Sponsored

Preview: Diode Dynamics LED Turn Signal Housings!

JB1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
If you scroll back a few pages he was talking about having a wire you could connect to have these as DRL in addition to the factory slits
Sponsored

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
I think they sequence at the same rate as the turn signals, but because they are much smaller and closer together, it appears much faster.

Hopefully there's a function to disable the sequence and have it all blink as one. I think that would look better.
Totally, I would like to buy it just for having the whole bar as a normal turn Signal, so you get rid of the two seperate chambers of the OEM turn signal

DB83

Granny Shifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
+1. I would much rather that was a dedicated LED turn signal

I was actually looking to see if I could modify the stock housing to accommodate something like this
2pcs-6-Inch-10-30v-18W-White-amber-Spot-beam-LED-Work-Light-Bar-for-Indicators.jpg

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT
Yes, on the video, sequential is really to fast. But as they are not installed on a car, we can imagine that this is not the final version of the product (without the signal of the car).

EU version should be the same as, I think, the driver should be the same as the tri-bar DRL boards. So we can imagine to see an EU and US version of this light.

Wait & see :D

Sponsored

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT
+1. I would much rather that was a dedicated LED turn signal

I was actually looking to see if I could modify the stock housing to accommodate something like this
I'd imagine something like this without the LED dots visible :D

DB83

Granny Shifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
That would be even better!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Cool...when can we see them on a Mustang? The sequence seems fast but hard to tell without it being installed.
The sequencing will match the OEM LED tail light speed

Nick C.

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Still got the problem that my DD tribars flicker as parking lights wenn the engine is on. But problem could be solved by unplugging the oem parking lights.

will these turn signals work with the tribars? Or can the eletric of the EU mustang go crazy (again)
How about the turn signal sequence of EU mustangs, will it work?
We will not be releasing these for EU markets until April of 2017 at the earliest, so that we can complete all required testing to prevent any possible problem.

Hopefully they have a DRL option as well
Yes, all units will have a DRL connection wire to tap into DRL signal in headlamp with one connection. Totally optional, if you would like them to illuminate as DRLs. Dims at night.

Cool...when can we see them on a Mustang? The sequence seems fast but hard to tell without it being installed.
We hope to have installed pictures/video in the next week.

Don't worry guys, the sequencing will be the correct speed. We've been doing this for quite a while, sequencing Mustang headlight and tail light products. It looks too fast in our SEMA video because it is hooked to a standard flasher rather than the offset timing flasher in the Mustang. It will look just fine!

Thanks,
Paul

Last edited: