PP2 OWNER EXPERIENCES - RAVES/QUIRKS

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Is there any reason to believe that wrapping an exhaust will promote rusting out prematurely?
Sponsored

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Yes...I got both the header wrap tape and the shielding through Amazon.

I put Redline 75/110 in the differential...decided it might be a good compromise weight. I thought for only occasional tracking, 75/140 was a bit heavy and might actually tend to hold heat.

Heat shielding : https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000GVQZ8Y/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Header wrap: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002R4U72I/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1
got a photo of the wrap and shield on the exhaust?

Sabre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2023 Mach 1 with Handling Package
cool. thank you. You did a nice job.

Just so I have it clear, you put both the wrap and the shield on at the same time?
Yes...I put them on as I installed the Stainless Works CatBack exhaust. I decided it would be easier to wrap the header tape on each pipe before it went in place under the car. Which is why you see only one side done in the photos....I took photos as I was doing the driver's side and had yet to do the passenger side. A second set of hands does wonders while wrapping the pipes...to help keep it very tight and in place....plus, as you can see I used hose clamps at each end and in the middle to help it stay tight and in place. I still believe it was easier and got a better, tighter wrap job done doing it this way. The shield went on, on top of the header wrap, after the pipe was put in place...the shield is pretty easy to work with compared to the header wrap. Sorry that I got one photo posted twice...didn't realize until I'd already hit send.

Sponsored

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
It is way easier with the exhaust removed. Can get it much tighter. Be sure and soak the wrap in water for several hours before you install it. That will make it even tighter when it dries.

nameuser

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP2, 1969 Chevelle
Vehicle Showcase
It is way easier with the exhaust removed. Can get it much tighter. Be sure and soak the wrap in water for several hours before you install it. That will make it even tighter when it dries.
Now he tells me!
I used the metal zip ties to secure my wrap.

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
Put a NEW 777 Performance bumper on my PP2. You will need to get a new regular GT belly pan other than that it was not hard. Came with no instruction that sucked but eventually got through it. Took off the stripe on the hood and found that the "stripe guy" cut through the paint and now I have to repaint the hood, oh well love the new look !!
IMG_1554 (1).jpg

Sponsored

Sabre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2023 Mach 1 with Handling Package
Was talking with Carl Widmann ( Mustang Project Chief Engineer ) last Sunday. I didn't realize it, but he said 2020 was the last year for the PP Level 2. He didn't specifically say PP Level 1 would be gone, as we were talking all things Level 2, but I'm going to assume that 2020 will be the last year for PP Level 1 too.

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
Was talking with Carl Widmann ( Mustang Project Chief Engineer ) last Sunday. I didn't realize it, but he said 2020 was the last year for the PP Level 2. He didn't specifically say PP Level 1 would be gone, as we were talking all things Level 2, but I'm going to assume that 2020 will be the last year for PP Level 1 too.
The progress being made with our cars is phenomenal...i love my ppl2.

Tang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Is there any reason to believe that wrapping an exhaust will promote rusting out prematurely?
There is a phenomenon of corrosion under insulation when water can leak into an insulating layer and sit against carbon steel for long periods. Not really an issue with stainless

wtb6mtv8rwd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
Happy to report the fluid and wrap did the trick!

Installed:
Motul 75w140 competition gear oil
Thermo-Tec 11600 clamp on heat shields
Thermo-Tec 11021 header wrap

In retrospect I should've gone with the 2' long shields. The 1' shields were barely enough to go from the diff flange to where the cover meets the housing. Luckily I had some header wrap lying around so I used that (with a little overlap) down until where the exhaust hangers are.

Same drive, same ambient temps: axle oil temps were 34F cooler at the same spot I overheated last time. I was able to keep going and going. The highest temp I saw today was 264 (or 29 under the warning threshold).
IMG_1829.JPG

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
I just talked with Ford Customer Service and that is correct. No PP2 for 2021.
Sponsored