Sponsored

Pre-Production 2017 GT350R Found For Sale

S650D&R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
multiple
Full disclosure - this is not my car nor do I have any affiliation with the dealership.

https://www.jdemmerford.com/used/Fo...c0a0e0ae87378c196ff0d7564.htm?searchDepth=5:5

What we have here is 2017 GT350R Chassis #H0012, with the first owner listed as Ford Motor Company fleet vehicle.

If I had the space and funds available right now I'd love to pick this one up! Hopefully another enthusiast who truly appreciates what this car is can pick it up and preserve it.
Sponsored

I am Jeff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
FBO C63, Ram 1500 Ecodiesel, 18' LB GT350, 19' Performance Blue GT350R
Full disclosure - this is not my car nor do I have any affiliation with the dealership.

https://www.jdemmerford.com/used/Fo...c0a0e0ae87378c196ff0d7564.htm?searchDepth=5:5

What we have here is 2017 GT350R Chassis #H0012, with the first owner listed as Ford Motor Company fleet vehicle.

If I had the space and funds available right now I'd love to pick this one up! Hopefully another enthusiast who truly appreciates what this car is can pick it up and preserve it.
A pre-production car will have a plaque number PP. Pre-production vehicles are not registerable for street use. What you have there looks like a Ford Fleet vehicle used for press or demo purposes.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
A pre-production car will have a plaque number PP. Pre-production vehicles are not registerable for street use. What you have there looks like a Ford Fleet vehicle used for press or demo purposes.
I have owned numerous pre-production Mustangs including PP0001 and PP0002 both of which were 2012 Boss 302's (first 2 seat and first 4 seat Boss 302's) and were assembled back in 2010 and have found numerous pre-production vehicles for some of my car buddies after which time they registered and titled their Mustangs for the street as well just as I did with my pre-production cars.

Of the 12 Pilot Production Boss 302's built for the 2012 MY only the first 5 cars were released to the general public with the last 7 cars destroyed by Ford.

Ford also built 12 TT with only 1 Tooling Tryout Boss 302 released to the public in error and they also produced 44 MP with pretty much all of these Mass Production cars being sold through dealer auctions.

I was also able to find and purchase PP0004 which is the earliest known 2013 Boss 302 as not all pre-production units get sold to the public typically through Manheim Auto Auctions.

Over the years Ford has used numerous chassis number designations for some of their pre-production cars including TT, PP and MP all of which were sold, registered and titled for the street.

The earliest pre-production units were VP cars and typically did not come with a VIN and were destroyed under strict supervision from Ford.

The vehicle in question here is probably an exec car that was built for one of the senior people in Dearborn and if you look at the VIN you will see a different VIN designation for this R model as the pre-production vehicles are have their own VIN series and always differ from the regular production cars.

Also note that the Blend Date is May 2016 which also indicates a very early car and that the chassis number for the R model does not show any designation as being an R model but the Window Sticker confirms that it is a 2 seat R model.

Great color combination IMO and if no issues on an Oasis Report this would be a pretty cool car to own and drive for many years to come.

BTW, the first R model built for the 2017 MY was a GT350R specially built for Jamal Hameedi with his 2017 R being built in February 2016 and had a chassis number of "HR001" and have driven it a good number of miles and it runs terrific and now resides with a great friend of mine.

:sunglasses:

JRoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford, MKIV, RR
And Harry again being a great resource for all of us here!! Kudos to you my friend and thank you!

Sponsored

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
This specific R sold at Manheim this past August and was exclusive for Ford dealers only..... it was also a previous Ford Corporate Fleet (6/13/2016) registered vehicle. Retail price is not bad... not too far away from wholesale. Make a fair offer in-between if I was a buyer...

2017 gt350r manheim.jpg

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

What more info is needed? It’s a genuine PP Shelby.

Per the Dealer’s own ad:
Dealer Notes
Pre-Production car #3! Ordered by Ford and sold to Ford! One of less than 100 units in the pre-production fleet for 2016 and many are believed to be destroyed! This particular car was ordered less radio, air conditioning, and trunk lining! SUPER RARE car even factoring in all of the GT350R's EVER built! More stuff included than a BRAND NEW ONE! Original owners kit (provided because Ford still had it available for this car!), Original Window Sticker, Original numbered key along with two brand new ones in the bag still, Original Car Cover new in the box....even though it was never on the window sticker as an option for this car, Shelby exclusive key chain, CERTIFIED pre-owned 100,000 MILE POWERTRAIN WARRANTY included with a Premium Warranty as well!, Unnumbered dash plaque (almost impossible to get on its own), Original auction documentation stating Fords sale to Russ Milne Ford, All serviced and detailed up. MORE goodies than you can shake a stick at! As RARE as it gets.

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
What more info is needed? It’s a genuine PP Shelby.

Per the Dealer’s own ad:
If in indeed this car is "GR003" which it appears to be this is a very cool car for sure.

Based on the VIN number this car is definitely a "Pilot Production" R model and it would certainly be nice to see a picture of the chassis plate in order to confirm this car as "GR003" but will have to trust the dealer for now.

In addition to being a very early Pilot Production 2016 R model I find it very exciting to find out that this is also one of the very few "Base" R models which was produced through the first 4 MY's and 1 of only 135 cars ever produced prior to the Electronic Package option becoming mandatory as of May 1st, 2018.

Terrific color combination along with being a very early Pilot Production car as well as being a very rare Base R model it doesn't get much better than that for me.

For some of you not familiar with the "Base" R model those cars came with ~15 delete items including AC, radio, speakers, floor mats, sound deadener and the list goes on.

:like::like:

2000mcr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
If in indeed this car is "GR003" which it appears to be this is a very cool car for sure.

Based on the VIN number this car is definitely a "Pilot Production" R model and it would certainly be nice to see a picture of the chassis plate in order to confirm this car as "GR003" but will have to trust the dealer for now.

:like::like:
Information from the selling dealer Russ Milne Ford:

We actually have a blank original dash plaque. Either someone at Ford removed the original or it was never installed. Mr. Milne bought the vehicle directly from Ford. Through Ford Performance you can get a copy of the original window sticker and the original owners package with the certification that this car is PP003 for the cost of $150 which Mr. Milne paid to verify the authenticity of this vehicle.
Sponsored