Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Mustang
There's been some questions on new Vehicle price protection, with the delay on vehicles because of microchips and an increase in retail ordered vehicles because of the lack of dealer supply this has become a bigger issue.

I did some research on this and have a definitive answer on Ford's price protection policy.

Example:
Customer Orders Mach 1 with $60,000 MSRP and agreed to selling price of $60,000 on 3/31/21.
Ford implements price increase on 06/01/21.
Dealer is invoiced for Mach 1 on 07/01/21 with a $62,000 MSRP.
Customer takes delivery on 07/31/21 with the $60,000 agreed to price.
Ford reimburses selling dealership with adjustment invoice on 09/15/21 automatically for price difference as long as it is sold to the customer who it was ordered for.

I have seen this happen a handful of times, but wasn't aware 100% of the process. This is done automatically and at the dealership level is something that isn't communicated all that well. I had to do some digging to find this policy. But if you have an agreed to price with your selling dealership on a retail order, they should honor that price. (I will say, that most dealerships will probably not be aware of this policy, I wasn't). Then Ford after processing the transacation and verifying that it was delivered to the customer who the car was ordered for will then send an adjustment invoice to the dealership reimbursing them for the price difference.

I have attached the Price protection policy here for your reference if your dealership isn't aware of the policy. The good news is that this is automatic and the dealership won't need to jump through any hoops to get it. The bad news is that most Ford's dealerships probably aren't aware. So don't think that they are crooks if they try to charge you the adjusted price, they most likely just aren't aware of the program. Just present this price protection flyer I have attached and I believe most store's will honor the price for you.

Again, the dealer has received an invoice for the full price. I'm sure most sales manager's are under the assumption their pricing has raised so they will pass it along and aren't aware of this program.

Hope that helps.
Sponsored

Attachments

Toretto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Iconic Silver
Might be a silly question, but this applies to Canada as well right?

Sponsored

jblue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2021 Twister Orange GT Premium 401A Ebony Stripes
There's been some questions on new Vehicle price protection, with the delay on vehicles because of microchips and an increase in retail ordered vehicles because of the lack of dealer supply this has become a bigger issue.

I did some research on this and have a definitive answer on Ford's price protection policy.

Example:
Customer Orders Mach 1 with $60,000 MSRP and agreed to selling price of $60,000 on 3/31/21.
Ford implements price increase on 06/01/21.
Dealer is invoiced for Mach 1 on 07/01/21 with a $62,000 MSRP.
Customer takes delivery on 07/31/21 with the $60,000 agreed to price.
Ford reimburses selling dealership with adjustment invoice on 09/15/21 automatically for price difference as long as it is sold to the customer who it was ordered for.

I have seen this happen a handful of times, but wasn't aware 100% of the process. This is done automatically and at the dealership level is something that isn't communicated all that well. I had to do some digging to find this policy. But if you have an agreed to price with your selling dealership on a retail order, they should honor that price. (I will say, that most dealerships will probably not be aware of this policy, I wasn't). Then Ford after processing the transacation and verifying that it was delivered to the customer who the car was ordered for will then send an adjustment invoice to the dealership reimbursing them for the price difference.

I have attached the Price protection policy here for your reference if your dealership isn't aware of the policy. The good news is that this is automatic and the dealership won't need to jump through any hoops to get it. The bad news is that most Ford's dealerships probably aren't aware. So don't think that they are crooks if they try to charge you the adjusted price, they most likely just aren't aware of the program. Just present this price protection flyer I have attached and I believe most store's will honor the price for you.

Again, the dealer has received an invoice for the full price. I'm sure most sales manager's are under the assumption their pricing has raised so they will pass it along and aren't aware of this program.

Hope that helps.
I notice that it is dated 2016, does this still apply to the current year?