Preliminary numbers: 2015 Mustang 2.3L Ecoboost - 305-315 hp / 300-310 lb-ft

13GTCSMustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR/GT/20's/NAV
Did they just steal one of Chazcron's renderings? That's way to close to his to be the actual car.
Sponsored

13GTCSMustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR/GT/20's/NAV
Anyone else notice the dash photo? Look at the 4 round vents on top of the center stack...the spy photo only showed 3. What gives?

Boydstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium DIB

Wildcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Focus
Cool. Basically what the survey said too. It only makes sense they give this a slight advantage over the base if it's going to be priced as an upgrade.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=899

I would think the Ecoboost model would have a few more differences as well to justify the premium over the base. Maybe some subtle styling differences and some extra standard features.

Sponsored

Stanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F30
I wonder what the torque curve looks like...flat from 1500 to 6000?

JonnyMustang

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Flex EB
FB post says this is on regular fuel. Wonder what a premium tune and exhaust would do?

Getting 32 MPGs and beating 2 and 3v 4.6s? Who woulda thunk!

Gmxblazer

Threads
Reaction score
The question is at a mile and half above sea level daily. Would I prefer a tuned ecoboost mustang or tuned 5.0 ?

JonnyMustang

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Flex EB
The question is at a mile and half above sea level daily. Would I prefer a tuned ecoboost mustang or tuned 5.0 ?
Wouldn't the tuned EB still be a better choice? I'm no turbo expert, but it's still adding more air than the N/A 5.0.

Sponsored

Gmxblazer

Threads
Reaction score
Wouldn't the tuned EB still be a better choice? I'm no turbo expert, but it's still adding more air than the N/A 5.0.
I am not sure i know my 02 wrx feels like a rocket after driving my 3.7 . Granted I am running 20 pounds of boost. I just want to test drive the 15 5.0 back to back with ecoboost. With the altitude loss the 5.0 up here makes about the same as a 3.7 at sea level

JonnyMustang

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Flex EB
I am not sure i know my 02 wrx feels like a rocket after driving my 3.7 . Granted I am running 20 pounds of boost. I just want to test drive the 15 5.0 back to back with ecoboost. With the altitude loss the 5.0 up here makes about the same as a 3.7 at sea level
Sounds like F/I all the way then. That sucks!

Even at sea level, I noticed the butt dyno difference between the ecoboost and 5.0 F150s. The EB just feels like a smooth power band at any speed.

Gmxblazer

Threads
Reaction score
After 3 straight v6 mustangs I just have the stigma of not getting a v8.. I can't wait to test drive them !!!!!!!!

JonnyMustang

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Flex EB
After 3 straight v6 mustangs I just have the stigma of not getting a v8.. I can't wait to test drive them !!!!!!!!
I know what you mean, I constantly had the "Shoulda had a v8" moment with the old boat anchor 4.0s. But the EB has a certain quirkiness to it that is appealing. It's a truly rare mustang.

I guess that's one thing that bothered me, being in an endless sea of sixers, it was hard to stand out.

Gmxblazer

Threads
Reaction score
Definitely, and all the common folk who ask is it a v8?...... Makes you feel like crap even though your car will out accelerate most on the street.
Sponsored