PP2 STO N SHO - No Drill Plate Option Available Now

Infidex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT w/ Tremor Package (PP2)
I picked up my PP2 back in January, I was the first person to purchase one and bought one of the early production builds done in Nov 2017 that shipped to a couple dealers in Jan this year. Been looking for a no drill option for the PP2 ever since, so I reached out to BigMikesPerformanceParts who makes the STO N SHO in February and gave him dimensions to build a version for us PP2 guys. They made a prototype from the measurements I provided and test fit it to a local car in California, and all was good. They sent these out for production and will have them ready to ship in about a week. They have it up on their site to order for you PP2 guys that want/need one. I asked to keep the mounting plate thin to keep good clearance, so keep in mind picture may not match final product, they just put this up so people could start ordering. I'm not affiliated with BigMike's, nor do I receive anything from sharing this, just want to share as I had a hand in helping get this going for us PP2 guys as there are no no-drill options for us. Even the other no drill option company out there doesn't make anything for 2018 mustangs yet. Will post picks when I get mine in and mounted. It will use the two screws in the center to mount under the splitter.

http://bigmikesperformanceparts.com/2018-ford-mustang-gt-with-performance-pack-2-sns135c/
Sponsored

kart3l

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'Mustang Ecoboost PP
Just to warn any one out there. I put this on my Mustang, and the bolts are all rusted out - I cannot remove the license plate anymore.

control4userguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
...I asked to keep the mounting plate thin to keep good clearance...[/url]
You asked to use thinner metal? Are we talking about the plate under the car? This thing hits the pavement as it is! The rods take the beating but it's the plate that keeps the thing on the car.

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
Almost 2 years driving with no front plate on and the cops don’t care.

I have it in the glove box just in case and if I get pulled over I’ll whip that thing out ant put it on the dash. Come to think of it, I did get pulled over one time. I whipped out the license plate and plopped it on the dash and the cop didn’t say anything about the license plate.

OP
OP

Infidex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
You asked to use thinner metal? Are we talking about the plate under the car? This thing hits the pavement as it is! The rods take the beating but it's the plate that keeps the thing on the car.
Flat plate not necessarily thin. The boxier version takes up more space than the flat plate. With the points on the splitter, a flat plate should not easily scrape or drag.

Sponsored

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
Almost 2 years driving with no front plate on and the cops don’t care.

I have it in the glove box just in case and if I get pulled over I’ll whip that thing out ant put it on the dash. Come to think of it, I did get pulled over one time. I whipped out the license plate and plopped it on the dash and the cop didn’t say anything about the license plate.
That's exactly what I plan to do.

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
I've gotten numerous parking tickets in my 2010 mustang for no front plates. Last year I got pulled over 2 times by local Sherriffs for having no front plates on my Miata. Needless to say, I rigged something up for my Miata and put a Sto n Sho on my 2017 Mustang.

It's great that those who posted no problems have cops that dont care, but it just depends on the cops. The plate on the dash doesn't work here in Ohio.

OP
OP

Infidex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
I've gotten numerous parking tickets in my 2010 mustang for no front plates. Last year I got pulled over 2 times by local Sherriffs for having no front plates on my Miata. Needless to say, I rigged something up for my Miata and put a Sto n Sho on my 2017 Mustang.

It's great that those who posted no problems have cops that dont care, but it just depends on the cops. The plate on the dash doesn't work here in Ohio.
Personally can’t wait to get mine in, feel like a cop magnet with orange Fury paint and ai also drive it like I stole it everywhere ai go. No plate would just add to the pain of the speeding ticket I will get one day. Extra 200 for no plate.

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
Yep. It gives them a reason to pull you over.

Sponsored

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy

Interesting.

Could be a Ohio thing ? Also Grabber Blue sticks out. My Black car kinda goes under the radar so to speak kinda sorta. I also have stock exhaust so They don’t hear me.

gbgreen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Manual V6 Mustang Coupe

I was going to say the same thing. I have a brother-in-law that is a retired NYS Trooper. It depends a lot on the basic attitude of the officer, the type of day/week/month they are having, and - of course - the driver's attitude toward the officer.

Unfortunately, I had an "official interaction" with one of Ohio's peace officers a number of years ago when working for Skip Barber Racing at one of their Racing Series events at Mid-Ohio. Caught me on radar (might have been laser, before I got a laser-capable Valentine One) on a rural portion of Route 30 outside of Mansfield (divided highway, no traffic, still light out, I think it was 12 over the posted limit). All business, by the book. I was polite and respectful. I am a non-drinker, non-smoker, non-drug user, so there was no alcohol (or any other mind-altering substance) involved. No warning, just the ticket. I am not complaining. I was speeding. He got me. I'm just backing up soldier989's point. Be aware of your location.

If I end up getting a PPL2, I'll be getting one of these.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
I'm lucky enough to live on the Missouri/Kansas border. Kansas doesn't require a front plate, so the Missouri cops see plenty of cars with no front plates and don't really watch for it much that I can tell. I keep my front plate in a plastic bag so I can just toss it on the dash if I have to. Displaying on the dash is legal in Missouri. I've done this for the last 20 years and have not even been questioned one time. Hopefully I didn't just jinx myself.

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
My 2010 was white and my Miata is also white, also very low key colors. My GB has a Sto n Sho, I will not risk it with a color that sticks out like a sore thumb.

I know the feeling green. Ohio is tough with the amount of cops we have on the freeways. They're also pretty serious about laws. I prefer to keep my money in my bank account, and not feed the city anymore than I have to. Play it safe, know your surroundings, that's the key :-)

control4userguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
Ohio is tough and always has been. I'm from Michigan and everytime I crossed over into Toledo on I-75 there they were in the grass "taking pictures".
Sponsored