Sponsored

Precision-Turbonetics NX2 turbo EcoBoost build thread

Cmw458

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow black ford mustang ecoboost premium PP
Anyone know where I can find a replacement turbo outlet gasket for this? I bought an NX2 used and the gasket looks a bit worn.
Sponsored

AnasB^ECO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anas
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost - PP2018
Folks,, I got used NX2 that it's wastegate was taken off and then put back.. I am not sure about the preload so looking to confirm what's the stock preload is.. can anyone tell me how many turns the stock wastegate is setup on? Thank...

SouthernCyclone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang 3.7 TT
Folks,, I got used NX2 that it's wastegate was taken off and then put back.. I am not sure about the preload so looking to confirm what's the stock preload is.. can anyone tell me how many turns the stock wastegate is setup on? Thank...
Best way to set preload dead nuts on manual internal wastegates is to use a mighty vac that does both vacuum and pressure.

AnasB^ECO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anas
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost - PP2018
Best way to set preload dead nuts on manual internal wastegates is to use a mighty vac that does both vacuum and pressure.
But do you know what psi it should read on stock? Link where I can read more about it? Thanks...

Sponsored

Coyote Chase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2010/2018 Mustang

Knuckle66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Mustang, 00 Mercury Cougar, 98 F250
well, I'm hoping to maybe purchase this kit in the coming months and I was wondering if the tune that comes with it is all that is needed. I read through this entire thread and people were getting 5 or more tunes to get their cars working. I already planned on getting the unlimited tunes because why not for an extra couple hundred dollars. I guess I'm wondering how plug and play these mods are with the tune that comes with the build.

Coyote Chase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2010/2018 Mustang
I have the same mods, but used a different tuner and a different vendor
I'm having all kinds of problems, my motor runs lean and hot.
I've had to add auxiliary port injectors and a piggyback controller, to get enough fuel.
Maybe I picked the wrong (Ryan Martin via EMS) professional tuner and the wrong vendor??

We're having a discussion on another thread https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...d-downpipe-without-a-tune.190312/post-3820919
that may help answer your questions?

PS: As for the installation of the kit itself, everything bolted together fairly easy.

Last edited:

Knuckle66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is that Ryan Martin from Street Outlaws?

Yeah this kind of stuff scares me some. Others have said it works great, others have had to stud the block and replace the head gasket...
I'll check out the link you sent over. Thanks

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
My two cents, the Ecoboost was a great platform with an intercooler and a tune. Still good with the NX2 but there is definitely diminishing returns. Anything after bolt ons becomes so risky and expensive that it will quickly become cheaper and easier to upgrade to a V8 car when you look at the total price. I'd even say it's perfect with the stock turbo tuned up and I should have realized there that it was easier to get a GT after that. Not knocking the car, it was great, just giving my experience with it.

Sponsored

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
Is that Ryan Martin from Street Outlaws?

Yeah this kind of stuff scares me some. Others have said it works great, others have had to stud the block and replace the head gasket...
I'll check out the link you sent over. Thanks
This is literally the only guy I've ever heard say anything negative about Ryan, but, lately, he's been saying a lot. FOR SURE there's a , "By the way...." somewhere in the story. I honestly don't care, but the passive aggressive sniping is a bit much. If you've got a bitch, then out with it.

I've worked with Ryan for years and he's been nothing but great. I've got a built EMS engine on the way which he'll tune as well. YMMV.

Knuckle66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My two cents, the Ecoboost was a great platform with an intercooler and a tune. Still good with the NX2 but there is definitely diminishing returns. Anything after bolt ons becomes so risky and expensive that it will quickly become cheaper and easier to upgrade to a V8 car when you look at the total price. I'd even say it's perfect with the stock turbo tuned up and I should have realized there that it was easier to get a GT after that. Not knocking the car, it was great, just giving my experience with it.
So your recommendation is to do some cheaper upgrades like, intercooler, pipes, down pipe, CAI, and get a tune? Mind you I'm not racing, I just want to wake it up and have fun with the car. This is my DD so I don't want to hurt it. Everyone has delusions of grandeur but honestly I just want to have fun but keep it reliable.

stannypack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
So your recommendation is to do some cheaper upgrades like, intercooler, pipes, down pipe, CAI, and get a tune? Mind you I'm not racing, I just want to wake it up and have fun with the car. This is my DD so I don't want to hurt it. Everyone has delusions of grandeur but honestly I just want to have fun but keep it reliable.
My setup was MBRP race exhaust, Roush CAI (for the intake noises), Turbosmart BOV (for the wooshy sounds), CVF street intercooler, and the FRPP tune for warranty. Definitely woke up the car and was fun while it lasted lol

Knuckle66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My setup was MBRP race exhaust, Roush CAI (for the intake noises), Turbosmart BOV (for the wooshy sounds), CVF street intercooler, and the FRPP tune for warranty. Definitely woke up the car and was fun while it lasted lol
I was looking at a total exhaust upgrade at some point but I was probably going to go with Borla S type so I can keep my active exhaust. If I do this, it won't happen until next year.
I guess the FRPP tune is only available and installed by Ford? I had looked at CVF intercoolers before, the price was defiantly right. I had also looked the the GFB diverter, but I was thinking about the combo just to get the woosh but without loosing the benefits of the diverter.

stannypack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I was looking at a total exhaust upgrade at some point but I was probably going to go with Borla S type so I can keep my active exhaust. If I do this, it won't happen until next year.
I guess the FRPP tune is only available and installed by Ford? I had looked at CVF intercoolers before, the price was defiantly right. I had also looked the the GFB diverter, but I was thinking about the combo just to get the woosh but without loosing the benefits of the diverter.
FRPP tune is available cheapest from Levittownford last time I checked, and can be installed by any ASE certified shop so that your 5 yr powertrain warranty becomes 3 yrs. The turbosmart kompact dual port blow off valve is half vent to atmosphere half recirculating and straight plug and play, would recommend it.
Sponsored