Sponsored

PPI in Huston

D_cow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTI 2017 GT350R HR437 Radio Delete
Looking to purchase a new GT350 in Huston but before putting down a deposit I would like to do a PPI on the vehicle for obvious reasons. Anyone have a good mechanic in the area that could look into the car to make sure it is all good?

thanks!
Sponsored

v-man

Still Plays With Cars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt 350 LB Black stripe
I can see looking car over for shipping or paint damage but take it for test ride check the fluids go over the new vehicle delivery checklist with service writer and drive it?

ttn27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350R
Looking to purchase a new GT350 in Huston but before putting down a deposit I would like to do a PPI on the vehicle for obvious reasons. Anyone have a good mechanic in the area that could look into the car to make sure it is all good?

thanks!
why do you need a ppi on a new GT350? may be for cosmetic reason and not for mechanic reason?

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
On a new GT350 this makes no sense to me either. The op did say new and not used in the original post.

Sponsored

mephim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track (gone), 2019 GT350 (gone)

thanks!
I read "obvious reasons" as flood damage, given the car is in Houston.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am in Houston and very few dealerships got cars flooded but some did. You would think the Shelby would have rated for a few days on the lift but then again the F series Platinum and King Ranch trucks sell for more $$$$$$. I highly doubt a Ford dealership would sell a flooded out GT350 but you never know. Easy enough to figure out if it was flooded out. Not hard to know which dealerships flooded and which did not if you live here.

OP
OP
D_cow

D_cow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

thanks!
Flooding/ mold is what I am worried about from the hurricane. Won't have the chance to look the car over before it is shipped so thought a $150- $200 PPI could save a lot of hassle

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flooding/ mold is what I am worried about from the hurricane. Won't have the chance to look the car over before it is shipped so thought a $150- $200 PPI could save a lot of hassle
I'll drive my Shelby over there and look at it and let you know. Send me the info on the car. They close in an hour and it will take me 20 mins to get there. Like I need an excuse to drive the Shelby and look at another. LOL.

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
I used http://lemonsquad.com/ before I bought a viper in Los Angeles. Funny thing was I ordered the inspection by 10am, within a couple hours someone was already inspecting it and I had a report by 4pm. Guess if youre an inspector you want to jump on the fun cars quick instead of the usual boring ones. The inspector went to the dealer where it was being sold at, I notified the salesman an inspector was coming over. Whole thing was painless. Another funny thing was I was filling out a $190 exotic car inspection order, when I entered the car make in it defaulted to a $140 "regular" car inspection like any old dirty used Dodge would get. Guy took pictures of everything and had it in the report, car was in good shape.

But Im sure the good folks in Houston can take a look for you.

Sponsored

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I saw a new 350 advertised at $4K off MSRP at a dealer in Iowa earlier this week.......unless you're getting a crazy deal (which would worry me too), I'd look for another car. There are a lot of them for sale and I can't imagine any, reputable dealer not being willing to nego with a serious buyer right now.

mike.s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU, 2018 GT350
I saw a new 350 advertised at $4K off MSRP at a dealer in Iowa earlier this week.......unless you're getting a crazy deal (which would worry me too), I'd look for another car. There are a lot of them for sale and I can't imagine any, reputable dealer not being willing to nego with a serious buyer right now.
i know with a lot of the cars advertised below msrp is a different story when you call. i ran into this several times, and even was told on one occasion the car was reserved for me. then got a call back 15 mins later telling me sorry but nope

OP
OP
D_cow

D_cow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks guys Huston Kid is going to check it out for me.

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
i know with a lot of the cars advertised below msrp is a different story when you call. i ran into this several times, and even was told on one occasion the car was reserved for me. then got a call back 15 mins later telling me sorry but nope
I get that and agree. When I was interested in a Boss 302 back in '12, I can't count how many dealers advertised one below MSRP and then crawfished when I contacted them. That being said, the GT350 is in the 3rd model year and I think most of the deals are legit.....my main point was that if you think you need a PPI on a brand new car, you likely need to look elsewhere.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm headed to check it out.
Sponsored