• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Premium fuel for Mustang DH to be more expensive.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
The title of this thread still bothers me.

Premium fuel is the same price for every car. 😜 I mean here is the States it's 93 Octane, costs the same no matter what car it's going in.
The wording is confusing. The title should have read “DH will require premium gas, going to cost more to fill up”.

We still have no confirmation that this is even true. And honestly, it’s a 500hp car. Regardless of whether or not it’s required I wouldn’t put anything less than premium in.
Sponsored

OP
OP
lcbrownz

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
please link the page where it says that
[/QU
The Ford link does not specify the octane rating for the Ford Mustang Dark Horse. However, it does mention that the engine requires premium fuel, which implies a higher-octane rating than regular fuel. The exact octane rating may vary depending on the region and the fuel supplier. If you want to know more about the octane rating and how it affects engine performance, you can ask me to search for that topic. All-New 2024 Ford Mustang® | Engines, Horsepower, Speed, Photos & More | Ford.com

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
its possible im blind, but the only thing mentioning premium fuel i can find on that page is that the horsepower and torque ratings are calculated using premium, as required by the SAE standard to calculate those values

rchandler9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Expedition and 14' Infiniti Q50s
If you buying a DH, you are not to be using it as a daily driver, so you be will probably be buying gas about once a month.
I will daily my DH in good weather and when it is not too cold (which is about 300 days a year in Oklahoma). I will also be using premium for max performance.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
we now have a true, confirmed answer to this thanks to the owner's manual
S650 Mustang Premium fuel for Mustang DH to be more expensive. 1692079067742

found on page 166 for the physical/PDF version, or under "Fuel and Refueling > Fuel Quality > Selecting the Correct Fuel" on the HTML version

akfinfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang Dark Horse - 17' Charger - 17' Ram 1500
we now have a true, confirmed answer to this thanks to the owner's manual
1692079067742.png

found on page 166 for the physical/PDF version, or under "Fuel and Refueling > Fuel Quality > Selecting the Correct Fuel" on the HTML version
Nice find! I’ll still be using 91 Octane at a minimum with an Octane Booster every so often.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 GT vert A10 / ‘23 Mach 1 A10 / ‘23 Mach 1 6MT
For the life of me I cannot understand the mentality of buying a high performance car but then cheaping out on the fuel that will have it running it’s best. I just don’t get it. At all.

That‘s why God invented Kias.

Jivor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT
For the life of me I cannot understand the mentality of buying a high performance car but then cheaping out on the fuel that will have it running it’s best. I just don’t get it. At all.

I resemble that remark...

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible

It’s not cheating out. The gas tank is approx 14 gallons. Price difference between 87 and 91 is $0.30 here in NC. So filling up from empty would be an additional $4.20. The issue isn’t about the cost of gas and being cheap. They are saying if it runs fine with 87 then why does it matter. I run 93 in my current mustang and for the amount of miles I drive in a day it’s not a problem. If I was filling up every 2-3 days and having mostly highway driving at a set speed on cruise control I would have no problem using 87.

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
People don’t understand pre ignition and hammering their bearings.
If they did they’d be scrambling to get it on 93 or even better E85

it is a 12:1 engine, on 87 octane it’s basically eating itself and sensors are retarding everything from spark to cam timing to try and keep it alive.
It will lead to premature rod bearing wear.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
People don’t understand pre ignition and hammering their bearings.
If they did they’d be scrambling to get it on 93 or even better E85

it is a 12:1 engine, on 87 octane it’s basically eating itself and sensors are retarding everything from spark to cam timing to try and keep it alive.
It will lead to premature rod bearing wear.
Yes, a lot of us here do. But, that said what you are saying was true, in the 70’s. I’ve been on here for nine years and do not recall any reported engine failures do to the “proper” use of regular gas. You are perpetrating a long held belief that doesn’t hold water in the 21st century.

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
It’s not gonna spin a rod bearing instantly.
It’s cumulative over mileage and rpm

talk to me when the 87 octane car has a rod knock at 130k miles and I’m going 200k plus.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 GT vert A10 / ‘23 Mach 1 A10 / ‘23 Mach 1 6MT
It’s not cheating out. The gas tank is approx 14 gallons. Price difference between 87 and 91 is $0.30 here in NC. So filling up from empty would be an additional $4.20. The issue isn’t about the cost of gas and being cheap. They are saying if it runs fine with 87 then why does it matter. I run 93 in my current mustang and for the amount of miles I drive in a day it’s not a problem. If I was filling up every 2-3 days and having mostly highway driving at a set speed on cruise control I would have no problem using 87.
Um yeah, OK.

It may (or may not?) run “fine” on 87 but who cares?

I say again, it just seems silly to me to buy a performance vehicle and then not be able or willing to feed it what it needs to get that performance you paid for. What a waste! Yeah, it’s cheaping out for sure. If you genuinely cannot afford the good stuff why not sell the car and get something you can afford to feed properly?

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
:throwing shells from the peanut gallery:

I’d rather spend the money on good go gas than ….let’s say a light kit.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
You guys are missing the next page...

"For best overall vehicle and engine performance, premium fuel with an octane rating of 91 or higher is recommended. The performance gained by using premium fuel is most noticeable in hot weather as well as other conditions, for example when towing a trailer. "

S650 Mustang Premium fuel for Mustang DH to be more expensive. 1692117161104
Sponsored