Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
There’s no need to incorporate caps or foolishness into this conversation. “Have you ever been to a track?” You’re getting emotional now. Please leave that kind of discourse out of our communications.
If you take that as an insult, that shows who is really getting emotional here. If you don't understand the idea that tires can completely transform a car's lap time, then it's not very evident that you're very big on road racing
Putting track tires on a car that is going to a track and street tires on a car that’s mainly on the street is not a “mod” on the same level as an e85 tune. It’s common sense and practice. You yourself even verify that by what you’ve said above about having two sets of rims. You’re basically arguing that a car you haven’t driven might or must be faster than another car (you also haven’t driven?) in you’re imagination — while questioning if I’ve been to a track. Have you driven a pp2? A gt350? At a track? How many guys at that track running OEM rubber? Would you if you had a gt350? Does it really matter that ford put street rubber on a 350 and track compound on a pp2 in your mind? Stop paper racing and take some real world consideration to your justifications of your future purchase.Is it something that comes from factory? No. That makes it a modification. yes, I have another set of wheels. That doesn't verify anything but the fact that I don't find a need to daily drive on a 305 tire. And you're arguing that a car you haven't driven is slower than another car, what's the difference? (yes, I have driven a GT350 at Nurburgring on OEM everything, thus why I want one so bad). Asking if you've been to a track was simply inquiring about your understanding of the effect that tires have on a car. If you take it as more then that, then it sounds like a personal problem, and not relevant in this conversation. Yes, it does matter that ford put R compound on a PP2, because last time I checked, we're talking about stock performance. If you want to talk about changing components to be faster, then you can change plenty on a standard GT to be WAY faster than a GT350 at a lower price point. It's really a moot point. I am taking real world justification into account, but maybe if you could put your biases aside, you could see that it is actually a lot more realistic than you seem to think
in red
Sponsored

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Enjoy your imagination dude. You are so far removed from reality in this conversation that you think a manufacturer putting street tires on a faster car and track compound on a slower car means the slower car is faster. I don't know how else to communicate to you the rabbit hole of marketing you're stuck in now. Have a great day.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Warranty support?
Generally there's no warranty on FP parts. Specifically, there definitely is no warranty on the cooler parts they offer for the GT350.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Generally there's no warranty on FP parts. Specifically, there definitely is no warranty on the cooler parts they offer for the GT350.
If FP will sell you and bolt-on a supercharger and warranty it, why not a cooler?

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Enjoy your imagination dude. You are so far removed from reality in this conversation that you think a manufacturer putting street tires on a faster car and track compound on a slower car means the slower car is faster. I don't know how else to communicate to you the rabbit hole of marketing you're stuck in now. Have a great day.
Just as I figured, no sensible contribution, simply deflection on the basis of lacking knowledge. If you want to have an actual conversation, send me a PM and we can talk about it.

Sponsored

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Just as I figured, no sensible contribution, simply deflection on the basis of lacking knowledge. If you want to have an actual conversation, send me a PM and we can talk about it.
No sensible contribution? Deflection? Come on man. Don't be ridiculous. Your fantasy land argument is based on paper. Mine is based in reality. You get no PMs when you speak so ignorantly publicly.

Facts are the motor in the GT has a lower output than the motor in the GT350, the weight differences are negligible, the gearing is somewhat negligible. There's no disputing that.

So what does Ford do to make the GT appear fast on paper? Put some wide track compound on that thing and give it some of the suspension goodies from the Shelby.

And, for you, that now means - again on paper - that oh the PP2 is as fast or faster than a stock GT350. It's foolish of you to be sold so easily.

The GT350 doesn't have cup2s because the R does. Anyone going to a track to seriously flex their vehicle - whatever vehicle that is - is going to use tires suited to the event. That's common sense. Your refusal to embrace it doesn't make your argument stronger - it just makes your bias more apparent.

I'm simply asking you to use common sense and stop drinking the marketing kool-aid if you're actually trying to make an intelligent argument about which car is truly faster.

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
[MENTION=30808]MrCincinnati[/MENTION] climb out of the stupidity vortex and let them bench race like high schoolers.

See you all on track, right? Nah...
Speaking of tracks -

I see you're in cbus. There's a couple porsche club events at mid ohio this year I'll be at - June and September I believe. Let me know if you're interested and I'll send you info.

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Speaking of tracks -

I see you're in cbus. There's a couple porsche club events at mid ohio this year I'll be at - June and September I believe. Let me know if you're interested and I'll send you info.
Absolutely send it over. I usually do a combo of porsche, audi and scca events. Planning on about 6 days this season, plus autocross.

AMChief5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chief
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black GT Premium w/ PP
:popcorn:

Sponsored

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
Tires can make a noticeable difference. Look at Camaro SS vs 1LE, C7 GS vs Stingray, etc. Yes, there is more than just tire at play (other suspension mods) but the same is true of PP2. Ford's own internal testing shows a substantial improvement on a tight technical track.