Sponsored

Premier Interior Trim Package...is it a dealbreaker?

Dr.Pat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I've heard the premier interior trim package is well worth the $400, but I've never seen it in person. Was it a dealbreaker for you guys? None of the local dealers have any cars in stock with that option, but one does have a 2017 GT with all my preferred options. I could order one with the trim package, but then i wouldnt get the $3,000 in discounts the dealer is offering for in stock vehicles. I'd be able to use my family's Z plan though, so I'd still get some discount.

Cliffs Notes: Take in stock GT without premier interior trim package but all other preferred options or order one to get that package?

Thanks fellas
Sponsored

2015 Silver GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT Premium
It's a nice package for the money but certainly no deal breaker.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
It's definitely nicer and it's a steal for $400 (plus if you want a red interior, it's the only way to get it).

That being said, it's not like it adds any features, and there is a lot of interior components that aren't any different.

I wanted Redline, so it was a deal breaker for me (I happen to find the exact car I wanted in stock out of state), but if I was going for black, and it made a few thousand dollars different and/or meant weeks of additional wait, I _think_ I wouldn't worry about it.

Probably doesn't help, but my $0.02 :D

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
What exactly is different about the premier trim aside from the redline and stitching? Basically Ebony vs Ebony.

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
What exactly is different about the premier trim aside from the redline and stitching? Basically Ebony vs Ebony.
It's essentially a higher quality leather for the seating surfaces. I much preferred it over the standard leather seats, and I'm just too damn big for the Recaros.

To the OP - I didn't NEED to have it, but dammit, I wanted it. I also ordered, so I was able to get exactly what I wanted, and walked out the door at about $38000 with a GT Premium, Performance Pack, Ebony Premier Trim, Nav, and Security Package.

JR

Sponsored

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
I misread the OP, if you're getting the premium I would definitely get the premium trim. It looks/feels much better than the regular premium interior

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Lots of stuff. Beside already mentioned: Soft touch door uppers, different dash top with real stitching on the front instead of fake molded stitching on the top. May be more.

Rustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rustan
Vehicle(s)
LB '17 GT Premium PP
I couldn't find one in stock so I ordered to get the premier trim but I used A-plan and so it didn't really matter price wise as there weren't any extra discounts I would be missing, just had to wait 2 months. I would say the vast majority of people who seen it won't notice it but I absolutely do and therefore worth it.

WaltA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT Convertible
To me, it comes down to which trim level offers me a "better" leather color; one that I like and one that goes the best with my exterior color choice.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
I had to have it and that's why it was such a bitch to find my car and at the time was 1 of 2 in the entire country jan 2015...anyways... It's not a big deal and should be standard truthfully... it looks better on the dash and center console though and doors

cjj237

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Guard
I actually didn't really like it. Felt too soft...Like it would wear out quickly.

But yeah, if you like it, go for it. It's only $400.
Sponsored