PP2 OWNER EXPERIENCES - RAVES/QUIRKS

Porsche Dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP 2, 2004 Porsche Boxster S
Well, i joined the PP2 club last night. Found this at a local dealer on Friday, worked on the deal on Saturday, and picked it up after work yesterday. Sounds like it was a special order but once it arrived at the dealership, the guy who ordered it didn't want it. His loss is my gain! Since it was dark by the time I got home last night, the only picture I have is the one the salesmen took while filling it up with gas Saturday evening. Will get some other pics this weekend as right now it is tucked into my garage.

Only put about 20 miles on it last night, but seems to ride well. Was little concerned about tramlining with those big fat tires on there, but didn't notice much at all. My 2017 had a square setup with 275/40r19 tires and 19x10 wheels and I felt that it tramlined more than the PP2, but I was mostly on smooth roads. Can't wait to take it out this weekend and put some more miles on it.

Doug
IMG_0432.jpg
Just wait until you get to the track, you are going to fall in love.
area 27 4.jpg
Area 27 GVMA.jpg
Sponsored

Clump

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I took mine on a 400+ mile road trip to visit family. Mostly highway, but did get to have some back road fun. By trip computer I got 26.2 MPG.

A lot of my miles was on I-81 in PA. There are many sections of this road that are pretty rough, with a lot of what I call "trucker ripples" - places where the truck traffic has caused waves in the road surface. I was surprised at how harsh the suspension is on the rough areas. I'm normally in Sport+. Switching to normal didn't make much difference and track made it worse. I don't recall my non-magneride PP1 being so harsh on the same road.

PA loves concrete highways. I also had quite a bit of tire howling on some sections which I definitely didn't have with the PP1. I'm on PS4S tires.

Overall a very enjoyable trip. The car is so capable and really comfortable. The rough sections and tire howling are just reminders of how much performance there is waiting to be tapped.

My car next to the house I grew up in:
20200904_155334.jpg

BigBeed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium 401a PP2
Tires definitely howl. Mine did it between 69 and 72 mph. It definitely faded as the tires wore down though.

edw794

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ed
Vehicle(s)
2013 ford mustang gt
I miss the coordination of driving a manual and being on a hill. I learned to drive in a 1976 F-100 triple tree 3 speed with a foot parking brake. It was do or die in that thing lol

you guys think you're old. in 1962 when i was 15, i learned how to drive a clutch in a 1954 ford with a 3 speed on the column. and that is what we used to call them, "clutches."

Sponsored

wtb6mtv8rwd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
(...) Took it through my favorite backroads and got the rear axle temp overheat warning. I had read all about the car needing a diff cooler for track use (and that is also mentioned in the supplemental PP2 manual) but I never thought it would be an issue with street use. A little disappointing having to slow down not even half way through my usual run. Ambient temps were only in the mid to high 80s.

IMG_1514.JPG
IMG_1515.JPG
Happy to report the fluid and wrap did the trick!

Installed:
Motul 75w140 competition gear oil
Thermo-Tec 11600 clamp on heat shields
Thermo-Tec 11021 header wrap

In retrospect I should've gone with the 2' long shields. The 1' shields were barely enough to go from the diff flange to where the cover meets the housing. Luckily I had some header wrap lying around so I used that (with a little overlap) down until where the exhaust hangers are.

Same drive, same ambient temps: axle oil temps were 34F cooler at the same spot I overheated last time. I was able to keep going and going. The highest temp I saw today was 264 (or 29 under the warning threshold).
IMG_1829.JPG

Bit of a follow up on this. Surprisingly I got the axle temp warning again. And perhaps more surprising is that it popped up at 270 degrees.

After some cooling down, I took off again and the warning eventually came back a second time, again at 270.

I was under the impression that the threshold to trigger the warning was 293? It sure was on my first drive (previous post). What gives?!

IMG_2625.jpg

Cooling down... :crazy:

Last edited:

Laserbrain

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP2
Vehicle Showcase
Do PP1 cars get the axle temp warnings too?
What about the GT350?

Teej

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 401A, PP2 & 2017 Mazda 6 6spd
Just got back from Gatlinburg and the Tail of the Dragon. Only thing I would have liked differently is if I still had the stock Cup2 tires on it but the Michelin PS4S were plenty. Need to get down there more often and check out some of the other roads around there.

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
Do PP1 cars get the axle temp warnings too?
What about the GT350?
2018+ PP1 cars should also get warnings but obviously PP2 was designed (somewhat) for track use so I'm guessing there's more posting going on for PP2. GT350 has diff cooler (except for 2016 tech pack cars).

Sponsored

DrSnooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
MY 19 GT Mustang
Here's some more pictures from today. Ended up taking a drive to go find some spots to take pics. Found a good spot but bad time of day. Sun was too high up causing harsh shadows and bright spots. Good still for anyone wanting to get an idea of how the stance changes with the Steeda springs.

lymI5Hw.jpg

yCBfHGH.jpg

1QlItXE.jpg

HbxiBKO.jpg

eipE3KB.jpg

8z70nnF.jpg

N7NDLca.jpg

iK2vq14.jpg

LFZOTrm.jpg
How low did you go with the springs, do you have any issues with bottoming out over bumps,?

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trip
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Vehicle Showcase
How low did you go with the springs, do you have any issues with bottoming out over bumps,?
Second. What springs? How much drop? Any magnaride reprogramming needed? Feel?

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I was looking at my interior of my PP2 and noticed that the side panels of the center console, on the edge facing the shifter, has what look like mock stitching. The stitching on my car is a silver/gray accent on black leather. Neither those side panels nor the hand brake(the brake handle and its boot) have the accent silver gray stitching.

Does yours have these two with the accent stitching done correctly?
Sponsored