Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
I agree wholeheartedly with Deyon, WD...your hardware is bad ass and as solid and aesthetic pleasing as the Mosmatic.

Do I want it? Yep!
I salivate every time I see the photo of that setup, D and I'd pay a fair chunk of gelt to have a pro duit. I could, but I'd screw something up for sure. :-) As an example, when I installed a water treatment system here at the house about ten years ago, I put the softener upstream from the carbon filter tank. Didn't even know it was incorrect for a number of years but waited until it was time to replace the resin and charcoal to swap them. Fortunately, they're identical hookups but it was still a PITA. Truth be told, I can't tell any difference but perhaps the resin will last longer, I dunno.

Yep, give me a seasoned plumber with a GAS work ethic and I'd be ready to rock...if only.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I have the Mosmatic wand holder mounted just inside my garage as a handy place to rest the gun/wand while I'm working on the car.

jan21127.jpg

jan21196.jpg

But, this is what I really want...............

Necessary? Not really. Do I want it? Yep!
Ditto here. I already have the DI setup so would only need the washer, hose reel, and plumbing. A guy I work with just got the AR setup from OG, I’ll have to swing by his house one day and check it out.

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I've seen guys open the gas flap and spray the pressure washer in there. Given we don't have a screw-on sealed gas cap, doesn't that risk getting water down into the gas tank? Especially given the flap requires so little resistance to open it up?

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
On a mustang I wouldn’t do that - and I would defo think twice (then slap myself for considering it) on any car before taking the pressure washer under there …

Unless you are bringing something back from the dead, nothing more than a soapy wash mitt should be required under the gas flap :like:

WD :like:

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
I've seen guys open the gas flap and spray the pressure washer in there. Given we don't have a screw-on sealed gas cap, doesn't that risk getting water down into the gas tank? Especially given the flap requires so little resistance to open it up?
Just no, not ever on any car.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Presuming the "gas cap" comments stemmed from my photo with it open. I have a cover lock on the spout. No water gets in and I barely brush it with the spray.
I’ve mentioned this numerous times before with regards jet washes - it not necessarily what you are doing, but how you are doing it :like:

More than one way to use the same tool - I’ve jet washed open door shuts in the past, yeah tell that to some people and let them loose with the lance … :giggle:

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I’ve mentioned this numerous times before with regards jet washes - it not necessarily what you are doing, but how you are doing it :like:

More than one way to use the same tool - I’ve jet washed open door shuts in the past, yeah tell that to some people and let them loose with the lance … :giggle:

When I'm detailing a car for some cash on the side, I will often use the pressure washer to blast the door jambs clean. As you allude, it's all in the technique and there is certainly a way to do this task without spraying water all over the interior.

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
When I'm detailing a car for some cash on the side, I will often use the pressure washer to blast the door jambs clean. As you allude, it's all in the technique and there is certainly a way to do this task without spraying water all over the interior.
Now you’ve done it …

Next new post in this forum “DFB said I could jet wash door shuts - how do I get soap bubbles out from behind the sync screen … ?”

:cwl:

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Now you’ve done it …

Next new post in this forum “DFB said I could jet wash door shuts - how do I get soap bubbles out from behind the sync screen … ?”

:cwl:

Ha ha, they can ask that question, however they may not like my response!

MattMPA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT, 2016 Interceptor Utility, 2005 Excursion
I use a Karcher electric for the car washing. I mounted a reel on the wall above with about 50' of hose. Makes life easier. I do like the short handle for car washing too. (Have a Metro Master Blaster with 30' of hose mounted next to the pressure washer)

My Karchers last for years, but often wonder about buying a "better" washer. The problem with my set up is that the P/W is very close to the water connection...just a short whip hose. Many pressure washers mention in their manuals that your need a longer distance between the water connection and the pressure washer. Seems that some of the P/W "hammer" the water line when they stop running.

Back on topic....I've been using a foam gun for years and the Karchers have worked well with 150PSI.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase

You had to ask that to know the answer.

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase