Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
  • Banned
Hey guys!

So, I haven't even had my car for a full year yet, and I've already found that my Showstopper Red Recaro seats are wearing pretty bad! In fact, I first noticed it after owning the car for about 4 months and 4000 miles or so. I wanted to see if anyone else has had this problem, or if you guys think the Ford bumper-to-bumper warranty would cover it? I'm not a very big guy (6'2", 190lbs) and I try to be careful not to lean on the bolsters when getting in and out of the car, so I doubt that's what's causing the wear. It just seems VERY premature, almost as if the red finish on the seat was defective
recaro.jpg
Sponsored

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Be careful of your belt as well as the belt loops while getting in and out of the car. That's likely the culprit.

I think it's likely the leather that they use.

OP
OP
jake_zx2

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
  • Banned
All of the crap Ford "leather" wears too soon. My Premium leather seats looked like garbage where my fat butt sat.
It just seems absurd to me that I paid almost $2k to get the upgraded seats, and within the first year they look like someone took sandpaper to them...

What do you guys think about Ford warranty? Think they could get replaced?

CycloneRy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
_
Depends on who you draw out of the Service Advisor grab bag. I have heard of people getting these replaced under warranty.

Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Wow, the leather in my 13yo Mach1 wasn't that bad when I got rid of it. And i'm a big guy that kinda sits on the sides of teh seat. It was cracked, but not rubbing off like that.

I would definitely take that in for them to look at and hopefully replace.

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible 6 speed
I had a seat cover replaced under warranty for a crack in the fake leather bolster. Like was said - a good service advisor will get it done.

Vegas5OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 PP
my recaros are wearing a little on the bolster too even though im very careful.

Sponsored

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
It just seems absurd to me that I paid almost $2k to get the upgraded seats, and within the first year they look like someone took sandpaper to them...

What do you guys think about Ford warranty? Think they could get replaced?
Yes they'll replace it under egress. I had mine replaced on the GT350, yes the GT350 convenience seats. Do i see the issue returning yes... but in the meantime have them replace it and save some cash for another shop to take care of it later down the road.

jrsimon27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 PP
Wow that looks bad i have a 2016 GT with recaro seats and they still look new car has 12,000miles.
Bumper to bumper warranty should cover it.

HN401A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
Aside from the premature wear and warranty issues, do you condition your seats with leather care products when you clean your car? and use a sun shade if you park outside? leather always wears faster when it dries out.

OP
OP
jake_zx2

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Aside from the premature wear and warranty issues, do you condition your seats with leather care products when you clean your car? and use a sun shade if you park outside? leather always wears faster when it dries out.
Don't park it outside all that much, so no need for a sunshade. When I clean it, I just use Meguiars leather wipes. Is there another product you recommend?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Here’s what Ford will and will not cover regarding warranty and Leather seats:
Sponsored

Attachments