Press Release: Steve McQueen Edition Bullitt Mustang Details & Brochure

Discussion in '2019-2020 Bullitt Mustang' started by Jarstang, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Jarstang

Jarstang Administrator
    Administrator

Vehicle(s):
    Ford
    0   0   0
    Chad McQueen Unveils Steve McQueen Edition Bullitt Mustang at LA Auto Show

Close collaboration between Chad McQueen, McQueen Racing, Steeda and Galpin Auto Sports created a car special enough to be approved by the legendary star’s son. Building on an excellent platform, adding amazing performance combined with precision handling, and wrapped in a menacing, yet, understated package.

Steeda McQueen 11.jpg

LOS ANGELES, CA – At Automobility LA on November 29, Chad McQueen and the team at McQueen Racing announced the start of production of the official Steve McQueen Edition Bullitt Mustang by Steeda. Built with a limited production run of only 300 units per model year and available from Ford Dealers worldwide, this ultra-high performance edition Bullitt Mustang has been purposely re-engineered to deliver supreme performance, improved driving dynamics, and offers increased exclusivity for the iconic Bullitt Mustang produced by Ford Motor Company.

The dedicated engineering and performance teams have spent considerable development time to create the most quintessential McQueen Mustang possible – The Steve McQueen Edition. The design spec was classic McQueen - take an already excellent car and enhance power throughout the powerband, while improving the handling capabilities suitable for both track and on-road, all whilegiving the design an even more classic restrained but undeniably cool stance.

“Ford’s Mustang has always been a big part of my dad’s legend. I wanted to kick the already strong performance up several notches without losing that essential style that makes this car so desirable. Less is more,” commented Chad McQueen, professional racer & Steve McQueen’s only son. “This special edition reflects the lessons my dad ingrained in me about what made his personal cars so desirable.”

Key attributes of the Steve McQueen Edition Bullitt Mustanginclude:

- Available Powertrains - Naturally Aspirated 500hp or Supercharged 775hp (estimated)

- Only available in Dark Highland Green

- Exclusive McQueen Racing Performance Powertrain, Suspension and Handling Parts Engineered, Tested, and Developed in Collaboration with McQueen Racing and Steeda Autosports

- Exclusive Steve McQueen Edition 20” Aluminum Wheels 20”x10” (Front) and 20”x11” (Rear)

- Nitto NT555 G2 Ultra High Performance Tires – 275/35ZR20 (Front) and 315/35ZR20 (Rear)

- Available Four-Point Roll Bar with Rear Seat Delete Kit and 6-point Safety Restraints

- A Purchasers Package that includes a Letter of Authenticity, Signed Steve McQueen Edition Commemorative Print by Camilo Pardo, and Other Highly Desirable Collectible Items

- Commemorative Steve McQueen Edition Rear License Plate Numbered JJZ109 – a Nod to the Original Movie Car

SME Brochure-1.jpg
    SME Brochure-2.jpg

Steeda McQueen 1.jpg Steeda McQueen 2.jpg Steeda McQueen 3.jpg Steeda mcQueen 4.jpg Steeda mcQueen 5.jpg Steeda McQueen 6.jpg Steeda McQueen 7.jpg Steeda mcQueen 8.jpg Steeda McQueen 9.jpg Steeda McQueen 10.jpg Steeda McQueen 11.jpg Steeda McQueen 12.jpg Steeda McQueen 13.jpg Steeda McQueen 14.jpg Steeda McQueen 15.jpg Steeda McQueen 16.jpg Steeda McQueen 17.jpg Steeda mcQueen 18.jpg Steeda McQueen 19.jpg Steeda McQueen 20.jpg Steeda McQueen 21.jpg Steeda McQueen 22.jpg Steeda McQueen 23.jpg Steeda McQueen 24.jpg Steeda McQueen 25.jpg Steeda McQueen 26.jpg Steeda McQueen 27.jpg

2. Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo Super Moderator

First Name:
    Paul
    Vehicle(s):
    Mustang '05 GT
    0   0   0
    Gorgeous...........and those wheels are sublime!

3. Labradog

Labradog Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Jeff
    Vehicle(s):
    2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
    0   0   0
    Pretty sure this thing isn’t happening

4. el-guapin

el-guapin Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    19 Bullitt
    0   0   0
    I want that steering wheel!!

5. Z_Rocks

Z_Rocks Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    Import
    0   0   0
    How are they getting 500 HP on the N/A engine? Is it a built engine with higher compression or engine size?

6. el-guapin

el-guapin Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    19 Bullitt
    0   0   0
    Different tune maybe?

7. 15GTCA

15GTCA Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    Magnetic 2015 GT A6
    0   0   0
    Those pictures were taken at the LA AutoShow and there was at least 1 if not 2 of these models in the GAS display. I saw them but, the hoods were not open so no telling what has been done to the engine.

8. Idaho2018GTPremium

Idaho2018GTPremium Active Member

First Name:
    Darrell
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 Mustang GT Premium A10 w/ PP1 and MagneRide
    0   0   0
    The Gen 3 Coyote 5.0 is underrated at 460 hp. A cold air intake and tune will get them to about 500 hp at the crank. I'd imagine they did something similar.

9. Hi-PO Stang

Hi-PO Stang Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2014 Shelby GT500
    0   0   0
    Whomever makes those wheels better ramp up production. I want those wheels for all my Mustangs.

10. tj@steeda

[email protected] Well-Known Member
    Diamond Sponsor

Vehicle(s):
    2015 Steeda Mustang
    Garage Profiles:
    Rating:
    100%
    2   0   0
    It’s in full swing, the wheels are set to be delivered by the end of the year - we have units ready to go!

11. Schwerin

Schwerin Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    Future Mustang Owner.
    0   0   0
    The regular engine in the Bullitt is already 480. I feel like since they ONLY mention a tune that its BARELY hitting 500. Lund has previously said there isn't much to get out of the Gen 3 5.0 with 93 oct. Unless the BULLITT is under rated. Have we seen dynos yet?

12. stanglife

stanglife Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Jeff
    Vehicle(s):
    1993 Coyote Coupe
    0   0   0
    Ford does a good job with restraint...most anything after-the-fact, is tacky.

wibled likes this.
  13. Allentown

Allentown Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Allen
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 GT
    0   0   0
    #13 Allentown, Dec 23, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
    1) Where the heck can we get those wheels in a 20 inch and how muh? When I looked for wheels for mine, i seem to recall the bullets only showing up in 18 and 19 inch sizes??

2) if anyone owns a bullet and wants to correct me.....the nearest I have seen is the one in the dealership, which I had to twist a guys arm to open the hood..... It had a CAI that looks similar to whats on the GT350 and I think maybe a unique throttle body. It basically reminds me of the ford power pack they sell for the 15 to 17.

I have looked high and low for the newer version that is sold for the 18s and 19s and CANNOT find them.

Anyone???? Help. Want. ..

They do not sell them currently but I assume will eventually sell a revised ford power pack with this intake throttle body and tune that will make the same 480hp and look like the bullet setup....the same as the way they currently sell one for the 15 to 17s??

One other thing (on a standard bullet) is no heat shield, but it looks like a standard 18 manifold...can't be sure though. Could be a ported version or something. Porting is good for 5hp and that intake and throttle body along with a ford performance tune is good for 20hp....tyar gets you to 485hp in theory. So if you ditch a "safe" oem tune for a more aggressive 93 only I assume 500hp may just barely be within reach. If you switch to the CJ manifold you can grab another 5hp and close the gab needed to make the difference in a 93 tune to only 10hp.. If there is under rating going on with Gen 3s and ford hand picks which examples are sent to certified tuners like this you could make up the diff with "fuzzy math" and a few certified dyno runs .

14. frankeric16

frankeric16 Member

First Name:
    frank
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 DHG Bullitt
    retired
    0   0   0
    SM Bullitt is advertising:
    limited production run that features a Bullitt Mustang with naturally aspirated 500HP or supercharged 775HP powertrain options, exclusive McQueen Racing performance powertrain, suspension and handling parts developed in collaboration with McQueen Racing and Steeda Autosports.
    I'm thinking that the supercharger will replace the TB from the Shelby 350 that's installed on our Bullitt's.

15. Ericc B

Ericc B Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2016 GT Fastback
    0   0   0
    Units as in completed cars or as in sets of wheels for aftermarket use?

16. rum_punch_ruby

rum_punch_ruby Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2017 GT Premium, Performance Pack, Recaros
    Garage Profiles:
    Rating:
    100%
    1   0   0
    Everything except the dual black front splitters is a win here.

17. tj@steeda

[email protected] Well-Known Member
    Diamond Sponsor

Vehicle(s):
    2015 Steeda Mustang
    Garage Profiles:
    Rating:
    100%
    2   0   0
    We have complete cars ready to go with the exception of the wheels, they will be installed shortly & then the units will start to ship soon after.

TJ

18. Labradog

Labradog Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Jeff
    Vehicle(s):
    2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
    0   0   0
    Who is doing the wheels now?

19. toplesstripcruiser

toplesstripcruiser Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    Race Red 50th Mustang GT vert, '03 yellow Evo
    Rating:
    100%
    1   0   0
    Yes I would like to know who is doing the wheels now also. I am interested in the wheels except in a different finish.

20. pctek

pctek Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Steve
    Vehicle(s):
    2015 GT Premium DIB 401A
    0   0   0
    I def want the rims. I've been waiting for AR to make the torque thrust rims that will fit my 18" non Brembo tires, but it seems that everyone makes rims in 19 or 20 inch... Did I read that the Bullit rims will be available in 18"? Where can I get more info? I looked on the Steeda sight, but the Bullit rims were not shown....