Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
I'll check that out tomorrow. Hopefully it's there. Is that it in the 2nd photo in the original post?
This. I'm curious if it's in there too but I'd figure it would be but confirmation it's there is even better.

udcvsean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Anyone know if I’d be able to get all of this installled at a Ford dealership?

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
You should be able to, mechanics are mechanics. Whether your dealership will actually do it is another story. They may also charge a higher hourly rate.

udcvsean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Thanks! Would this be a good first suspension mod compared to an IRS kit, or should I just save up for shocks struts and springs? For a daily driver that sees twisties on the weekends.

Sponsored

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Thanks! Would this be a good first suspension mod compared to an IRS kit, or should I just save up for shocks struts and springs? For a daily driver that sees twisties on the weekends.
Please don't sidetrack OP's post. Your question is discussed in MANY other threads!

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
It's literally a bolt out bolt in operation, it'd be a waste to do it in a dealer. I got my lower one done, took like 30 minutes including gathering tools and lifting the car. Still procrastinating on getting the firewall brace done, it doesn't require lifting the car, but there are more bolt and a wiper removal tool.

About being a first mod, I think it's good to do it anyways just to get it out from your to do list and it's an easy job you could do in your garage for an afternoon. I did my jacking rails and catch can first, then the strut/cowl brace kit. Now, if you're strapped for cash and want the ultimate bang for the buck, I think the spring/dampers are a better. I'd also add the CB005 since it doesn't take extra effort and gets a ton of benefit. If you're doing it at a shop, I'd also suggest the LCA bearing (install is quite troublesome).

OP
OP
Kevin08

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
It's worth doing the bottom just to make oil changes easier. It's also cheap (sub $400 for the whole set of parts), and very straight forward.

Nghtshd88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Premium
Just to confirm. (Have a premium GT) The four 15mm bolts that hold the strut tower brace down are W712334-S440?

Because I got two wrong sets from my dealer and another wrong answer from AM. Lol its always the dumbest things.

OP
OP
Kevin08

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Just to confirm. (Have a premium GT) The four 15mm bolts that hold the strut tower brace down are W712334-S440?

Because I got two wrong sets from my dealer and another wrong answer from AM. Lol its always the dumbest things.
That's correct, those are the nylock nuts that mount the strut tower brace to your strut tower studs

Sponsored

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase

Weirdly enough I got everything in to add the cowl and the K brace to my '17....and I ordered (just double checked) W712334-S440. What I Received look just like exhaust studs. The part # on the parts bag as torn - looks like they threw the loose studs (supposed to be the nylock nuts) into the bag with the cowl bolts and other hardware I ordered. I will call Fairway Ford tomorrow. Except for those nuts I have everything to install both braces...

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
My car does not have a factory K brace. Would a after market 4 point be a better option or do they serve two different purposes and I should get both?

I have the a strut tower brace and the other underhood brace, extension panel, installed.

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
I'm not sure but does the lower k brace fit the V6? I think the oil pan won't allow it?

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
I do not know.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not sure but does the lower k brace fit the V6? I think the oil pan won't allow it?
It will fit. This is much ahead of that. The aftermarket K braces that sit behind the engine can interfere.
Sponsored