Sponsored

Presenting the AWE Mustang EcoBoost Exhaust Suite. Available now.

Janstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2001 Turbocharged Mustang Cobra, 2018 EB
Any plans for a quad tip version for those willing to swap out the lower valence?

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost, GT

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 2013 Scion tC.
I have an 17 ecoboost premium, I am interested in this touring axle back, how long before the chrome exhaust tips rust or won’t? Can I replace them if so.

No drone at all correct? I drive a lot of highway via 6 speed and I want to change exhaust but all the systems was real raspy crackly and read about droning.

I’m seriously thinking of getting this axleback. Leaving stock everything else.

Can I buy it from you guys or should I buy from American muscle on a sale?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost, GT
I have an 17 ecoboost premium, I am interested in this touring axle back, how long before the chrome exhaust tips rust or won’t? Can I replace them if so.

No drone at all correct? I drive a lot of highway via 6 speed and I want to change exhaust but all the systems was real raspy crackly and read about droning.

I’m seriously thinking of getting this axleback. Leaving stock everything else.

Can I buy it from you guys or should I buy from American muscle on a sale?
Hey, P. They're double-walled stainless, so they won't rust. We do sell tips alone for existing exhausts.

Yep, no drone. It is certainly a good option for those looking for a sophisticated soundtrack as this is far from raspy.

You can purchase straight from www.awemustang.com.

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
Ordered, can’t wait to get it installed and review it.

Geobuk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
White Platinum Ecoboost Mustang PP
Any plans to do a full catback in the future? And maybe a quad tip option?

There's almost no options for quads on an ecoboost and its frustrating after I installed the roush valance.

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
  • 0 bytes Views: 0

Sponsored

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
I had them installed, turned out very nice. I adjusted the tips a little since the photo, they are spot on perfect to me.

I have a recording, cold start and warm start. But it isn’t letting me post them as upload files from my phone.
B0FAF232-B4EA-4ED3-94BB-7EF9E5DAEA1D.jpeg
B4A377D4-C76A-4D36-935D-9F7C8101B760.jpeg
View attachment 365227 View attachment 365228
C46800CA-4F2B-48B7-8706-424C751271A9.jpeg
AE20B879-A287-4EFA-A6BD-9F5000FF9DC6.jpeg
28EC5B54-8318-46CC-BEB2-1EB30B7139AA.jpeg
Nice. Do you have the stock resonator? I’m wondering about going with a Y pipe.

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
Sound clips says too large loading from YouTube. I am using an iPhone se to record nothing great. That said, every morning I love hearing my car turn on. Nice grumble, isn’t obnoxious and sounds really good throaty. I don’t know why phone didn’t catch the beginning of the cold start

The 35 sec vid is cold idle start

Minute long video was after I drove home. I guess after few hundred miles it will deepen out some further.

Cold

Warm

On top the sound, I love the new chrome tips. Looks awesome to my chrome accents on car (I have chrome windows etc)

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
I have stock everything else, I contacted awe and they said the axle was tuned for stock system. Sounds really good, ifbyou remove the resonaor etc you will probably induce droning. I have zero droning sounds like a beefy exhaust. It’s about as good as we can get for our car imho.

Call and ask AWE their opinion on your y pipe question Monday. Also maybe ask and see if you can get a discount for being a forum member possibly. Can’t hurt.

They are very friendly. I’m at a birthday party, ask questions and I’ll reply later idk what else though I can provide, I 100% love my new exhaust, pricier than others but zero drone and nice sound for a DD. Perfect

The exhaust is deeper in person, idk why it just doesn’t sound good on my phone or MacBook when I played it

It’s also not raspy, it makes a few popple when idling revving but driving none driving around which I appreciate. I didn’t want the crackle and banging noises

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
Sound clips says too large loading from YouTube. I am using an iPhone se to record nothing great. That said, every morning I love hearing my car turn on. Nice grumble, isn’t obnoxious and sounds really good throaty. I don’t know why phone didn’t catch the beginning of the cold start

The 35 sec vid is cold idle start

Minute long video was after I drove home. I guess after few hundred miles it will deepen out some further.

Cold

Warm

On top the sound, I love the new chrome tips. Looks awesome to my chrome accents on car (I have chrome windows etc)
Thank you! Just made my decision easier! I like how it sounds...

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
Thank you! Just made my decision easier! I like how it sounds...
Message them asking for a possible discount, see what’s available. I know we get like 6-8% at American muscle and cjpp I’m sure they could match them none the less.

It’s pricy, but it really is nice a piece. I listened to tons of catbacks etc.. I didn’t like the rapsyoness or read about droning.

This is quiet driving around, but I clearly hear exhaust when I want too. Nice cold starts, I travel 65-75 all day and I have zero droning at speed. It’s perfect for me. Pricy, but again I don’t regret it. My exhaust people said it’s extremely nice piece. Perfect welds

And I could be wrong, but I swear I hear my turbo noise spooling up sooner easier/more pronounced even at casual driving. I’ve done nothing else and doesn’t make sense but that was icing on cake.
Sponsored

Last edited: