Sponsored

PP2 Suspension Ride Height is Uneven

bigmixx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium PP2
Quick question, so I noticed that the ride height on my car is uneven. It's about an inch higher on the passenger side. Front and rear. I'm not sure if the issue if the driver side is correct and the passenger side is high or the passenger side is correct and driver side is low. I have a 2020 PP2 with mag ride so was just curious if this is normal or do I need to have the dealer look at it. I've had the a little over 2 months and just noticed this. I'll get a couple pics but I did the finger test and I can get 3 fingers between the tire and fender on the passenger side but only 2 on the driver side.
Sponsored

OP
OP
bigmixx

bigmixx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium PP2
After taking the pics it’s closer to a half inch but definitely noticeable.

863C6469-BFAB-4CFE-B564-601689500E73.jpeg

0824245B-9304-497A-B3F7-FED28BD14F7B.jpeg

OP
OP
bigmixx

bigmixx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium PP2
Better take it back to the dealer immediately, that looks like a very serious problem.

It also looks like you do not know how use a tape measure
Thanks for the info. I'll make an appointment asap.

Sponsored

Albertcado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd
Thanks for the info. I'll make an appointment asap.
any update on this? My stock rear wheel gap is uneven. passenger rear wheel gap is 1/4 inch higher and I have no idea why, car rides fine though.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
These are mass produced cars, my car is off by 1/8 of an inch from drivers side to passenger side. BTW, I think RapidRed is being sarcastic with you. Are you?:D

MD18EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
I don't believe your measuring technique, as pictured here, is going to be very accurate. Also, when I saw you said your measurements were off by an inch, and then you said it was only one finger width difference, I was like dang, dude's got some giant fingers! 😂

MD18EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
any update on this? My stock rear wheel gap is uneven. passenger rear wheel gap is 1/4 inch higher and I have no idea why, car rides fine though.
Ok, old post, but you dug it up. Quarter inch? Nothing to worry about, IMO!

Sponsored

Albertcado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd

MD18EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
OoOo i actually read some of this thread before, what was the main conclusion?
My conclusion was that the difference was too slight to worry about. I also thought it through and realized there are far too many areas where tolerances come into play. Otherwise, the car rides and handles just fine, so I'm happy. 👍🏼

Albertcado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd
My conclusion was that the difference was too slight to worry about. I also thought it through and realized there are far too many areas where tolerances come into play. Otherwise, the car rides and handles just fine, so I'm happy. 👍🏼
Yea i hear ya, im going to have my bushings reclocked in the rears on my stock suspension and if that doesn't improve the gap difference I'm planning on just saying f it and lowering the car again

OP
OP
bigmixx

bigmixx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium PP2
So, might be some folks here yanking your chain, because (I don't know this for sure) you kind of sound like a newb. No offense if you're not, but at some point we all were. Anyhow, I learned a thing or two when I posted this thread.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/my-car-is-crooked.161793/
Yeah I knew the guy wasn't taking me serious and I just played along LOL. I do have large hands but I tried to show the difference as best I could. It's still sitting uneven but I'm not overly concerned about it. It rides fine so I'm ok with it for now. I just noticed it when I made the post so thought I would ask.

OP
OP
bigmixx

bigmixx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium PP2
Nothing new. It's still uneven but I'm not concerned about it anymore.
Sponsored