PP2 OWNER EXPERIENCES - RAVES/QUIRKS

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I didn't know that MT82 update, thanks! So far so smooth, will see when I push it on track come January. I turned off the rev-match prefer to heel-toe myself, but really don't like the pedal placements so far. I'll be easy on that tranny though, hopefully won't get any grinds.
I installed the Steeda shifter bushing bracket kit on mine and it really smoothed out those shifts. No missed/locked out shifts from 2 to 3 any longer. Well worth the $85. Also, I change my diff fluid to royal purple and wrapped both pipes (3 layers) in the diff area and my diff temps dropped 10 to 20 degrees on the track and street.
Sponsored

nameuser

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP2, 1969 Chevelle
Vehicle Showcase
I did have my PCM replaced, and there was a performance add in the programming is not in the PP1. I have since moved on to the Ford Performance tune and that really woke up the engine in all three driving modes. Working at a Ford dealership, I was fortunate to actually meet two of the Mustang design engineers, who shared some information with me about the PP2. Up to 2020, this was the most aerodynamic Mustang designed, and credit went to one of the head engineers at NASA, as the aerodynamics were designed and tested in the wind tunnel. The 305 square set of tires are huge for the track and will hold more G's than the comparable Porsche GT3. I love how the Magnaride is adjustable (stiffer) with each driving mode and how each driving mode remaps the engine performance. Usually after my first track session when everything is warmed up, I go to track only and that releases all the nanny controls and the car performs brilliantly, in it's rawest state. These same engineers told me to hang on to my 2019 PP2 because starting with 2020, all cars are built with electronics that cannot be turned off for track. I did buy out my PP2 at the end of my lease and it is the best bang for your buck car to own, for anything you want to do with it. I am now preparing to add a set of long tube headers to gain just a little bit more out of it.

Keep this thread, you all own an amazing, and mostly unknown machine.
Love the knowledge Porsche Dude brings to all of us. Sounds like heā€™s rapidly becoming Mustang Dude.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Love the knowledge Porsche Dude brings to all of us. Sounds like heā€™s rapidly becoming Mustang Dude.
I'm sorry but I can't - most aerodynamic ? Remaps engine performance (it changes throttle mapping), electronics can't be turned off on Track ? This unfortunately is all nonsense. I am not sure who he is, but he works in the dealership he smells salesman from 5000 miles.

(I've personally turned advancetrac off in friend's 2020 as well as pulled the plug).

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
I did have my PCM replaced, and there was a performance add in the programming is not in the PP1. I have since moved on to the Ford Performance tune and that really woke up the engine in all three driving modes. Working at a Ford dealership, I was fortunate to actually meet two of the Mustang design engineers, who shared some information with me about the PP2. Up to 2020, this was the most aerodynamic Mustang designed, and credit went to one of the head engineers at NASA, as the aerodynamics were designed and tested in the wind tunnel. The 305 square set of tires are huge for the track and will hold more G's than the comparable Porsche GT3. I love how the Magnaride is adjustable (stiffer) with each driving mode and how each driving mode remaps the engine performance. Usually after my first track session when everything is warmed up, I go to track only and that releases all the nanny controls and the car performs brilliantly, in it's rawest state. These same engineers told me to hang on to my 2019 PP2 because starting with 2020, all cars are built with electronics that cannot be turned off for track. I did buy out my PP2 at the end of my lease and it is the best bang for your buck car to own, for anything you want to do with it. I am now preparing to add a set of long tube headers to gain just a little bit more out of it.

So when you go on track you don't turn the Advance Track completely off? I used to just use track mode but found under hard braking it felt like it was still interfering so I now go into track mode then turn Advance Track completely off (hold button for several seconds with car in neutral and brake pressed I believe is the method).

Also, you said you have the Ford Performance tune. Are you talking about Ford Performance M-9603-M8B for the 18-21 GT's? If you add long tube headers you will require a new tune, correct? Are you working with a tuner who can override the Ford Performance tune? I've been curious about doing the FP tune on my car (waited too long as the price has increased quite a bit) as hold over until I decide to go long tubes and maybe then run E85. I just wanted to be sure it works to have the FP tune then get a new tune once I'm ready for more major upgrades.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I just wanted to be sure it works to have the FP tune then get a new tune once I'm ready for more major upgrades.
It does - you flash it back to stock and then upload whatever tune you want. But it makes zero sense to spend $1k+ on Ford Performance tune and then buy another one (and a completely new tuning device). I've made that mistake, no reason to not go straight to E85 one if you plan on running that, then you pay for revision if you install LTH.

Sponsored

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It does - you flash it back to stock and then upload whatever tune you want. But it makes zero sense to spend $1k+ on Ford Performance tune and then buy another one (and a completely new tuning device). I've made that mistake, no reason to not go straight to E85 one if you plan on running that, then you pay for revision if you install LTH.
I kind of figured that's how it would work. The only reason I considered that path is to potentially keep warranty intact. The dealer I've worked with has been cool with track guys so far. Not sure if anything changed lately. Once warranty is over is when I was planning LTH, E85...

trackd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
August
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP2 (SOLD), 73 240Z RB26DETT

Well, this is good to know about the ā€˜19 PP2, Iā€™m keeping mine then. Track report soon from Auto Club Speedway. Running square 305 PSC2s with corner weight alignment, everything else stock for my baseline times.

nameuser

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP2, 1969 Chevelle
Vehicle Showcase
I'm sorry but I can't - most aerodynamic ? Remaps engine performance (it changes throttle mapping), electronics can't be turned off on Track ? This unfortunately is all nonsense. I am not sure who he is, but he works in the dealership he smells salesman from 5000 miles.

(I've personally turned advancetrac off in friend's 2020 as well as pulled the plug).
Looking forward to his reply. He has personally helped me sort my car out and I believe heā€™s not some ā€œsalesmanā€ as he got nothing from me.

Porsche Dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP 2, 2004 Porsche Boxster S

Well I am the fleet and lease manager in a dealership who has been road racing since 1996, mostly Porsche but also open wheel, NASCAR thunder buggies, Focus RS and Mustang. I have been an advisor to Ford and for a few years tested all the press cars before they are turned over to the media. I have had access to Ford engineering and I am immersed in a large community of race / track focused people who have immense knowledge to share. It is my goal to explore and promote the Mustang as the best bang for your buck track / daily driver car available on the market. I have very little time for bench racing or arguing with people who think they know everything because they read it on the internet. I will listen to everyone and respect most, but everything I share here is from what I have personally found out for myself at the track. Some people boast about HP, I will ask for your lap times. I tried drag racing in my teens but I sucked at it, but more importantly, I learned that I do not own the skills to be good at it.
There are several BMW and Audi's that are not allowed on tracks because they cannot turn off their safety electronics and can pose a problem for other track users. Imagine coming up fast behind your friend and you are going to pass but your automatic emergency braking kicks in because your car thinks you are going to hit him. The guy behind is going hate you. If you are a conspiracy theorist, you are going to love the fact that the insurance companies and government will be able to control your speed and gap distance to the car in front of you. The hardware and software is all there in your 2020 and newer car, and all different makes of cars now have the ability to communicate with each other. That is straight from my Ford engineering friends, hence their recommendation for me.
My friend who races a new Ford GT and has raced Mustangs and Shelbys longer than I have says the Ford Performance tune works really well with long tube headers and they use mostly Kooks headers in the Mustang GT. He also owns a Ford dealership with a racing / performance department.
I do love the PP2 and I enjoy reading these threads and I will respond where I think I may be able to help. Enjoy your PP2, they are a remarkable Mustang and a game changer.

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My friend who races a new Ford GT and has raced Mustangs and Shelbys longer than I have says the Ford Performance tune works really well with long tube headers and they use mostly Kooks headers in the Mustang GT. He also owns a Ford dealership with a racing / performance department.
Make sure to post here when you get your long tubes to share the results.

Sponsored

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
Well I am the fleet and lease manager in a dealership who has been road racing since 1996, mostly Porsche but also open wheel, NASCAR thunder buggies, Focus RS and Mustang. I have been an advisor to Ford and for a few years tested all the press cars before they are turned over to the media. I have had access to Ford engineering and I am immersed in a large community of race / track focused people who have immense knowledge to share. It is my goal to explore and promote the Mustang as the best bang for your buck track / daily driver car available on the market. I have very little time for bench racing or arguing with people who think they know everything because they read it on the internet. I will listen to everyone and respect most, but everything I share here is from what I have personally found out for myself at the track. Some people boast about HP, I will ask for your lap times. I tried drag racing in my teens but I sucked at it, but more importantly, I learned that I do not own the skills to be good at it.
There are several BMW and Audi's that are not allowed on tracks because they cannot turn off their safety electronics and can pose a problem for other track users. Imagine coming up fast behind your friend and you are going to pass but your automatic emergency braking kicks in because your car thinks you are going to hit him. The guy behind is going hate you. If you are a conspiracy theorist, you are going to love the fact that the insurance companies and government will be able to control your speed and gap distance to the car in front of you. The hardware and software is all there in your 2020 and newer car, and all different makes of cars now have the ability to communicate with each other. That is straight from my Ford engineering friends, hence their recommendation for me.
I do love the PP2 and I enjoy reading these threads and I will respond where I think I may be able to help. Enjoy your PP2, they are a remarkable Mustang and a game changer.
All good info.

trackd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
August
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP2 (SOLD), 73 240Z RB26DETT

From what I read and gathered info, youā€™re just blowing smoke! No need to bash to get your opinion in!

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
Well, this is good to know about the ā€˜19 PP2, Iā€™m keeping mine then. Track report soon from Auto Club Speedway. Running square 305 PSC2s with corner weight alignment, everything else stock for my baseline times.
When is that track day at ACS?

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I have no doubt you road raced and no shit you love your PP2. But the stuff you post about it just is batshit stupid and I can't believe anyone with critical thinking can believe it.

Most aerodynamic (what does it mean ? Lowest Cx ?) when it exact same body as base Ecoboost with splitter and spoiler ? The electronic thing that now is now mumbo jumbo about Audis ?
Headers will delete cats, good luck with it. Remapped engine performance with drive modes ? They're the exact same thing any other Mustang has and changes _throttle_ mapping.

Again - I get you like your car, PP2 is nice car and I am glad you enjoy it, But please please stop making shit up and then write a paragraph about road racing and drag racing when called out on it. Anyone's lap time have nothing to do with it.

Out of this thread, but others - please don't let love of you particular model of you car make you stop having some common sense.
Sponsored