gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
OK!

It is Empress audio, in Mobile and Mississippi. Very happy so far.
Sponsored

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
JL Audio C2 series in front doors and rear deck. Punch 1000x5 (4 channels for car speakers and 1 for sub) mounted in spare tire well with xovers and JL LoC's. JL 12" stealthbox had to be ordered, it is in now and getting installed Saturday. Car sounds good, but is a treble machine right now. Shop did all the work.
Pics when complete would be awesome! I always wanted to do a nice system but since I track my car I don't want the extra weight. Hopefully in a couple of years I might have 2 Mustangs. One track one street. We'll see.

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
This is my second review of my 2019 PPL2. My car is a 401A with everything but the Recaro seats. Lebanon Ford in Ohio threw on a bucket load of “accessories” to include the Roush Phase 2 supercharger. Anyway, the car had about 4000 miles on it at the first review. The car now has just over 18000 miles. I still love the car. I took it on a road trip from Northwest Florida to Michigan over the Thanksgiving holiday. Had a blast. Even driving like a crazy person and enjoying the 750hp more than a few times I still managed about 22mpg…at least that is what the car computer thingy showed. When driving like an adult, on the highway I see 25-26mpg.

But a few things have surfaced.
1. I know it is not a Bugatti so the panels not matching up perfectly is something I accept. However, squeaks and creaks have started. Also, getting in/out I hear both the front and rear suspension squeak a bit. The car has only 18000 miles. I am not a big fan.
2. The B&O just isn’t up to what I expect from Bang & Olufsen. However, it is better than stock and probably less of a hassle than trying to tear the interior apart to upgrade. I guess I am whiny because it's B&O but just sounds okay.
3. The rims have more than a few chips in the paint. I do have “mud flaps” but the paint on the rims doesn’t hold up well.
4. One of the mods Lebanon did was to delete the resonator and install an X-Pipe. The car sounded wonderful in either normal or sport mode. As the Active Exhaust mufflers have worn in some I now find I have to use the normal mode as the sport is pretty dang loud.
5. The MGW shifter is worth every penny and made a world of difference…however, the transmission should be broken in by now and it still isn’t what it should be. There is no hope of shifting it as I did my old Toploaders.

With all the above said, the car is wonderful. No matter what kind of crap I had to deal with…spending some time behind the wheel playing makes everything right in the world.
What exactly about the transmission?

jmorris47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
What exactly about the transmission?
Even with the MGW shifter, I cannot shift as quickly as I did in my old hotrod mustangs that had the Toploader 4 speeds. And no matter has gently I try it still feels like the transmission doesn't shift between gears without a bit of resistance. However, it has held together so far and doesn't lock-out at high RPM...at least not yet.

Sponsored

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
So far so good.

jmorris47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I think this post belongs in the PP2 OWNER EXPERIENCES - RAVES/QUIRKS forum. In addition to the other mods I have made, I have the Roush Phase 2 supercharger. Roush advertises 750hp / 670tq. It has not been on a dyno so I am not sure what it produces at the wheels. BUT it is enough power that even under moderately aggressive acceleration the rear end moves around a bunch. So much so I was afraid of breaking something. I just installed BMR-CB010 Cradle bushing lockout kit, level 1, and BMR-CB762H IRS subframe support brace. What an improvement! I didn’t notice any increase in NVH. They appeared to be well made, welds were professional, and the finish looks to be durable. I am 100% satisfied with the results!

Kleiss1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 6- speed
Drove a 2020 today. My thoughts are, the ride is much stiffer, tires seem too stick out too much for my taste. Stone chips on a new car already. Not a racer so some may like it. Recaros were very uncomfortable for me. Not heated or cooled so not what I was looking for coming from a base 2018.

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
Drove a 2020 today. My thoughts are, the ride is much stiffer, tires seem too stick out too much for my taste. Stone chips on a new car already. Not a racer so some may like it. Recaros were very uncomfortable for me. Not heated or cooled so not what I was looking for coming from a base 2018.
I like everything you don’t like. The wheel poke I could do without though. I bought a 2020 last month. I choose this version over a loaded up Gt.

Sponsored

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
Same here, there's nothing bad about this car. Maybe only if they had a Tremec... :)
I agree. I will say the trans is better than my 17 was.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Poke what poke out ?

As long as the top of the tire is inside of the fender, it ain't poking out. Need to get the facts right.
Screen Shot 2021-01-16 at 11.38.06 PM.png

This is an angry HotRod
DSC_0041.JPG

Using the poke out term being assigned to the PP2. I must assume you would hate the poke out on this car..... hear how ridiculous that sounds ?
DSC_0005.JPG

Maybe your car needs truck fenders instead of them rolling back into & under the body.

Last edited:

ShadowPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP2, 2003 SVT Cobra, 1940 Ford Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Same here, there's nothing bad about this car. Maybe only if they had a Tremec... :)
Yep, and a diff/trans cooler. Love everything about mine.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, and a diff/trans cooler. Love everything about mine.
I've read about the Tremec, have decided I blow up the M82 or have any trouble out of it, I'll make a change.

Hot carrier this helped with that, oil cooler preferred, but not competition racing, just some fast mountain runs, no problems so far. Do spend the money on a quality heat wrap

Screen Shot 2021-01-17 at 8.04.32 AM.png

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I opted to answer the easy question (chassis bracing) 1st. This is a little more difficult as Ford (& others) tend to identify both an upper AND lower brace as a K-brace when, in reality, I think they both look more like C-braces. And the Steeda lower brace (which does not replace, but actually supplements, the lower factory C-brace) is actually a K-brace. Have I caused your eyes to gloss over yet?

OK, below is the basic S550 factory upper C-brace. It connects the shock towers to the firewall. As you can see, there ain't nothing 'K' about it. I have chosen to illustrate this separately v. installed as it is kinda buried under a lot of plastic when installed. On the 1st gen Shelby GT350, this was referred to as an export brace as Ford actually installed them on Euro market Mustangs. It was never a U.S. market option.
1607965585764.png

Below is the lower factory C-brace (far upper left in photo) that runs forward of the cross-member. Highlighted is the Steeda K-brace which, as you can see, runs rearward of the cross-member. There are two (2) perks to the Steeda piece. The 1st being the obvious chassis enhancement which was covered in the 1st response. The 2nd (tho not mentioned by Steeda) is that is does provide a bit of protection to the Mustang's composite oil pan. Steeda also offers this in a 2-point ultra-lite version ... just straight across w/out the forward arms. Don't waste your money.
1607965883576.png

Excellent write up, going to add this in the next oil change. Plan is to do both ends.

Liking the idea this will stiffen it up some more. Get into a corner, as it is now. You can keep pushing faster on the way around.

These will pick up the entrance speed, and Gs going around, the PP2 is a fantastic car.. could not have more fun or be more happier.

And Steeda's design being a true bolt on, even better no realignment to deal with.

Thanks you
Cheers
Sponsored