Sponsored

PP Strut Tower Brace kit + Cowl Extension + Lower K Brace Install Guide

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
Hey guys I have all the other parts installed since I bought the car but never got around to buying the lower k brace. Iā€™m tired of having to take the whole panel off to do an oil change so Iā€™m looking for the parts. I can get everything fairly cheap from a local dealer online but they want 9 dollars each for the 6 bolts that hold the brace. Could these be sourced from a parts store if so does anyone know the size.

Last edited:

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
Disregard the previous post I found them fairly cheap. Helpful hint for someone looking in the future though is to look for local dealers that allow you to search and buy parts through their website. Being that theyā€™re local I saved about 40 dollars in shipping.

Atticaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
What exactly does the extension plate do? I have a cowl brace for both my wifeā€™s and my car. We do not have the extension. Thanks.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
It ties it all together. I did not add it when I first did my cowl brace. After many saying it was needed I added It. I felt a difference. If I got another base car I'd add it.

Sponsored

Atticaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
It ties it all together. I did not add it when I first did my cowl brace. After many saying it was needed I added It. I felt a difference. If I got another base car I'd add it.
Thanks. Iā€™ll pick up 2!!!

Grabber Lime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Edward
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT A10
Did you remove the wipers to add the extension plate, i have it but been lazy to tackle it, was it difficult?

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I was a professional mechanic for many years so what I say is easy might be a pain for others.

I did pull the passenger side wiper, and I used a 2x4 to wedge the cover up. I was able to squeeze it in.

All in all not too hard, the worst part was removing the other braces. I hate doing the same job twice on the same car.

spaz mk will

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Did you remove the wipers to add the extension plate, i have it but been lazy to tackle it, was it difficult?
I did this without pulling wipers. Used a small chunk of 2x4 to wedge everything up. Itā€™s doable

Robbie T

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Some of you guys might not like this one. I couldn't get a wiper puller when I did mine. So I used a ball joint separator. Put it under the arm and cushioned it. Popped the center bolt and it separated instantly. Love the ride now that the STB, brace and extender are in. Planning to do the lower K soon. Will probably add the Steeda K too.

Sponsored

Atticaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
Well I finally pulled the trigger on the extension bracket. I really hope it does all Iā€™ve been reading about it. I have had the cowl brace and strut brace for a year now and I still feel a delay in response. I also have Eibach Sportline springs, GT350R swaybars and a bunch of BMR goodies.

Sadly my wifeā€™s 2018 Mustang Ecoboost only has the Eibach Sportlines as a handling mod and the steering is amazingly direct. That light noseā€¦. I need to get my car feeling like hers. I love it. But I donā€™t like how slow it is. LOL!

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
There is an install video for this mod on YouTube. You donā€™t need to remove the wipers. I recommend anyone doing this should check the video out.

Atticaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
There is an install video for this mod on YouTube. You donā€™t need to remove the wipers. I recommend anyone doing this should check the video out.
Iā€™ve only seen the vids for the braces. Not the extension. Everyone in YT seem to not know about it.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
You don't need to, but it makes it much easier. I removed mine, with a cheap puller it's quick and simple.
Sponsored