Sponsored

PPF on top of matte stripes

Praehotec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 mustang, 2017 GT350R
I remember people discussing how best to address the matte stripes on the R models when applying PPF. I just got my car back from having PPF and CQuartz applied, so I thought I would share what it looks like in case anyone just getting their R models is curious what the result is of covering them. My installer did a custom job and put SunTek ultra on the car, but used XPEL stealth over the matte stripes. The work looks incredible and I can barely find the lines even when looking for them. We will see how the lines hold up over time as they get dirty, are cleaned, etc., but for now it looks awesome. Huge thank you to SunCap Auto Tint and Premier Auto Detailing in Spring, TX!!
DSC_0807.jpg
DSC_0798 (2).jpg
DSC_0799 (2).jpg
DSC_0802 (2).jpg
DSC_0808.jpg
Sponsored

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Gorgeous. I really want to do this but can't stomach the cost right now. Do you mind if I ask how much you spent?

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Love that color combo.

ttn27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350R
Looks awsome and congrats. Did you do the entire car or just the full front and do you mind telling us what is the cost since I am in your area and is currently also looking for an installer locally?
Is Xpel stealth the matte film? Why did you pick Suntek ultra over Xpel ultimate?

OP
OP

Praehotec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks awsome and congrats. Did you do the entire car or just the full front and do you mind telling us what is the cost since I am in your area and is currently also looking for an installer locally?
Is Xpel stealth the matte film? Why did you pick Suntek ultra over Xpel ultimate?
Thank you everyone!

Yes, Xpel stealth is the matte film.

I went with SunTek because both of the detailers who seemed most recommended in the area both prefer it over XPEL. They felt SunTek is more transparent, and one of them seemed to feel that XPEL tends try getting out of warranty claims whenever possible (I don't know how true that is or not). At any rate, everyone says to use what the installer you trust most uses, so that is what I did.

The whole car got PPF and CQuartz. Before getting this done, I looked at a few local places. The two I actually got quotes from asked approximately $6700 and the other $9000.

I actually went with the more expensive one as they did a complete custom job. Trim was removed and as many lines hidden as possible. They hand polished and coated everything, even the lug nuts!! :eyebulge:Their work came highly recommended from several sources. I have never done this to a car, so I will see how it holds up over time, but the installation was flawless!

I remember the decision to cover the stripes was a big question for me, so I wanted to let anyone else thinking of this what the finished product looks like.

Sponsored

Etchhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350R
Looks incredible.
Quite to opposite of that Prius in the garage to drive I bet!

derand

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.derand.com
First Name
Derand
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, C8, R8 V10 Gated, Golf R APR, 19 GT350
I remember people discussing how best to address the matte stripes on the R models when applying PPF. I just got my car back from having PPF and CQuartz applied, so I thought I would share what it looks like in case anyone just getting their R models is curious what the result is of covering them. My installer did a custom job and put SunTek ultra on the car, but used XPEL stealth over the matte stripes. The work looks incredible and I can barely find the lines even when looking for them. We will see how the lines hold up over time as they get dirty, are cleaned, etc., but for now it looks awesome. Huge thank you to SunCap Auto Tint and Premier Auto
Detailing in Spring, TX!!

That's what we do the same way XPEL Ultimate and stealth or Suntek ultra and Suntek Ultra Matte. Looks Great!!!!

derand

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.derand.com
First Name
Derand
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, C8, R8 V10 Gated, Golf R APR, 19 GT350
I remember people discussing how best to address the matte stripes on the R models when applying PPF. I just got my car back from having PPF and CQuartz applied, so I thought I would share what it looks like in case anyone just getting their R models is curious what the result is of covering them. My installer did a custom job and put SunTek ultra on the car, but used XPEL stealth over the matte stripes. The work looks incredible and I can barely find the lines even when looking for them. We will see how the lines hold up over time as they get dirty, are cleaned, etc., but for now it looks awesome. Huge thank you to SunCap Auto Tint and Premier Auto Detailing in Spring, TX!!
Where did you get that plate bracket?

OP
OP

Praehotec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Where did you get that plate bracket?
The license plate holder is ZL1 addons tow hook receiver with their license plate holder attached instead of the tow hook.

Dtmaso

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1965 Cobra 427S/C; Jeep Commander
Freakin' BEAUTIFUL!

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
So the glossy part of the matte stripes (red pinstripe), did you just stealth over the red Too? That's how I left it with my xpel installer. Yours loola good