Sponsored

PP2 OWNER EXPERIENCES - RAVES/QUIRKS

jenksdrummer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
I'm enjoying it just the way it is; no complaints.

Well, there is the whole easy in/out function where it moves the seat. Consistently works getting out. Haven't figured out how to get it to consistently work getting in, end up hitting the preset button instead 95% of the time. A bit irritating, but first-world problem.
Sponsored

DLW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
One way to fix that, Recaro's. Manual operation only :).

The tram lining I knew was going to happen before I got the car, so I really can't complain about that, it's not that bad.
I have to say I also agree about the hill assist as well, stays engaged to long and does not release as soon as clutch engages. Have to be on the ball and rev a little higher or will stall out.

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I have to say I also agree about the hill assist as well. It stays engaged too long & does not release as soon as clutch engages. Have to be on the ball & rev a little higher or it will stall out.
Or just used the tried & true 'old school' method of synchronizing the hand brake w/the clutch pedal & ... tah DAH ... no problemo.:turkey:

DLW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Or just used the tried & true 'old school' method of synchronizing the hand brake w/the clutch pedal & ... tah DAH ... no problemo.:turkey:
Yep, been driving manuals that way for 40 years with no electronic assistance, don't even need the hand brake either for that matter. Guess I was just trying to say it's better off disabled.

fstenuf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2
My car was up to temp when i did it. How do I find out the build date of the car? Is it on the MSO?

Sponsored

Kungfukendrixx

18Shadowblk_5_0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Love mine, no complaints, it’s 401a, active exhaust, delivered May 14th (6 months I waited, ugh...) Not a DD, got 2700 on it so far, I think most of those are track miles. I swapped out the Cups for Bridgestone Potenza S-04, put 275’s on front, 305’s rear. Purchased another set of wheels for the Cups and racing. Car is great on the track, I go as often as I can. Going out again this weekend. Switched out the diff and gear oil to BG and no overheating yet. No other mods, don’t really plan on anything but we’ll see. Oh I did wrap the whole front and rear quarters behind wheels to protect paint, going in this week to get the doors done, as with all the track time I noticed some chips. Windows are now tinted too.

I have yet to see another PP2 at the track or around town. The PP1 owners I think are jealous, as they always stop and stare when at the track.

Everyone stops and asks about the color.
3B7E3279-D45E-48B5-BB71-01A48A4033BD.jpeg
Just because some my stop and stare to admire the car doesn't mean they are jealous....ijs

Porsche Dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP 2, 2004 Porsche Boxster S
I have about 2000 KM on my car now and I have taken the Cup 2's and wheels off and I am saving them for the track. I replaced them with Ford Performance PP 1 wheels and Michelin 3S plus tires for all of the rain we get here in the off season. I replaced the resonator with a Ford Performance X pipe and my race shop is going to set up a track alignment for me. I want to learn how to set this car up properly and learn how to drive it fast. I will be switching to Motul 5/30 synthetic at 5,000 km and Motul brake fluid in prep for the track season up here. It is going to be interesting running this car after 22 years of racing and tracking Porsche and I am really looking forward to it.

Mustang Track Weapon.JPG
Mustang.JPG

azelmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP2 RC, 18 BMW 430i, 2022 C8 Z51 (on order)
I have about 2000 KM on my car now and I have taken the Cup 2's and wheels off and I am saving them for the track. I replaced them with Ford Performance PP 1 wheels and Michelin 3S plus tires for all of the rain we get here in the off season. I replaced the resonator with a Ford Performance X pipe and my race shop is going to set up a track alignment for me. I want to learn how to set this car up properly and learn how to drive it fast. I will be switching to Motul 5/30 synthetic at 5,000 km and Motul brake fluid in prep for the track season up here. It is going to be interesting running this car after 22 years of racing and tracking Porsche and I am really looking forward to it.

Mustang Track Weapon.JPG
Mustang.JPG
Love that color, if they had offered it in 2018, I would have gotten it. My Royal Crimson gets a lot of attention though.

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
I just took delivery of my 2019 GT PP2 I had it one day and put it in the shop for some goodies...will have it back in 1-1.5 months ( all of goodies..lol) I can say this I love this car more than my 2016 GT 350 R I love the front end better and the tail lights but mostly the interior: dash, leather Recaro seat etc.. Will see you all back here when I get it back...
IMG-20181106-WA0000.jpg

Sponsored

Prokiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT & 2018 Mustang GT PP2
I just took delivery of my 2019 GT PP2 I had it one day and put it in the shop for some goodies...will have it back in 1-1.5 months ( all of goodies..lol) I can say this I love this car more than my 2016 GT 350 R I love the front end better and the tail lights but mostly the interior: dash, leather Recaro seat etc.. Will see you all back here when I get it back...
IMG-20181106-WA0000.jpg
can you share what goodies will be going on?

OP
OP
LFG_Cory

LFG_Cory

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2018 SHELBY GT350 LEAD FOOT GREY
IMG-20181106-WA0000.jpg
Congratulations!!! Look forward to seeing all the goodies!!

ALLSTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Accord LX 5MT, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2
driven about 200is miles.

mixed driving high way and windy back roads.

with the 305 sport cup 2s, this thing tramlines like a mfer.

but i love it =)

ill try and get some pics up this weekend. gonna get her detailed before i post her on the internet

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
I will (Starwood Motors in Dallas) be installing a Watson 4 point roll bar, Rear GT350 R seat delete, Powder coating the wheels a different color, Painting the brake calbs., new front grill, new driving lights, new rear valance, New side spoilers, new front spoiler, new hood, new rear spoiler, Corsa sport cat back, to name a few, and much more....should be done in a month or so....not more details..lol details are surprise..
Sponsored