Sponsored

Pre-Production 2017 GT350R Found For Sale

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Information from the selling dealer Russ Milne Ford:

We actually have a blank original dash plaque. Either someone at Ford removed the original or it was never installed. Mr. Milne bought the vehicle directly from Ford. Through Ford Performance you can get a copy of the original window sticker and the original owners package with the certification that this car is PP003 for the cost of $150 which Mr. Milne paid to verify the authenticity of this vehicle.
Something does not sound right here as someone from Ford removed/or forgot to attach the original chassis number/dash plaque for this car?

No wonder the dealership did not provide a picture of the original chassis number/dash plaque for this "PP" R model on their advertisement.

Window stickers tell you nothing with respect to production numbers and typically FP will not provide a "GT350 Owners Package" for a PP car but things at Ford may of change all of the time.

From my standpoint I would be somewhat concerned about this vehicle!

:sunglasses:
Sponsored

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR070, 2019 Ranger Lariat
Here iscmy question, id these PP vehicles are so desireable, why isnt the dealer advertising them as such? Why is the cost in line with any other standard 350 or 350R?

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
Here iscmy question, id these PP vehicles are so desireable, why isnt the dealer advertising them as such? Why is the cost in line with any other standard 350 or 350R?
Yet another reason @PP0001 is probably correct in his assumptions

PP0029

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350
I own a pre-production 2016 (PP0029). Mine went from Flat Rock to Diversified Service Tech in Romulus, MI to be prepped for Auto Show use. Once its duties were concluded, it went to Manheim Detroit where it was sold to the dealer I purchased it from. He also gave me a few things he collected, including the letter I attached. The letter was on a display with Shelby American featuring a pre-pro 2016R at Carlise.
shelby.jpeg

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I own a pre-production 2016 (PP0029). Mine went from Flat Rock to Diversified Service Tech in Romulus, MI to be prepped for Auto Show use. Once its duties were concluded, it went to Manheim Detroit where it was sold to the dealer I purchased it from. He also gave me a few things he collected, including the letter I attached. The letter was on a display with Shelby American featuring a pre-pro 2016R at Carlise.
shelby.jpeg
Very cool that you own a Pilot Production 2016 R so congratulations and would like to know more about your PP car such a colors, options, mileage, how long that you have owned it, etc.:like::like:

If it is a rare Base R model it is 1 of 64 Base R's produced for 2016 and 1 of 16 cars in SB.

Ford built 95 Pre-Production GT350/R's for the 2016 MY with your car being one of them.

As you mentioned after assembly at the FRAP your car was shipped some 20 miles away to DST who is the marketing arm for Ford after which time DST pretty much takes control and ownership of these vehicles typically for a pre determined period of time and then schedule these vehicles at various media, track and car events.

I have attached pictures of PP0001 and PP0002 which were 2012 Boss 302 PP cars with the 2 seat LS going on the auto show circuit starting in January 2011 such as Los Angeles and San Francisco and with the 4 seat PW Boss 302 heading out on the NASCAR Xperience Tour also starting in January 2011 with that car attending 16 NASCAR races that same year starting in Daytona and ending in Homestead.

Both of these Boss 302 cars were on display together at the BJ auction in Scottsdale in January 2011 and then went their separate ways for a couple of years after which time I found both of them 6 months apart as they were both sitting in South Carolina and owned these cars for a total of ~10 years combined.

What were the chances of both of these Boss 302 cars being sold by Manheim in Detroit after a couple of years and then later ending up in South Carolina 6 months apart and then being put back together again after many miles and events!

Cool letter signed by Gary Patterson the President from SA as just spent a bunch of time with him this past weekend in LV.

The letter that you posted is for "PP0001" which is a 2016 Shadow Black R model and the VIN ending in "G5200165" with Ford using that vehicle at many events including the BJ auction in Connecticut in recent years.

A very cool car and the first Pilot Production R model ever to be assembled by Ford as they did not produce any 2015 PP cars therefore this car is very rare as well.

Not sure what you know about your Pilot Production R model and maybe you already have got a great deal of history on your car but if not just shoot me a PM and I will try to put you in touch with a contact that I have at DST as they typically keep good records for all of the cars that they take responsibility for and hopefully they can provide you with some cool details on where and when your car was in 2016.

Hope to hear more about your R!

:)
DSCF0745.JPG
PP0001 25.jpg
PP0002 039.jpg
PP0001 - 1.jpg

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Something does not sound right here as someone from Ford removed/or forgot to attach the original chassis number/dash plaque for this car?

No wonder the dealership did not provide a picture of the original chassis number/dash plaque for this "PP" R model on their advertisement.

Window stickers tell you nothing with respect to production numbers and typically FP will not provide a "GT350 Owners Package" for a PP car but things at Ford may of change all of the time.

From my standpoint I would be somewhat concerned about this vehicle!

:sunglasses:

Excluding the dash plaque, does the Shelby have any other attached body BUC tag, body plate OR engraving of the VIN or build number anywhere on the car (ie: hidden)?

For instance prior Mustangs used to have the BUC tags. These were either affixed to the front radiator support by industrial staples, screws or tack welds. Usually would be located behind the driver side headlamp assembly and in order to see it, one would have to look down past that assembly or at the actual rad core support. The BUC would contain the last 6 digits of the VIN, as well as quite a bit of other coding that would correlate to the vehicle’s color, build dating, options, etc.

What about the Marti reports - there was a thread on this site where S550 owners were getting Martis for their S550’s. IMO, a Marti is irrelevant for a standard S550 Mustang, but for any of the special builds, Shelby’s, etc of course a Marti may be worthwhile doc to own. Do the current Martis contain the Dash Plaque number for authentic verification (since Martis are based on VIN)?

I’m just as curious as most, if this Shelby does have the Pedigree as noted (docs, etc), how come the Dealer’s price is not reflecting the rarity?

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Excluding the dash plaque, does the Shelby have any other attached body BUC tag, body plate OR engraving of the VIN or build number anywhere on the car (ie: hidden)?

For instance prior Mustangs used to have the BUC tags. These were either affixed to the front radiator support by industrial staples, screws or tack welds. Usually would be located behind the driver side headlamp assembly and in order to see it, one would have to look down past that assembly or at the actual rad core support. The BUC would contain the last 6 digits of the VIN, as well as quite a bit of other coding that would correlate to the vehicle’s color, build dating, options, etc.

What about the Marti reports - there was a thread on this site where S550 owners were getting Martis for their S550’s. IMO, a Marti is irrelevant for a standard S550 Mustang, but for any of the special builds, Shelby’s, etc of course a Marti may be worthwhile doc to own. Do the current Martis contain the Dash Plaque number for authentic verification (since Martis are based on VIN)?

I’m just as curious as most, if this Shelby does have the Pedigree as noted (docs, etc), how come the Dealer’s price is not reflecting the rarity?
Unfortunately no BUC tag that I am aware of with the only place that the chassis number being indicated is the passenger dash area.

I am not aware that Kevin Marti has access to the chassis number dash plaque numbers but do not know that for sure.

I do understand that a log is kept at the FRAP as to what chassis numbers are applied to what cars but not really sure who has access to that information.

With respect to the particular vehicle in question I am not sure what provenance that is presently comes with but based on another post it is my understanding that the chassis plaque for this vehicle is missing which would certainly have a negative effect on the selling price of this vehicle.

I see this no different than a Pilot Production 2012 Boss 302 that I came across a few weeks ago that seems to be 1 of the 7 PP that were crushed but this Boss car still seems to exist based on the VIN as I have copies of all of the WS for the 12 cars produced in October 2010.

Unfortunately somewhere along the way the intake manifold on this 2012 Boss had been replaced thus the chassis plaque went along with it as well which really destroys the provenance of the car.

:)

OP
OP

S650D&R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
multiple
Wow, I missed that one! Beautiful car and only 1,600 miles to boot.

I own a pre-production 2016 (PP0029). Mine went from Flat Rock to Diversified Service Tech in Romulus, MI to be prepped for Auto Show use. Once its duties were concluded, it went to Manheim Detroit where it was sold to the dealer I purchased it from. He also gave me a few things he collected, including the letter I attached. The letter was on a display with Shelby American featuring a pre-pro 2016R at Carlise. ]
Very cool! I've never seen cars come with the history as a pre-production vehicle. Feel free to post up some pictures, I'm sure everyone would like to see it :like:

2011gt350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt350
This information would also be help full.
Did anyone happen to find out what the dealer paid? Seems like a high asking price but maybe not depending on what they had to pay.

OP
OP

S650D&R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
multiple
This specific R sold at Manheim this past August and was exclusive for Ford dealers only..... it was also a previous Ford Corporate Fleet (6/13/2016) registered vehicle. Retail price is not bad... not too far away from wholesale. Make a fair offer in-between if I was a buyer...

2017 gt350r manheim.jpg
Did anyone happen to find out what the dealer paid? Seems like a high asking price but maybe not depending on what they had to pay.
It was listed previously in this post, $51.6k. However they've dropped the asking price to $54.5k....man I wish I could scoop this one up!

Sponsored

2011gt350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt350
It was listed previously in this post, $51.6k. However they've dropped the asking price to $54.5k....man I wish I could scoop this one up!
Sorry I was referring to the red 2016r at I believe Russ Milne Ford
sorry was referring to the red 2016 r at Russ Milne Ford...I think it was number 3.

2000mcr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Sorry I was referring to the red 2016r at I believe Russ Milne Ford

sorry was referring to the red 2016 r at Russ Milne Ford...I think it was number 3.
I've been in contact with the dealership about this car. The dash plaque is missing, but the Ford Certification they have says the car is GR003.
$64,995 is the current price. The owner is currently firm on the price as he believes it is a Pre-Production car even though none of the paperwork they have provided me says pre-production.
Certification.jpg

2011gt350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt350
I've been in contact with the dealership about this car. The dash plaque is missing, but the Ford Certification they have says the car is GR003.
$64,995 is the current price. The owner is currently firm on the price as he believes it is a Pre-Production car even though none of the paperwork they have provided me says pre-production.
Certification.jpg
Interesting maybe that is one of the reasons it has not sold. They are probably asking much more than the purchase price...if that is uncovered it may shed more light on what the car is really worth to someone

ehells

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I ended up buying the car. I searched for the placard number and found this thread. The dealer told me that the car was used at car shows and possibly track/media events. I was a bit hesitant at first knowing it was probably driven hard, but it is in great condition and still under warranty. The original (60's) GT350 was always my dream car as a kid, and I have wanted a new GT350 since they were first announced. I had planned on buying a new one in the spring, but this one popped up and I had to have it. I never expected to buy a R, but I am really glad I held out for this one.
IMG_0829.jpeg

ManyfordsnoMustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT convertible Magnetic 10 spd auto loaded; '04 Maruader SC, 1970 442 W30 Convertible, 2014 Fusion Energi
congrats, great looking car - you will have a ball with it.
Sponsored