Sponsored

PP Torsion rear causing car to kick out sideway to right?

OP
OP
Sean709

Sean709

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt prem pp whipple stage 2. 2017 silverado LTZ with rocky ridge package. 09 HD muscle.
please read an article on the difference between camber and toe. you are mixing them up. Or you're being incredibly sloppy with the decimal point.
My bad it was to read 0.13 rear toe in per side. I did make a mistake on decimal point.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Sean709

Sean709

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt prem pp whipple stage 2. 2017 silverado LTZ with rocky ridge package. 09 HD muscle.
Looking at your alignment sheet your left rear is .09 toe out and your right rear is .13 toe in

This will cause the car to go right on a launch or gear change.
The rear end kicks out to the right sending the car nose left. Every single time it breaks loose. Its nothing in sport mode but with advance track off and just rolling into at at about 50mph in third it just breaks loose it swings out from under you within a second. I just have to back off and not over correct but there is no way to stay into it .

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Maybe the positive and negative are reversed on that sheet.

OP
OP
Sean709

Sean709

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
Looking at your alignment sheet your left rear is .09 toe out and your right rear is .13 toe in

This will cause the car to go right on a launch or gear change.
Are you sure on that? with the thrust angle @ -.02 it shows the bar off to the left. And is one in and one out. Maybe I am not understanding the sheet correctly?.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
I hate it when they don't show the scale.

The way I read the sheet is left rear toe out right rear toe in.

The trust angle also looks like it would send the nose to the right on acceleration.

But I may be reading it wrong also.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Sean709

Sean709

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
I hate it when they don't show the scale.

The way I read the sheet is left rear toe out right rear toe in.

The trust angle also looks like it would send the nose to the right on acceleration.

But I may be reading it wrong also.
Thanks for trying to help I appreciate it. IDK I never had a car with rear alignment but for front end to have toe in it has a - in front of the number and if not then it is positive. example - .5 left F -.5 right F equals - 1.0 total toe in. Im not sure on rear but wouldnt negative also have a - in front of the number? the way im reading it is my rear is positive .09 left and positive .13 right total .22 positive. To have negative lets say - .13 each side as per bmr specs of .13 in per side the sheet should read - .13 LR and -.13 RR for a total of -.26 rear toe in. I must be wrong though?.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Normal is TOE IN and is positive. CAMBER is normally negative.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Industry standard is positive for toe in.

If you look at the arrow on the left it is in the neg area. The right rear is in the positive area.

OP
OP
Sean709

Sean709

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
Normal is TOE IN and is positive. CAMBER is normally negative.
So I was thinking toe in would be negative and have - in front of it. that would mean my front end is actually toed out .01 since its negative .01 correct?. And my rear are both positive which would be both sides toed in with left rear toed in .09 and right rear toed in more at 1.3 toe in making the car go left slightly in theory which it is doing also.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
So I was thinking toe in would be negative and have - in front of it. that would mean my front end is actually toed out .01 since its negative .01 correct?. And my rear are both positive which would be both sides toed in with left rear toed in .09 and right rear toed in more at 1.3 toe in making the car go left slightly in theory which it is doing also.
This is why I wish they has shown the scale

If you look at the arrow and the center line in the right front tire it looks like it is toed out .01

If you look at the right rear arrow and center line it looks like the tire is toed in .13

Sponsored
OP
OP
Sean709

Sean709

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
Industry standard is positive for toe in.

If you look at the arrow on the left it is in the neg area. The right rear is in the positive area.
If industry std is positive for toe in then my .09 left rear would be toed in .09. No ? going by the numbers. If it was toed out then it would be negative and read -.09. No?.

Mbutler183

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT
My car does the same thing, hit it in 2nd or 3rd and it pushes left rear end kicks out right. Unsure why but its been like that forever. Multiple people in groups on facebook have mentioned the same thing. If you find a solution I'm certainly going to follow you

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
If industry std is positive for toe in then my .09 left rear would be toed in .09. No ? going by the numbers. If it was toed out then it would be negative and read -.09. No?.
I'm going off the arrows since the green boxes are not labeled

alignment.jpg

OP
OP
Sean709

Sean709

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
My car does the same thing, hit it in 2nd or 3rd and it pushes left rear end kicks out right. Unsure why but its been like that forever. Multiple people in groups on facebook have mentioned the same thing. If you find a solution I'm certainly going to follow you
Im gonna try. if its not in the chassis or alignment it has to be the rear end not locking up both tires equally . Do you have a torsion rear pp car. Honestly the more im getting into this car and finding even with all the chassis mods mine has it just gets deeper. Adjustable toe links ok ordered. Find out even the pp car doesnt have the good bearing in the knuckle end so if you dont change that your only getting one end of the toe link upgraded really. The you got to veritical links which dont do much unless you change out the lower control arm bushing to the good bearings. Torsion rear no good for drag racing. Thats on top of the long list of steeda and bmr stuff already on the pp car. If you ask me this irs set up even in a pp car is a pain. Good for N/A twisty turns but for boosted cars ahhh its not the right piece for it really and needs a 100 band aids. Just my take.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
wow, whomever wrote the display logic for this alignment software needs to be pounded for failure to display the negative sign in the Toe field.
Sponsored