Sponsored

Preview: Diode Dynamics LED Turn Signal Housings!

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Hello,

This product is NOW AVAILABLE!
https://www.diodedynamics.com/2015-2017-mustang-sequential-led-turn-signals-usdm.html

Original Post:

We started sharing some info based on another product release recently. Some users such as [MENTION=14834]John577[/MENTION] have offered some good suggestions, like a DRL option, so we wanted to get the discussion going and see if there's any other tweaks that might be possible before we release the product!

Here's the fancy drawing from our engineers. The design started in late January, and has been all done from the ground-up by our engineers in St. Louis, including 3D scanning, 3D printing to confirm fitment, and all optical modeling and simulation.

Basic information- this is our current plan, which we know is possible within our set timeframe:

- 100% plug and play with integrated resistors- no "gallop"
- OEM-style optic design, for clean appearance. It will be hard to tell that this is not a factory part.
- Fully integrated light pattern, again, thanks to the optical design. We designed this with light simulation software in order to ensure a nice appearance and DOT compliant bright turn signal output- we did not want to sacrifice visibility and safety for the turn signal.
- Sequencing amber turn signal option, lighting up in 3 segments to match the rear- this is optional, just unplug one of the connectors to make it static turn signal instead.
- DRL mode (just added!) - one extra wire you can tap up at your headlight if you wish. If activated, it would dim down at night. Totally optional.
- Large GORE vent patch to protect against moisture/condensation.
- Smoked and clear lens options.
- Designed and made in USA.

Let's hear your questions and feedback! We are pretty far along in production right now, but we will do what we can to accommodate any requests.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Last edited:
Reactions: JB1

Ultimateone

Yes is that's guy /\
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F32 435i Xdrive
You guys hiring? I see Solidworks haha

Honestly I'm excited and want to see the real thing!

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
You guys hiring? I see Solidworks haha

Honestly I'm excited and want to see the real thing!
Yep, Solidworks with Optis plugin to handle the optical side of things- makes a great combo!

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT
Thanks a lot to have looked at my suggestion :thumbsup:

The DRL option is something really nice and I think i'm not the only one who loves to have it on this light :thumbsup:

Is it possible to have a preview of the light output and also the sequential. So we all can see how that will look like ?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Here is a simulation of the amber turn signal sequence. This is a little bit slow, and pretty dim, and it looks weird because it is directly from the optical simulation software. There is no other light in the image, the only light is coming from the turn signal LEDs, which is why everything else is pitch black.

But it does give you an idea of the full-housing illumination. Basically, it is divided into three segments, completely lighting up. White is just white color, with the whole thing lit up. Again, we went with a very clean style and appearance.

EDIT: Removed the animation until we get the timing right. Last one was way too slow!

Last edited:

cbass

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
God
Vehicle(s)
2015 400a A6
Hmm, regarding your sequential turn ... Don't know, something says I don't like the look of the 3 blocks... I was hopping to have something more 'smooth', like this, but in the turn light :
Two reasons we like the 3 block blink.
-It matches the rear.
-It allows us to chant "U S A" every time we turn.

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Hmm, regarding your sequential turn ... Don't know, something says I don't like the look of the 3 blocks... I was hopping to have something more 'smooth', like this, but in the turn light :
Yeah, I see what you mean. Our goal here was to maintain the segmented appearance and styling of the factory rear turns.

Keep in mind- the animation above is a bit slow, it will be a bit more fluid than what you see there.

Sponsored

Ultimateone

Yes is that's guy /\
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F32 435i Xdrive
It's already designed...

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
The tooling is already completed. There are 6 LEDs to the turn signal with two lighting up for each one, so it would be possible, but I think we're going to stick with the factory style triple segments on this one.

ststang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
viewsinfinitum.com
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB EBM AT PP
Amber turn signals but are they bright white when not using the turn signal like your Switchback Turn Signal LED Kit? Which I have but haven't installed yet.

Will the Mustang's bumper need to be removed to install these?

Love the idea of the front turn signals matching the rears.
Sponsored