your time on this. The counter argument to yours boils down to: When in trouble, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout.

Oil prices are up more than 100% since the time COVID started and spot oil prices were less than nothing, meaning futures contract owners were paying others to take responsibility for the physical oil deliveries. I have a lot of respect for most of the members on this forum and our interests are mostly in alignment. But the conclusory crystal ball about oil and gas and the misguided blameshifting makes me sad. And just to be clear, my family owns significant mineral rights (i.e. oil) in North Dakota and Eastern Montana. This reminds me of a thread from a few months ago where a clearly clueless member congratulated another on his understanding about the difference between money and currency, and immediately proceeded to conflate the two topics.

As long as we all stay alert to proposed garbage legislation and oppose it when it gets floated, gasoline for our ICE cars will be available until long after we have all moved past this life. Period.
Sponsored