Green Machine
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Prem PP1 Black
Hey all,

Have a new mustang on order, a 2021 with PP1. Was wondering if anyone in the Seattle Area has a PP1 car and do you swap the tires to Winters/All Seasons in the winter? Or are the "cold enough" days few and far between that you just park for a bit on the coldest days and keep the summer tires otherwise?

If you do swap, when do you roll the option tires? November - March (that annual huge Feb snowstorm is becoming a crazy thing)?
Sponsored

dead_inside

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Prem PP
I swap. Winter tires go on when temps start to get near 40 degrees. Summer tires go back on after temps no longer drop below 40. It gets cold enough for long enough to justify swapping or running an all season year round imo

bba37GT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I swap my tires out too for the Michelin Pilot Sport AS 3s during the winter. The PS4s get a little too sketchy for confident driving in the rain, and especially when the temperature drops come November. The summer usually come on towards the end of May/ start of June, since we love those last bits of cold morning rains up here.

OP
OP

Mizzle51

Green Machine
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Prem PP1 Black
Thanks for the responses. Appreciate it. So definitely will switch between summers and a "winter" tire that's probably an all season.

Really stupid question...all 4 of the taken off tires fit in the trunk? Or do some go in the trunk and some in the front seat when bringing home to the garage.

dead_inside

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Prem PP
There are a few threads on this if you want more info but putting the rear seat down, putting 3 upright there, and then 1 in the trunk allows for other gear in the trunk as well. Otherwise 2 trunk, 2 in rear seat area or 1 trunk, 2 rear seat, 1 passenger are your other options. Use wheel/tire bags if youā€™re concerned about dirt and road grime on your interior.

SirRobin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I just bought my car and having a/s put on Friday. If anyone wants the Pirelliā€™s with 200 miles on them let me know šŸ˜ƒ
Sponsored