Pre cut window tint kits

s550_from_NJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
Anyone have any experience with it ? I usually go to my local guy but he is booked solid for months and wanted to give it a try.... I recently did the windows in my house and figured I can do my car as well...???!!!

I see a few websites but not sure who to go with so I figured I'd ask. Just wondering if anyone had a "go to" website. Thanks
Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
My tint guy still had to use a heat gun to give it the proper curvature. He did that placing it on the outside first, just like if he was installing it on the inside (sprayed with his soapy water). Then use the heatgun, and once shaped to the window, proceeds to peel off the protective layer, and install it on the inside. You'd also have to determine how it was cut, to see how close to the window edge you can install it, while still having enough film under the gasket at the bottom. I honestly wouldn't attempt it, but maybe you feel more confident than I would. Ha ha. Good luck.

OP
OP
s550_from_NJ

s550_from_NJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
My tint guy still had to use a heat gun to give it the proper curvature. He did that placing it on the outside first, just like if he was installing it on the inside (sprayed with his soapy water). Then use the heatgun, and once shaped to the window, proceeds to peel off the protective layer, and install it on the inside. You'd also have to determine how it was cut, to see how close to the window edge you can install it, while still having enough film under the gasket at the bottom. I honestly wouldn't attempt it, but maybe you feel more confident than I would. Ha ha. Good luck.
Yeah I’m pretty good at it...not the best but I can definitely handle it. Was just wondering if anyone had experience with any kits sold online but after I called some of the websites...none offer a windshield option
Sponsored