PP2 OWNER EXPERIENCES - RAVES/QUIRKS

LFG_Cory

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2018 SHELBY GT350 LEAD FOOT GREY
While there is a ton of great information on the PP2 in other threads, I wanted to ping current owners who have put some miles on their PP2s who could offer insight on the overall experience of owning and driving this package. I am currently waiting for mine to be built and am curious about the PP2 having package related raves and quirks, basically the good and the bad about owning and maintaining the PP2. The track overheating issue is well documented. No need to beat a dead horse in this thread.

Is there is abnormal wear on suspension components due to the 305s?

What have you upgraded suspension wise? I.E. bushings, ect ect

Any other mods?

What replacement tires/size have you replaced the Cup tires with?

Maintenance tips, issues ect

Let's see those PP2s!!! Post some pics.

TIA
Sponsored

fstenuf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2
I love mine! It only has 1500 miles on it and it's sitting under a cover right now. I swapped the tires out(Bridgestone Potenza Pole Position) and put some low profile splash guards on it because the cup 2's threw rocks like crazy.

what options did you go with? My 2018 has active exhaust/mats/color.
Driver Side.JPG
Driver Side Front.JPG
Driver Rear.JPG

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
Beautiful car

fstenuf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2
Thank you! Yours looks good too!
This color definitely gets a lot of looks. Even more so than the orange one. A lot of people call it purple though but oh well.

racrguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I've had mine about 10 days so far, and my only complaint as of yet is the tram-lining caused by the steamroller width tires, and the fact that it doesn't stay in the mode I left it in, eg MyMode, Sport + or Track, and that the seat doesn't automatically go to the last driving position after starting the car. These are all SUPER nitpicky issues, but they still slightly bother me. The headlights are great, the car handles like it's on rails. All in all, I'm super happy with my purchase. Mine is only the second PP2 car I've seen in person, and the other one was a Lightning Blue one that I saw at LMR's show this year.

Edit: When I wear out the PSC2's, I'll probably be going with the PS4S's, but I'm deciding on whether or not to go 325/30 in the back, the difference would be about a mile an hour, on the speedo at 80MPH.

Sponsored

OP
OP
LFG_Cory

LFG_Cory

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
Went with a 2019 Orange Fury PP2 401A. No other options.

302@12psi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona PP2 Recaros
I'm just under 1,000 miles on mine. I really enjoy driving it but at times wish it had a "comfort" mode as far as handling is concerned. You FEEL the bumps in the road for sure. It pulls left and right depending on the road. You have to stay engaged in driving the vehicle.

The only real complaints I have so far is the poor turning radius. I'm not sure if it is a S550 issue or if it is a 305/30/19 issue. I've ordered Ten-10 wheels and 285/35/19 AS3+'s for the cold driving months. I'll put the SC2's back on in April. And once the SC2's wears out I'll be running MPS4s's.

I haven't messed with Sport + mode yet. I do put the exhaust in Track Mode often. The car handles like it is on rails and I feel like it has excessive grip for a street car. You'd have to be REALLY driving like a fool to allow this thing to get away from.

The rev match is one of my favorite features. The hill assist I'm debating about disabling. It was nice for the first few days of getting used to the car but I find myself having to give it more gas then usual to get going now and I've stalled twice not inputting enough gas to overcome the rear brakes. I gave it enough gas to get moving but not overcome the brakes. Hard to explain.

I will be adding a Ford Performance Pack to this car. I want more throttle response and more low end power under 4k.

I've been between 18-20 MPG (calculated not using the car read out) which is more than acceptable to me.

An annoying complaint is the delayed reaction between the infotainment system and actions. I run mine typically off of bluetooth from my phone and there is a slight delay when using the systems. Not the end of the world but rather nit picky.

The next mods is going to be a mud flap to keep rocks down. Once it gets warm here again I'll add some window tint. I need to buy a car cover for the cold months when it is less likely to see action. After buying the wheels/tires, wall mounts and wheel covers, and putting cash down on the car I'm out of spending money for a bit.

It is a blast to drive. Wish it had a bit more low end torque. It can be a pain to park with that front spoiler. Every time I think I'm in the spot I'm sticking out. The back up camera "red zone" is not nearly as close as it seems.

Overall, and for the money difference between a PP1 w/Magneride I don't see why you wouldn't want a PP2 car. It is a bit harsh for daily driving and I wish they did some Bullet like engine upgrades to it but I feel it is the "parts bin" Mustang to have right now. A lot of value in the car.

OP
OP
LFG_Cory

LFG_Cory

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
I agree with you once you add Magnaride to a PP1 that it makes more sense to just do the PP2.

One of the first things I plan to do is get the clear vinyl to protect the paint from rock chips and stupid people Debating doing the entire car, that runs around $4500. But I wont ever need to detail other than a light wash as the car gets polished before the film is applied. I like a clean look so I might remove the 5.0 badges off the sides. Window tint as well. Like I stated, I bought the PP2 so I wouldn't need spend more money getting it the way I think I want it. But I also want to protect the paint. Debating on swapping out the Cups rights away and selling them to make up the cost of new tires. The last 5.0 I owned was a 1993. this car is a universe beyond the 1993. I'll buy little trinkets like shift knobs and silly stuff like that. I plan on doing autocross and limited track days. Mostly so I can learn the car in a legal and save environment. I am jonsing to drive this car!!! I hope it doesn't take as long as some people have experienced. I was told by the dealership that those long wait times were due to Magnaride but the stock is good to go now. I also realize that my build will be placed after the bullits and GT350s are built. At least I would think that is the case.

Blown86GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I agree with you once you add Magnaride to a PP1 that it makes more sense to just do the PP2.
Unless you want magna ride and 10 speed auto...like me.

15pgnatsum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
The hill assist I'm debating about disabling. It was nice for the first few days of getting used to the car but I find myself having to give it more gas then usual to get going now and I've stalled twice not inputting enough gas to overcome the rear brakes. I gave it enough gas to get moving but not overcome the brakes. Hard to explain.
Ha! That's something I just discovered about my new-to-me GT350 the other day...The hill assist is supposed to help you, but it being engaged is the only time I've stalled this car because I didn't realize how much extra throttle you have to apply to get past the braking force. I'm assuming after a few times I'll just get used to it as it is nice to have on these Seattle steep hills.

Sponsored
OP
OP
LFG_Cory

LFG_Cory

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
Ha! That's something I just discovered about my new-to-me GT350 the other day...The hill assist is supposed to help you, but it being engaged is the only time I've stalled this car because I didn't realize how much extra throttle you have to apply to get past the braking force. I'm assuming after a few times I'll just get used to it as it is nice to have on these Seattle steep hills.
Use the hand brake instead of the vehicle assist. I grew up driving manuals. The hand brake came in handy when I was learning to use a clutch on a hill.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
I'm at 5 months and 3,700 miles. Mine is a 301A with active exhaust and Recaros. I have zero complaints. I swapped out the SC2's before I drove it off the lot. 305/30/19 Bridgestone Potenza Pole Position S-04's on all corners. I've had zero issues with these tires slinging stuff down the side of the car. I also really don't notice much if any tramlining. Car handles unbelievably even on these more road worthy tires. I almost always drive in Sport or Track mode. Track is noticeably more firm and less body roll than Sport. I have a couple ramps by my house that I can have about any passenger reaching for their imaginary brake. 80 mph on a 35 mph ramp and 60 mph on a 25 mph ramp is completely planted in Track mode. I have tracked the car one time on the Bridgestones. I can't imagine what the SC2's must feel like. It was mid 50's, so I didn't see anything close to any overheating issues.

Compared to my cammed '05 GTO with full Pedders suspension, this car has more grip than the GTO, although they were pretty limited in tire width (I was running staggered 235/265 NT-05's). I haven't quite got the feel for near limit on this car yet. While the grip is more, the GTO was so easy to drive at the limit very predictably. I liked the Tremec w/ the LS7 clutch better in the GTO, but I'm getting more use to the MT82-D4. I've bought the Steeda clutch spring, but haven't installed it yet. I had suspension work, headers, intake, cam, exhaust, and tune in the GTO. It was making about 425/390 to the wheels. It had more down low than the stock Coyote, but it would lay down about 6500-6600 rpm. This thing just keeps going to 7500. I don't really miss the down low so much and love keeping this thing revving. The active exhaust to me is perfect. Sport seems to be just a little more high pitched with a little more crackling than Track, but either one sounds so good without being obnoxious.

Other than maybe a tune (if I can't get it into the 11's on just a tire), I plan to keep it pretty much stock. It's plenty strong for the street or the track. JLT catch can, Steeda jacking rails, Steeda hood struts, and 30% ceramic tint is all I've done so far.

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.png

And my Goat. I still miss this car.

full.jpg

15pgnatsum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Use the hand brake instead of the vehicle assist. I grew up driving manuals. The hand brake came in handy when I was learning to use a clutch on a hill.
Oh I'm aware. I learned to drive a manual on a 1966 Mustang with a three speed. This is my first manual with hill assist though so had no idea how it would behave.

OP
OP
LFG_Cory

LFG_Cory

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
I'm at 5 months and 3,700 miles. Mine is a 301A with active exhaust and Recaros. I have zero complaints. I swapped out the SC2's before I drove it off the lot. 305/30/19 Bridgestone Potenza Pole Position S-04's on all corners. I've had zero issues with these tires slinging stuff down the side of the car. I also really don't notice much if any tramlining. Car handles unbelievably even on these more road worthy tires. I almost always drive in Sport or Track mode. Track is noticeably more firm and less body roll than Sport. I have a couple ramps by my house that I can have about any passenger reaching for their imaginary brake. 80 mph on a 35 mph ramp and 60 mph on a 25 mph ramp is completely planted in Track mode. I have tracked the car one time on the Bridgestones. I can't imagine what the SC2's must feel like. It was mid 50's, so I didn't see anything close to any overheating issues.

Compared to my cammed '05 GTO with full Pedders suspension, this car has more grip than the GTO, although they were pretty limited in tire width (I was running staggered 235/265 NT-05's). I haven't quite got the feel for near limit on this car yet. While the grip is more, the GTO was so easy to drive at the limit very predictably. I liked the Tremec w/ the LS7 clutch better in the GTO, but I'm getting more use to the MT82-D4. I've bought the Steeda clutch spring, but haven't installed it yet. I had suspension work, headers, intake, cam, exhaust, and tune in the GTO. It was making about 425/390 to the wheels. It had more down low than the stock Coyote, but it would lay down about 6500-6600 rpm. This thing just keeps going to 7500. I don't really miss the down low so much and love keeping this thing revving. The active exhaust to me is perfect. Sport seems to be just a little more high pitched with a little more crackling than Track, but either one sounds so good without being obnoxious.

Other than maybe a tune (if I can't get it into the 11's on just a tire), I plan to keep it pretty much stock. It's plenty strong for the street or the track. JLT catch can, Steeda jacking rails, Steeda hood struts, and 30% ceramic tint is all I've done so far.

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.png

And my Goat. I still miss this car.

full.jpg
Great looking car Silver!!! Thanks for the write up. It sounds like this car is setup pretty well. I can't wait to drive mine!!! Being in Florida, I'll have to get up to Georgia and the Carolinas to really appreciate this car. Or auto cross and track days here.
Sponsored