• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Premium fuel for Mustang DH to be more expensive.

Towerism

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 6 speed, 2021 Volvo XC40 R-Design
Oh ok. Thanks for the info. That helps me not wish I could read it.

to get access to the ESourceBook, you need to work at a Ford dealer and have an FMCDealer login.
sadly, it's not a huge digital booklet of info, it really only has 2-3 pages worth of stuff on it
Sponsored

Rev Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R, 2020 BMW 330i Sedan
Yikes. A minimum of 91? For an extra 20 HP (which is achievable with bolt-ons on a G3 Coyote)? And it's a Fully Networked Vehicle (FNV) or aka Commie Mustang? The DH just becomes more, and more unappealing.

It is what it is, I guess.

It's crazy that people are complaining about having to put in premium gas. You think your car is going to make 500+hp on 87 or 89 octane out here? Even back in the day I was running 91 octane in my 96 Cobra as it would ping on anything less.

BLITZM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cayman S
Your 91 is 95RON downunder-would never consider anything les than 95, but for my cars and bikes I only use 98RON, unless none are available.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
Buying a $70k car that can deliver 500+hp, but then being cheap when using the right fuel that actually deliver that power and is best for the longevity of the engine. I don't get it, if you want to save money go for a S550 or a GT instead of a dark horse...

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I still wouldn't put 87 octane in my Mach 1 when I rev it out to 7800 RPM. Besides, it's tuned for 93/E85 and redlines at 8k. Stop being cheap shits and put the right fuel in it.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Buying a $70k car that can deliver 500+hp, but then being cheap when using the right fuel that actually deliver that power and is best for the longevity of the engine. I don't get it, if you want to save money go for a S550 or a GT instead of a dark horse...
I do not think the point of this thread was about “being cheap”. Just that there was a report that for the first time that a Coyote “required” premium fuel. There was also the article that stated that premium gas was going to get more expensive.

By the way, I’ve found nothing to corroborate the requirement part.

Towerism

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 6 speed, 2021 Volvo XC40 R-Design
At least one person in this thread was complaining about it though.

I do not think the point of this thread was about “being cheap”. Just that there was a report that for the first time that a Coyote “required” premium fuel. There was also the article that stated that premium gas was going to get more expensive.

By the way, I’ve found nothing to corroborate the requirement part.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Let's remember it's more about smiles per mile than miles per gallon, or cost per gallon in this case.
Damn right. I had my S550 supercharged last year. She runs about 10.2 mpg in the city and I use 93 or 94 depending on where I'm filling up.

If I want something that runs cheap I'll take the Mazda 6 GS winter beater out and commute back and forth to work.

If I want to scare all the Luxury Car guys at my office I bring out Ella and eat German food that day. But that comes at a cost. One which I'm currently willing to pay.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
There was also the article that stated that premium gas was going to get more expensive.
when you refine oil the mixture of distillates doesn't vary a whole lot. What separates out as "87" is in the same ratio as "93" since the last 100 years. Now it's possible that the "93" might have some secondary uses that are increasing and thus could be siphoned off to that task instead of being shoved down the pipeline as automotive gasoline. I couldn't say.

The only other way to make '93' more expensive independent of "87" is state/county-level taxes to "punish" the rich who drive vehicles that need or can leverage "93". I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the Communists in California (but I repeat myself) are cooking up such a discriminatory scheme.

Grabber_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See Signature
It's crazy that people are complaining about having to put in premium gas.
Yup, people buying $40K+++ cars complaining about $10-15 more a tank lol...

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
The good news is that the price of a barrel of oil has dropped under $70. So we will still see some savings even though premium fuel may be more expensive this will be short-lived.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
This is a good thing, lol. Not wasting time in the tune to accommodate for shitty fuel means it should just feel better all the time. It's like getting the previous power packs for free.
Sponsored