Sponsored

PP Strut Tower Brace kit + Cowl Extension + Lower K Brace Install Guide

Atticaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
Wow. Just installed the extension bracket. IT…. IS…. Required.

I just didn’t notice when I initially installed the firewall brace just how flimsy the rear mounting point really is!! You can’t really call that the true firewall. This bracket really ties in that flimsy wall with the true firewall.

Can’t wait to take her for a drive later

FYI. I used two flat pry bars to gain access. I used the weight of the firewall brace to hold pressure on the left side.
FED50E26-E5A1-41B2-B4C7-C6F3F684218C.jpeg
Sponsored

Atticaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
I took a short video of how it goes in.

thompsje

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
So, I just did this today, and it was a pain in the ass... but not complicated. The only thing I wanted to add was that when I ordered the Extension Panel, I also ordered 4 of the Cowl Panel Bolts. If you only order 3, it allows you to tie into the rear, but then you only get 2 bolts that go through the Extension Panel and Brace and into the front piece of the "firewall". There is a threaded nut on the front of the Extension Panel that I don't think the AR kit came with a bolt for.

The arrows point to the nut on the extension and the way it looks when passing through the brace. It's kinda hard to describe, but maybe the pictures will make more sense. This is the only bolt that directly attaches the extension panel to the larger cowl brace.

panel-bolt-hole.png

cowl-bolt-sm.jpg

Atticaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
So, I just did this today, and it was a pain in the ass... but not complicated. The only thing I wanted to add was that when I ordered the Extension Panel, I also ordered 4 of the Cowl Panel Bolts. If you only order 3, it allows you to tie into the rear, but then you only get 2 bolts that go through the Extension Panel and Brace and into the front piece of the "firewall". There is a threaded nut on the front of the Extension Panel that I don't think the AR kit came with a bolt for.

The arrows point to the nut on the extension and the way it looks when passing through the brace. It's kinda hard to describe, but maybe the pictures will make more sense. This is the only bolt that directly attaches the extension panel to the larger cowl brace.

panel-bolt-hole.png

cowl-bolt-sm.jpg
Yep. I got the four bolts as well. 👌🏼 Anyone missing the panel is missing out. It’s so worth the trouble.

James1980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I just installed everything the OP posted on my '20 GT base. Wow what a difference.

Thank you OP and everyone else that contributed to this thread. Pretty straight forward install. Not easy, but not too difficult either.
Highly recommended

Sponsored

wtsnowman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Can you mount the extension panel without removing the strut tower brace and cowl brace?

James1980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Can you mount the extension panel without removing the strut tower brace and cowl brace?
Like mentioned, no you cannot install it without removing those two items.

The extention panel goes under the cowl brace, it goes in at a fairly extreme angle so no way to slide it under. And since the cowl brace sits under the strut brace, that has to come off as well.

Dont let that discourage you though, its worth it. Follow all the tips in this thread and you'll have no problems

wtsnowman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Like mentioned, no you cannot install it without removing those two items.

The extention panel goes under the cowl brace, it goes in at a fairly extreme angle so no way to slide it under. And since the cowl brace sits under the strut brace, that has to come off as well.

Dont let that discourage you though, its worth it. Follow all the tips in this thread and you'll have no problems
Thanks! I've yet to install the strut brace and cowl and the extension is on order. I'll probably just do it all at once when the extension comes in. It'll be the most efficient use of nylock nuts haha.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I already have a PP S550, so just contributing to this by adding the original Ford Performance PDF in the event anyone needs it in the future.

Attachments

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
That kit is missing a very important piece.
FR3Z-63016A52A

1630208462797.png

Atticaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

shadowx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt premium 2019
anyone knows which hardware I need (the 2 extra ones) for pp belly pan conversion got 2019 base gt?

Last edited:

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
anyone knows which hardware I need (the 2 extra ones) for pp belly pan conversion got 2019 base gt?
Page 1, post 1 has the complete BOM. Did you check that?
Sponsored