Sponsored

PP1 Nickle Finish Wheels- are they worth it?

Cochezz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cochezz
Vehicle(s)
Old and New
In Canada these are a $1500 Option, apparently there is no weight saving. Is this just a fasion statement?

I kind of like the look but it bugs me there may be no performance advantage.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
In Canada these are a $1500 Option, apparently there is no weight saving. Is this just a fasion statement?

I kind of like the look but it bugs me there may be no performance advantage.

Thoughts?
$1500 is really high. Do you have a picture of the wheels in question? Are they the standard PP1 wheels just in a different finish? Or are they a different style wheel?

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Option #647, "19"x9"(F) / 19"x9.5"(R) Luster Nickel-painted Forged Aluminum Wheels", a $795 option in the US. There's a 19"x9" square version for the EcoBoost PP cars.

Solely a fashion statement, and one that I added to my order immediately (look at the avatar to the left), because:
1 ) a Mustang needs to have bright silver wheels, and
2 ) damn, I hate black wheels.
$1500CAD seems pretty steep, though. At that price, I'd have taken the black wheels, bought a nice silver set to use 9 months of the year, and then used the black wheels for my winter tire setup. Almost did just that when I thought about buying the Bullitt that a local dealer had on the floor, but it turns out that I hate green cars almost as much as black wheels. :wink:

Last edited:

Sponsored

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
I got these on my Ruby Red 2018 GT. I absolutely HATE black wheels and these were the only other option for the Magne-ride, so I went with them. I love them!!
I love those wheels and I also hate black wheels. I'd like to replace mine with them.

Anybody have any links to these ?

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Best looking factory wheel offered right now, next to the PP2. If I were buying today that's what I'd order.

Forged would suggest that they MIGHT be slightly lighter than the regular cast PP1 wheel, but since they're OEM that may not be the case.....

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
I love those wheels and I also hate black wheels. I'd like to replace mine with them.

Anybody have any links to these ?
Can't seem to get the OEM wheels any way other than to order them with a new Mustang at the moment. There may be a 3rd party that makes something that looks like these, but I haven't seen it.

Sponsored

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I was about to purchase the refurbished for like around $300 a wheel vs. ford dealership parts price, but I backed out cause too worried that no wheel will look the same... cause when they refurbish them, the colors might be off on each wheel, so I went with some shelby anthracite wheels, since I wanted something other than the black gt/cs wheels on my car already. I did not save much weight since my wheels were already 28, but I think these PP1 option wheels are still around 40-45 ET offset, as the stock PP1?

OP
OP

Cochezz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cochezz
Vehicle(s)
Old and New
Damn i think im gonna buy them just for the look. I would assume these are much rarer than the black PP1 rims.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Damn i think im gonna buy them just for the look. I would assume these are much rarer than the black PP1 rims.
Yes so much nicer and rare, I have never seen a PP1 in person with them.

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10-3.55-400a
Vehicle Showcase
Option #647, "19"x9"(F) / 19"x9.5"(R) Luster Nickel-painted Forged Aluminum Wheels", a $795 option in the US. There's a 19"x9" square version for the EcoBoost PP cars.

Solely a fashion statement, and one that I added to my order immediately (look at the avatar to the left), because:
1 ) a Mustang needs to have bright silver wheels, and
2 ) damn, I hate black wheels.
$1500CAD seems pretty steep, though. At that price, I'd have taken the black wheels, bought a nice silver set to use 9 months of the year, and then used the black wheels for my winter tire setup. Almost did just that when I thought about buying the Bullitt that a local dealer had on the floor, but it turns out that I hate green cars almost as much as black wheels. :wink:
Agreed, so sick of black wheels everywhere however as much as I love these wheels, not a fan of them being 20's.

Banner.JPG
Sponsored