PP1 Spoiler 3M Tape

Stangfan78

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CT
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I’m installing an OEM PP1 spoiler on my ‘21 GT. Does anyone sell the replacement 3M tape pads that are custom cut to the spoiler? I have a roll of 3M double sided tape but wanted the custom fit if possible. I saw MP concepts sells a kit for their performance spoiler but I’m not sure it’s exactly the same.
Sponsored

glene

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
glen
Vehicle(s)
2023 mustang gt
just cut the tape, it’s just a cushion for the bolts anyway

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Make sure the tape is thick enough to stop the spoiler touching the paint on the rearmost corners (it has chipped the paint off a few forum users cars in that area :frown:)

WD :like:

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
You can get the 3M emblem tape in sheets as well if you don't want to worry about having the little slit in between strips.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
There are different types of 3M VHB. The one you want for spoiler attachment is 3M VHB part# 5952 (0.045" thk) or 5962 (0.062" thk). The adhesive portion is black. Don't use the grey version, it's not as strong and will eventually fail in this application. Adhesion promotor is also highly recommended.

This is what I used to re-attach my PP1 spoiler that started to come off. Went with the thicker version due to the curvature of the spoiler ends. Note that the part below is for a 12x12 sheet.

I recommend the 0.062" thick version. It fills more gap especially on the ends of the spoiler and ensures the spoiler doesn't rub against the trunk.

The part below is for a larger sheet. More than enough for a couple of spoiler jobs. Make templates, trace and cut with the sharpest knife (Exacto?) you can.

3M VHB #12X12-6-5962
3M Adhesion promoter wipes
Sponsored