Sponsored

Powdercoating Stock Wheels

TonyJ5150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
It appears the black on our wheels isn't very glossy. I'm betting it would help with easing the brake dust clean up too... Has anyone had them repowdered? My ride is Magnetic Metallic...has anyone seen any with 350s this color with Silver, Chrome or different colored wheels? Thanks
Sponsored

Jb350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 track pack
It appears the black on our wheels isn't very glossy. I'm betting it would help with easing the brake dust clean up too... Has anyone had them repowdered? My ride is Magnetic Metallic...has anyone seen any with 350s this color with Silver, Chrome or different colored wheels? Thanks
I bought a set of 6gr wheels from a friend for cheap, and I'm going to have them powder coated gloss black. There satin graphite now, and while they look pretty good, gloss black would go great with our magnetic cars. The only thing is that it really needs red calipers. Chrome/silver won't go good with the magnetic imo. There's a guys who did gloss bronze, and it looks pretty good. Imo he should have went a darker bronze tho.

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
GT350 (sold); 04 Cobra (sold)
I bought a set of 6gr wheels from a friend for cheap, and I'm going to have them powder coated gloss black. There satin graphite now, and while they look pretty good, gloss black would go great with our magnetic cars. The only thing is that it really needs red calipers. Chrome/silver won't go good with the magnetic imo. There's a guys who did gloss bronze, and it looks pretty good. Imo he should have went a darker bronze tho.
You mean like this?

picture.jpg

Antique gloss bronze.

Tflong24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
As much as the stock boat anchors....I mean wheels weigh already I don't know if I would add an ounce of weight in any way to them. Lol

Sponsored

TORQUEJUNKY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Avalanche Gray Track Pack
For easy brake dust cleanup, apply a ceramic coating to the wheels. It makes for an easier cleanup.

GT Nate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Mustang GT Premium

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
C quarts is a great item to use for coating, thats what we provide for packages and parts if someone wants that done.

I have my own wheels treated super easy to clean.

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
For easy brake dust cleanup, apply a ceramic coating to the wheels. It makes for an easier cleanup.
Getting my car coated in a few weeks hopefully. As far as being "easier" though, does this mean I can just take a hose and spray the wheels down? I absolutely hate cleaning these wheels.

TORQUEJUNKY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Avalanche Gray Track Pack
Getting my car coated in a few weeks hopefully. As far as being "easier" though, does this mean I can just take a hose and spray the wheels down? I absolutely hate cleaning these wheels.
I agree, these wheels are a PIA to clean, the GT350R wheels would be a lot easier to clean.

The ceramic coating doesn't allow the brake dust to cling onto the wheel the way it would without it. I just spray a proper wheel cleaner on, hose it off, hit it quick with a soft wheel brush and use a leaf blower to dry them.
Sponsored