Sponsored

PPQ - Mustang themed number plates

50ALM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
This is a call to action for all Queenslanders who would like Mustang themed number plates.

These are already available in NSW and Victoria, but we are 1 hour and 20 years behind up here in the Banana Republic.

Vic.JPG

NSW.JPG

I contacted PPQ on the phone today, and was told if I email the request for Mustang themed plates, it would be passed onto their Marketing dept for consideration.

One guy making a request, me, is just a pain in the ass.
100's of Mustang owners (current or potential) asking for this, and it becomes hard for PPQ to ignore.

Aside from including the screen shots above, I did point out that the all-new MY24 Mustang would become available in Australia later this year, with a link to the Ford AU website.

PPQ already offer USA regular sized plates (305 x 155), so they have the tooling to stamp these out.

I also pointed out that Mustang owners like to spend money and customise their cars.

The response I received was favorable;

24 Jan 2023, 13:59 GMT+10

Hi Adam,

Thanks again for your call today.

As mentioned, I will pass this info on to one of our marketing team members with your expression of interest in this design. Given the new vehicle launch you mentioned, this could be a really good option for us to add to our index of plate designs!

Thanks again for your call, please let us know if we can help with anything else.

Kind regards,

The PPQ Team
Even if you have an existing custom plate, for a nominal fee, you can change the design.

If you would like to see this become an option, contact PPQ and express your interest in Mustang themed number plates.

The more that make the effort to request this, the more likely it is to happen.

email address to send your expression of interest:

[email protected]
Sponsored

TTT12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
MY22.25 High Performance Mustang
They might already have this in the pipeline. Which could explain why my caption I wanted was rejected. I wasn’t allowed to use the word “Mustang”

OP
OP
50ALM

50ALM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
They might already have this in the pipeline. Which could explain why my caption I wanted was rejected. I wasn’t allowed to use the word “Mustang”
"Mustang" was rejected from the caption because of it being a trademark and there is no mechansim in place to pay a licensing fee for the use of that word in their products.

Have a look at the VIC description

Capture2.JPG

And there's this

Capture.JPG

Capture3.JPG

Source:
https://corporate.ford.com/about/br... and,follow the submission instructions below.

No offence to anyone, but bottom line, slimline and/or colour plates can be fitted to any car, so there's nothing particularly special about them. (I've been mulling over a set of slimline white on black plates myself!)

Folks, a Mustang themed number in QLD will only happen if you make the effort and contact PPQ requesting this type of plate.

Let's make this happen!

Contact email:
[email protected]

TTT12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
MY22.25 High Performance Mustang
"Mustang" was rejected from the caption because of it being a trademark and there is no mechansim in place to pay a licensing fee for the use of that word in their products.

Have a look at the VIC description

Capture2.JPG

And there's this

Capture.JPG

Capture3.JPG

Source:
https://corporate.ford.com/about/brands/licensing.html#:~:text=Ford Motor Company trademarks and,follow the submission instructions below.

No offence to anyone, but bottom line, slimline and/or colour plates can be fitted to any car, so there's nothing particularly special about them. (I've been mulling over a set of slimline white on black plates myself!)

Folks, a Mustang themed number in QLD will only happen if you make the effort and contact PPQ requesting this type of plate.

Let's make this happen!

Contact email:
[email protected]
That is some awesome info. Thank you.
Sponsored