PP2 OWNER EXPERIENCES - RAVES/QUIRKS

neelas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Package Level 2
I have a 2018 PPL2 I've had it for a little over 2 months, I put front & rear splash guards within the first 100 miles it has almost 1300 on it now. no rock chips so far, I have the windows tinted and all black emblems. The car does tram line. You have to stay on top on the car, you move the steering wheel the front moves right then its got grip for days. It sticks like crazy glue. Its a 301A with recaro's those are the only two options I wanted. I still haven't seen another one yet. These things are rarer that GT350R's
IMAG0199.jpg
Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I would think that the camber would be spot on out of the factory.
That's not a very good assumption to make, even if "spot-on" for you and your driving lined up with "spot-on" per factory preferred settings. Which isn't guaranteed to happen either.

(Front) cambers on my '08 weren't even within the official factory range when they drove it off the truck.

Norm

OP
OP
LFG_Cory

LFG_Cory

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2018 SHELBY GT350 LEAD FOOT GREY
That's not a very good assumption to make, even if "spot-on" for you and your driving lined up with "spot-on" per factory preferred settings. Which isn't guaranteed to happen either.

(Front) cambers on my '08 weren't even within the official factory range when they drove it off the truck.

Norm
Exactly the answer I was looking for!!!

gregckach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP2 Kona Blue
I picked up mine 2 months ago and just crossed 3,000 miles last week. I am blown away and in love with the way this thing handles and have only a few complaints that don't really detract from the overall experience as a whole. And I too have never seen another one outside of a Gridlife event. The first PP2 I saw was mine.

Most of my complains come down to the Cup 2s which honestly feel like overkill, but in a good way? The rocks that fly down the side of my car will drive you crazy (I wish I knew about those mud flaps earlier lol) and it does tramline like crazy around some of the rougher roads. As the tires get older it seems to get worse. I hope going to a tire with a higher tread rating like a PS4S or the Pole Positions will help a little bit. But there's no denying the grip is phenomenal. I've been going up to the north Georgia mountains almost every weekend since I picked it up to try and get the most out of the Cup 2s. In my case I believe the outsides are wearing faster than the insides so I may get a little more camber up front when the next set goes on.

The other complaints aren't PP2 specific like Sync being a little slow sometimes and the clutch pedal being pretty vague. This is the first manual car I've owned but I've never had the same kind of trouble getting smooth gear shifts as I do with this one. I hear Steeda has a clutch spring kit that is a must have... or maybe I just suck :p

But the bottom line is all that pales in comparison to how much fun this is in the mountains. It feels so confident and easy to drive fast that it's hard to imagine how a Mustang could get any better. I look for every excuse to take it somewhere and go the long route to and from work. If you're looking for a new Mustang GT and you want it to handle properly right from the factory, it's well worth getting this upgrade. Zero regrets.

IMG_1324_lzn_resize.jpg
0929180759_HDR.jpg

Mustanggt5.02011

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GTCS
I'm just under 1,000 miles on mine. I really enjoy driving it but at times wish it had a "comfort" mode as far as handling is concerned. You FEEL the bumps in the road for sure. It pulls left and right depending on the road. You have to stay engaged in driving the vehicle.

The only real complaints I have so far is the poor turning radius. I'm not sure if it is a S550 issue or if it is a 305/30/19 issue. I've ordered Ten-10 wheels and 285/35/19 AS3+'s for the cold driving months. I'll put the SC2's back on in April. And once the SC2's wears out I'll be running MPS4s's.

I haven't messed with Sport + mode yet. I do put the exhaust in Track Mode often. The car handles like it is on rails and I feel like it has excessive grip for a street car. You'd have to be REALLY driving like a fool to allow this thing to get away from.

The rev match is one of my favorite features. The hill assist I'm debating about disabling. It was nice for the first few days of getting used to the car but I find myself having to give it more gas then usual to get going now and I've stalled twice not inputting enough gas to overcome the rear brakes. I gave it enough gas to get moving but not overcome the brakes. Hard to explain.

I will be adding a Ford Performance Pack to this car. I want more throttle response and more low end power under 4k.

I've been between 18-20 MPG (calculated not using the car read out) which is more than acceptable to me.

An annoying complaint is the delayed reaction between the infotainment system and actions. I run mine typically off of bluetooth from my phone and there is a slight delay when using the systems. Not the end of the world but rather nit picky.

The next mods is going to be a mud flap to keep rocks down. Once it gets warm here again I'll add some window tint. I need to buy a car cover for the cold months when it is less likely to see action. After buying the wheels/tires, wall mounts and wheel covers, and putting cash down on the car I'm out of spending money for a bit.

It is a blast to drive. Wish it had a bit more low end torque. It can be a pain to park with that front spoiler. Every time I think I'm in the spot I'm sticking out. The back up camera "red zone" is not nearly as close as it seems.

Overall, and for the money difference between a PP1 w/Magneride I don't see why you wouldn't want a PP2 car. It is a bit harsh for daily driving and I wish they did some Bullet like engine upgrades to it but I feel it is the "parts bin" Mustang to have right now. A lot of value in the car.

My 2018 PP1 Gt had the same issue with pulling all over the road. If you have the alignment checked you'll find the camber is set at Zero. That doesn't allow the car to fight the road so you feel like your being pulled all over. I ended up going with Maximum Motorsports caster camber plates and a good alignment shop. The dealership told me the alignment was within factory spec. It was but needed more camber. Also with the stock camber bolts there was no adjustment. I tried getting the camber bolts but that didn't have enough movement so plates are needed to fix this. My 2019 does not have the PP1 and I don't have this problem with tracking all over the road.

Sponsored

TrackBred

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lighting Blue PP2
I daily mine with 10k miles here already. I replaced the SC2’s withe 4S’s on all four corners at about 500 miles along with Gyeon Ceramic Coating & Xpel for the frontend and mirrors. At 2k miles I installed a TSP catted long system, JLT, Shaftmasters DS, MGW X-Spec, Amsoil Trans Fluid, and PBD E85 tune. Car made 477/438 on Dyno Jet with bad weather. At 3k miles I installed the Steeda Camber Plates w/Steeda Linear Springs, and the Steeda Stop the Hop Starter Kit. Couldn’t ask for a better car! I drive it hard at times and cruise at others. Does it tick? Hell yeah.. But only when cold and it runs it’s ass off! I’ve put away some serious competitors from a roll. Can wait to get her at the track. Planning to build my own rear diff cooler first.
D5F8C2DF-C52A-4D0D-9C20-F5317E4BF21A.jpeg
1E9B3D50-DC39-4114-BA4F-7C5F40A149B2.jpeg

Last edited:

TrackBred

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lighting Blue PP2
Absolutely love the car, beat out a GT350R and a SS 1LE at our local autocross. Taking it to Gripfest at NCCAR this Sunday. The intake, long tubes, and PBD E85 tune make it a force to be reckoned with. Love the Cup2s. If any other owners want to get rid of there Cup2s let me know. Haven't had any issues, 5500 miles, including a 1200 mile road trip to the tail of the dragon, as well as 6 autocross events.
FB_IMG_1540414793886.jpg
FB_IMG_1540413891210.jpg
20181021_085015.jpg
20181004_183938.jpg
Kickass car man. I’m glad I’m not the only one modding and wearing it out! I love mine!! With this colder air we have been getting down here in Houston it’s like driving a different car. She pulls even HARDER!

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
... but I'm deciding on whether or not to go 325/30 in the back. The difference would be about a mile-an-hour on the speedo @ 80MPH.
If I blow enough rust off my math skills, I arrive at a 1.01799485% difference in the circumference between the 305/30 & 325/30 tire. Bringing that down to a 'real world' number, it would be 1.02%. That would make your 80 mph speedo reading at just ever-so-slightly over 78.4 mph. Over time, that means fewer indicated miles on your car ... 100,000 actual miles = 98,039.2 indicated miles.:like:

With that said, I 'thought' (big operative word here) that I read somewhere that the later electronic speedometers have the ability to make small compensations for rear tire diameter differences. Similar to your ECU compensating for warm/cold engine temperatures. :crazy:

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I like a clean look, so I might remove the 5.0 badges off the sides.
You do know that you will end up w/two (2) small holes in both fenders, right? Not a big deal on the darker colors (Kona Blue, Magnetic or Shadow Black), but it's really gonna pop on your Orange Fury. :facepalm:

Sponsored
OP
OP
LFG_Cory

LFG_Cory

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
You do know that you will end up w/two (2) small holes in both fenders, right? Not a big deal on the darker colors (Kona Blue, Magnetic or Shadow Black), but it's really gonna pop on your Orange Fury. :facepalm:
I was curious about those holes. Havn't really looked into it yet. I guess I'll be keeping the stinking badges :)

OP
OP
LFG_Cory

LFG_Cory

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
I daily mine with 10k miles here already. I replaced the SC2’s withe 4S’s on all four corners at about 500 miles along with Gyeon Ceramic Coating & Xpel for the frontend and mirrors. At 2k miles I installed a TSP catted long system, JLT, Shaftmasters DS, MGW X-Spec, Amsoil Trans Fluid, and PBD E85 tune. Car made 477/438 on Dyno Jet with bad weather. At 3k miles I installed the Steeda Camber Plates w/Steeda Linear Springs, and the Steeda Stop the Hop Starter Kit. Couldn’t ask for a better car! I drive it hard at times and cruise at others. Does it tick? Hell yeah.. But only when cold and it runs it’s ass off! I’ve put away some serious competitors from a roll. Can wait to get her at the track. Planning to build my own rear diff cooler first.

View attachment 314325
D5F8C2DF-C52A-4D0D-9C20-F5317E4BF21A.jpeg
1E9B3D50-DC39-4114-BA4F-7C5F40A149B2.jpeg
View attachment 314328 View attachment 314329 View attachment 314330
That's a great setup. Do you have any videos of the exhaust note?

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I was curious about those holes. Havn't really looked into it yet. I guess I'll be keeping the stinking badges :)
Maybe try to find a way to make them less bright/less noticeable?

Norm
Sponsored