The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Hey all. Maybe you saw in the other thread and maybe not. Just picked up a 2022 EG Mach 1 on Sunday. My current GT is not PPF but I do believe I’m going to do it to this one. I was trying to search California threads only but I don’t think there’s a way to do that so I will ask the question again. I apologize if it’s been asked 100 times. Any highly recommended PPF installers in Southern Cal. I know Dave asked in a different thread in the cosmetic area, and got no responses. Thanks.
Sponsored

Rael

Grateful Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Not PPF, but I had polymer paint protection applied by Lavaggio in Agoura. (See lavaggio.net.)

OP
OP
The Demon

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I’ll check that out. What is the difference?

SubSolar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500
Just had my new GT500 done at Wrap Legacy https://www.yelp.com/biz/wrap-legacy-upland-2
$4500 for full body Xpel, I paid $600 more for the Xpel Fusion. I've never really had it done before so I'm not sure how well they did compared to others. They said to take it back in 2 weeks later to remove any bubbles or anything like that, that will be next week. The other places I checked wanted $2-4K more and this place had just as good reviews so I went for it. $8K+ that some places wanted is a lot, I may have just stuck with ceramic coating or maybe done front only PPF if that were the best price I could find.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE

Sponsored

OP
OP
The Demon

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
https://www.clear-pro.com/

They have done PPF on 7 of my cars - I think its fair to say I trust them
Hey, quick question on the PPF since you have quite a bit of experience with it with seven cars done. This car is just gonna be a weekend warrior or a bi-weekend warrior to cars and coffees and maybe a trip to Temecula for wine country. I was thinking of only doing the front end PPF. Hood and front. do you think that’s a bad idea? It’s just so expensive the PPF that I’m trying to save a little money.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Hey, quick question on the PPF since you have quite a bit of experience with it with seven cars done. This car is just gonna be a weekend warrior or a bi-weekend warrior to cars and coffees and maybe a trip to Temecula for wine country. I was thinking of only doing the front end PPF. Hood and front. do you think that’s a bad idea? It’s just so expensive the PPF that I’m trying to save a little money.
First of all, don't skimp - you have a cool car and should protect it. That said, I'd recommend whole hood, whole front end, whole front fenders, side mirrors, rocker panels, lower edge of doors, A pillars, front edge of roof, a big patch in front of the rear wheels to the rear edge of the doors, patch behind rear wheels, small patch under your Mach 1 logo on the trunk, and a patch on the gas door.

The few extra bucks are worth it.

OP
OP
The Demon

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
First of all, don't skimp - you have a cool car and should protect it. That said, I'd recommend whole hood, whole front end, whole front fenders, side mirrors, rocker panels, lower edge of doors, A pillars, front edge of roof, a big patch in front of the rear wheels to the rear edge of the doors, patch behind rear wheels, small patch under your Mach 1 logo on the trunk, and a patch on the gas door.

The few extra bucks are worth it.
Thanks for that. I’m going to get a quote.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)