Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
My filter is about here and itā€™s already a mess when changing it:
2332598B-AFD7-491E-8B37-71F2C0109961.jpeg

With the PP k-brace and panel, itā€™d be here:
F5536A8F-F4D2-4626-B396-34A5ED3CE231.jpeg

Yes, the panel would make it easier to remove it the filter. But how will I keep all the oil from running all over the shield and k-member

With my current shield, I do have to remove it andI used a cut gallon milk jug to divert the oil away from the k-member. Seems like thereā€™d be less room to do so with the PP brace and panel. The filter is horizontal in that location.

spaz mk will

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Weight concerns aside since thatā€™s really up to you: The firewall brace was noticeable to me when I first added it (and this was without the strut tower brace). It makes turn in a little more immediate and is noticeable in something like a slalom. More noticeable in DD scenarios, it got rid of the frequent pops/snaps from the cowl I would hear going over expansion joints or rough pavement. If that sounds good to you, Itā€™s a pretty cheap addition that provides some subtle improvement youā€™ll benefit from every day.

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
im still dreading installing my extension panel
great job
Thanks! After removing the wipers (2 min job with right tool) its very easy, lots of room. I cut down a couple 2x4 scraps to hold the plastic cowl cove up and used a ratchet for all the bolts.

The front definitely feels solid now with all the additional bracing. I now have the lower K brace to install, came in yesterday.

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
My filter is about here and itā€™s already a mess when changing it:
2332598B-AFD7-491E-8B37-71F2C0109961.jpeg

With the PP k-brace and panel, itā€™d be here:
F5536A8F-F4D2-4626-B396-34A5ED3CE231.jpeg

Yes, the panel would make it easier to remove it the filter. But how will I keep all the oil from running all over the shield and k-member

With my current shield, I do have to remove it andI used a cut gallon milk jug to divert the oil away from the k-member. Seems like thereā€™d be less room to do so with the PP brace and panel. The filter is horizontal in that location.
A member made a oil filter funnel to control the flow but is no longer lists them on Ebay and no longer responding to messages here.

There is another member making an option for the G350 but cannot fab one for a GT because he does not have anyone willing to help. I believe he is near Indianapolis. Here is his thread:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/3d-printed-oil-change-parts-belly-pan-trap-door.168261/

Sponsored

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
I've been researching all the strut tower brace options for my GT Premium thinking I need one since everyone seems to be getting them. I'm all about weight reduction though and this complete brace kit looks like it will add approximately 20-25lbs to the front end. I'm beginning to wonder if the handling improvement is worth the weight. I don't race my car on road courses or drive twisty mountain roads. I do occasional 0-60 runs and maybe a roll race here or there and the only time I might visit a track would be to make a 1/8 or 1/4 mile dash. I don't think the brace kit will make me go any faster in those situations and will probably slow me down just due to the extra weight. I dropped about 15lbs getting rid of the suitcase resonator and installed the Steeda jacking rails (a MUST have) which added back 12lbs. Will I really notice a big difference in ride quality on the highway and around town? In other words, in the interest of straight line speed and highway cruising comfort is this brace kit really worth it?
Is the kit really worth it? Based on your application, I would say no. It's not like the S550 is a floppy chassis without it... A lot of people do report improved sensation of rigidity and responsiveness after the install and I don't doubt them but for me, the change was not obvious. The car felt good before the install, it feels good after the install. I like the idea that I have the bracing and I suspect that it does indeed help minimize flex in the system/improve handling/etc but that's about all I got for my money and time. :D

So if you were intending to track the car and/or really push the handling limits, I would say that it would be money well spent as Ford's engineers wouldn't have added the weight for nothing.

In your case, that money might be better put toward some light wheels...

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I would at a minimum install the extension panel, it ties both sides of the cowel together, you will have fewer rattles. I would also add the lower k brace and splash cover. This tightens up the front and gives you easier access to your oil filter.

Paul's Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium, Magnetic, Showstopper Red
I bit the bullet and installed just the lower K brace for now. I think it's worthwhile for the ease of getting to the oil filter over the standard insulator. For those curious about the weight, I weighed the brace/insulator with all hardware and it came in at an even 3 pounds. The standard insulator weighed .8 pounds with hardware. I'll accept a 2.2 pound weight penalty for the improved oil filter access and maybe a slight improvement in handling.

DansFLHTI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Today I jacked up my 2016 GT Convertible w/OEM 20" wheels. I've discovered I have the OEM K- brace and triangular OEM isolator like the GT PP cars. I'm assuming I can still install the Steeda 4 point K-member brace and is it worth it. I'm not a track guy or a canyon craver but I'd still like the chassis to be as stiff as possible. Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining about chassis rigidity. Coming from a 2013 V6 convertible I was immediatly impressed at how tight the 2016 convertible is. My next question is..it has the strut tower brace and metal cowl brace, is the cowl extension panel needed?

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
IF you have the GT vert, it will include the cowl extension panel.

CVCashmere

Sponsored

Blufc3s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stew
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Premium GT PP1, 2003 BMW Z4 3.0 Manual
Vehicle Showcase
So other than the springs/shocks/struts/sways/radiator is there anything else that makes the PP?

I've already got the STB+cowl to install so I might as well grab the extension panel to do at the same time...
D37628C7-4694-44B2-A1C0-ED4100C8CE25.jpeg

rice.rockets

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rice
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Hi,

Sorry for thread revival, I just ordered a used strut bar with the cross bar and cowl plate.

It's missing the 4 nuts that hold the strut bar to each side of the strut towers. Is there a part number for these or does anyone know which size they are ?

Thanks

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Hi,

Sorry for thread revival, I just ordered a used strut bar with the cross bar and cowl plate.

It's missing the 4 nuts that hold the strut bar to each side of the strut towers. Is there a part number for these or does anyone know which size they are ?

Thanks
Itā€™s been a while but I think it uses 2 of the 3 existing nuts. Iā€™m pretty sure thatā€™s what I did anyway.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
All the part numbers are in the first post including the bolts.
Sponsored